XIMB '08 : GD/PI Queries

Hello Everyone, The Shortlist for PGPM is out… I am starting this thread for gd pi discussion and preperation for the same … Request seniors to help us here … some of the helpful links are provided below… All the Best puys For …

Hello Everyone,

The Shortlist for PGPM is out..
I am starting this thread for gd pi discussion and preperation for the same ..
Request seniors to help us here .. some of the helpful links are provided below..
All the Best puys

For Results:

http://www.ximb.ac.in/start1/admres.php

other helpful links:

Ximb all the threads:
ximb Threads - Forum Tags by Zoints

For life at XIMB:

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/life-ximbhubaneswar-25017410

For last yeras Gd pi experiences:

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/ximb-2007-09-gd-pi-experiences-25021632

For last years gd pi querries:

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/ximb-07-gd-pi-queries-25020893

for 2007 placements :

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/final-placements-at-ximb-xuberance-2007-25020703

hope we all make it ..

NOTE: Please use this thread for preperation and querries about gd and pi .discussion on cutoffs and other querries should be continued in the old thread.
thanks and regards
mahim

okay .. i hope seniors will inform us as soon as they know about the dates so will wait for them..apart from dm..
the first querry..

wats the general procedure ?

how are gd likes?
wat kind of questions can one expect in pi

thank you
mahim

okay .. i hope seniors will inform us as soon as they know about the dates so will wait for them..apart from dm..
the first querry..

wats the general procedure ?

how are gd likes?
wat kind of questions can one expect in pi

thank you
mahim

I have opted for a date of 21st Feb for GD/PI of NMIMS based on a simple assumption that XLRI or XIMB wont give a date of second last week of Feb.

Seniors please tell us
-> when shall we expect the GD/PI procedure of XIMB to start?
-> If any of the dates clash, is there any way I can get it changed???
will there be any other centres for gd/pi apart from bhub'war?
I have opted for a date of 21st Feb for GD/PI of NMIMS based on a simple assumption that XLRI or XIMB wont give a date of second last week of Feb.

Seniors please tell us
-> when shall we expect the GD/PI procedure of XIMB to start?
-> If any of the dates clash, is there any way I can get it changed???

Last year , The GD/PI dates were in the first 2 weeks of March with around 2-3 days for each city.We arent exactly sure when it'll start this year.WE'll get back to you tomorrow after we talk to the admissions office.

The change of dates was possible last year only after giving proof of the other GD.
vinz007 Says

Yes, thr r other centres for GD/PI. I believe u shud hav filled ur preferences in the application form.
vinz007 Says

bangalore , bhubaneswar , chennai , delhi , hyderabad , kolkata and mumbai will be the centres for GD/PI and your centre will be alloted according to your preference given in the application form.

Hi seniors

I have a different query.

What documents are we supposed to carryy at the time of interview. I being a Domicile candidate, do I need to carry domicile certificates. I want to know this coz i need to get those in time for that.

It would also be great if you you could guide me with the exact criteria of domicile candidates. An official link for the same would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance

Hi seniors

What documents are we supposed to carryy at the time of interview. I being a Domicile candidate, do I need to carry domicile certificates. I want to know this coz i need to get those in time for that.

It would also be great if you you could guide me with the exact criteria of domicile candidates. An official link for the same would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance

For a Orissa domicile one has 2 stay in Orissa for a period of 12 years continuously or 10 years of education. To get a domicile you have to contact the district collectors office of the concerned district. If you are out of town then you can ask someone else to get the certificate 4 u. U may require a proof of the above or an affidavit for getting the certificate.

But to be more specific u'll have 2 get in tuch wid ur district collector.

Bye

hi puys ,
here is a post which lists some of the gd topics asked in ximb ..i think it might be of help

http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/other-exams-xat-fms-jmet/20893-ximb-07-gd-pi-queries-3.html#post677784

hi seniors,
don't remember much but i think i read smwhere about sm kind of mentorship that seniors provide to the aspirants .. can u please throw some light on it..

thanks and regards
mahim

hi seniors,
don't remember much but i think i read smwhere about sm kind of mentorship that seniors provide to the aspirants .. can u please throw some light on it..

thanks and regards
mahim

yes, we do have a mentorship programme for aspirants.....this is essentially run to clear any query/ doubt which the aspirants might have abt the process n also to guide them in their preparations.......u'll receive further communication frm our side very soon with all the details...keep hangin....adios.
Hi seniors

Thanks in advance

In addition to the criteria for being a domicile , u can also get a domicile certificate from the tahsildar of the district where (if ) there is landed property in ur parents` name in that district.

Glad that I made it thru.. Can sumone from XIMB let me know abt the placement figures for the batch of 08. I checked the website but it has not ben updated.. however I heard that the placement process is over.. I know it is kind of premature... but any updates would be really appreciated...

Hi seniors

Can u pls update abt the tent GD PI dates

I hope GD PI venue will be delhi

Thanks

XIMB students can you tell us the role each stage has to play in the final selection especially the XAT score...thanks

Moi got called.

Congratulations all call getters. Wouldn't it be better if we started this thread off by giving a brief introduction? It would give us all a fair idea of the competition that lies ahead.

Me shall start it off:

Name: Akhilesh

10th : 85%
12th : 87.2%
BE (Mechanical Engineering) : 86%

-University rank holder under Anna University, Chennai.

Work Experience : 19 months at Wipro Technologies.

-Working on ERP (Oracle Apps)

XAT scores - 98.93 (LR:97.39 :: QA:96.95 :: VA:93.41)

Decent extracurriculars and cocurriculars.
Favorite passtime: Football.

Don't fall under Orrisa Domicile.

Name: Mudhasir

10th : 84%
12th : 83%
Bcom : 89%

No work experience(own business)

Have got lot of ECA certificates(99% in sports 😁 )

Have done some business in internet also (purely mine)
XAT scores - 97.7%ile (VA 96.29 QA 95.5 DM 86.9 😞 )

Decent extracurriculars and cocurriculars.
Hobbies: volleyball and browsing

Not an Orissa domicile

subhasishds_123 Says
Glad that I made it thru.. Can sumone from XIMB let me know abt the placement figures for the batch of 08. I checked the website but it has not ben updated.. however I heard that the placement process is over.. I know it is kind of premature... but any updates would be really appreciated...

The official report should be out in a while... but till then mum's the word .
Frankly speaking we dont have the statistics yet.