XIMB '07 : Solution Centre

Hello XIMB Aspirants, The admission notification for XIMB is out. An outline of the admission process for PGP is as below: Instructions for PGP Admission *ELIGIBILITY: *Minimum three years Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a…

Hello XIMB Aspirants,

The admission notification for XIMB is out. An outline of the admission process for PGP is as below:

Instructions for PGP Admission
ELIGIBILITY:

Minimum three years Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in any discipline recognised by the Association of Indian Universities as eligible for Post-Graduate studies in Management. Final year degree students, who expect to complete their final examinations and other requirements for obtaining the degree by June 15, 2007, may also apply.

Admissions Test (XAT):

Register www.xlri.edu and appear for XAT to be held on January 7, 2007. XIMB does not conduct a separate admission test, but uses XAT-2007 scores for short-listing its applicants for admission interview. XLRI has no role either in the final selection process or in the conduct of the programme.

How to Apply to XIMB:
Step 1:
Apply separately for admission to XIMB'sXIMB Registration in the menu. Then enter your XAT ID and XAT password, and when authenticated you need to enter the required data in the Online Application Form, click "next" and "Submit".

Step 2:
Take a print out of the Payment Advice form.
Step 3: Pay the application fee in any one of the following methods:

a) Deposit Rs.1000/- in cash, at any State Bank of India Branch in the Account No. 30040537421 of XIMB, Bhubaneswar using Core Banking Services;
OR
b) Get a demand draft for Rs.1000/- in favour of "Xavier Institute of Management", and drawn on State Bank of India, Fortune Towers Branch (Code: 4414), Bhubaneswar or any other bank at Bhubaneswar.
OR
c) Local applicants may pay cash across the XIMB counter along with the payment advice form.

Step 4: Send the payment advice form along with the DD or original SBI remittance slip (counterfoil) to:

Admissions Office,
Xavier Institute of Management,
Xavier Square,
Bhubaneswar- 751 013.

On receipt of payment/payment details, XIMB admissions office will authenticate the payment and a computer generated email confirmation will be sent to your email id regarding acceptance of your online application. Subsequently, the information Bulletin-2007 will be mailed to you to the present address given in the online form.

SELECTION PROCESS:

Candidates short-listed on the basis of XAT scores will be called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview, which will be held at Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, and Mumbai. Candidates will have to meet their own travel expenses. The final selection will be based on the candidate's performance in the XAT, Group Discussion and Personal Interview, and will take into account the past academic record and relevant work experience.

There are other courses on offer too, viz., PGPRM, ExPGP, FPM, PGCBM.

The following links could be relevant to you:

http://www.ximb.ac.in
http://www.ximb.ac.in/admission/
http://www.ximb.sify.net
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/life-ximbhubaneswar-25017410
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/xat-xlri2007-09-queries-and-discussion-exam-jan-7-2007-25016825
For any further queries, we @ XIMB are there to assist you and help you out!

@ VITS

Nice Initiative Buddy..
I hav already applied to XIMB....
Can u give me some info abt XIMB cutoff in XAT last yr ??

Thanks !!

Hi Amit,

there are no specific cut-offs...the calls are profiled based..so it depends..

but a score of 95%ile + with adequate scores in all the sections would help u in securing a call...

anyway, its good to know that u have already applied to XIMB! thats pretty fast, i must say!!

all the best for ur endeavour!

@Vits
thnx for creating this forum 😃

thanx dear...

good to know that you people are now aware of this thread!!

hi..can u tell me the cutoffs for XAT last year..and i have a few doubts regarding the exam pattern for XAt..1)an essay will be given in XAT..can u tell on which topics we will be asked to write and the sources from which one has to prepare..2)iam taking Longterm coaching at TIME where we will be conducted only mock cats.. can u tell the relative difficulty level of XAt when compared with CAT..ie if XAT is as tough as CAT or..?and my last doubt is regarding GK section i XAT..how can one prepare that?plz reply me..

Hello XIMB Aspirants,

The admission notification for XIMB is out. An outline of the admission process for PGP is as below:

Instructions for PGP Admission
ELIGIBILITY:

Minimum three years Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in any discipline recognised by the Association of Indian Universities as eligible for Post-Graduate studies in Management. Final year degree students, who expect to complete their final examinations and other requirements for obtaining the degree by June 15, 2007, may also apply.

Admissions Test (XAT):

Register www.xlri.edu and appear for XAT to be held on January 7, 2007. XIMB does not conduct a separate admission test, but uses XAT-2007 scores for short-listing its applicants for admission interview. XLRI has no role either in the final selection process or in the conduct of the programme.

How to Apply to XIMB:
Step 1:
Apply separately for admission to XIMB'sXIMB Registration in the menu. Then enter your XAT ID and XAT password, and when authenticated you need to enter the required data in the Online Application Form, click "next" and "Submit".
Step 2:
Take a print out of the Payment Advice form.
Step 3: Pay the application fee in any one of the following methods:

a) Deposit Rs.1000/- in cash, at any State Bank of India Branch in the Account No. 30040537421 of XIMB, Bhubaneswar using Core Banking Services;
OR
b) Get a demand draft for Rs.1000/- in favour of "Xavier Institute of Management", and drawn on State Bank of India, Fortune Towers Branch (Code: 4414), Bhubaneswar or any other bank at Bhubaneswar.
OR
c) Local applicants may pay cash across the XIMB counter along with the payment advice form.

Step 4: Send the payment advice form along with the DD or original SBI remittance slip (counterfoil) to:

Admissions Office,
Xavier Institute of Management,
Xavier Square,
Bhubaneswar- 751 013.

On receipt of payment/payment details, XIMB admissions office will authenticate the payment and a computer generated email confirmation will be sent to your email id regarding acceptance of your online application. Subsequently, the information Bulletin-2007 will be mailed to you to the present address given in the online form.

SELECTION PROCESS:

Candidates short-listed on the basis of XAT scores will be called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview, which will be held at Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, and Mumbai. Candidates will have to meet their own travel expenses. The final selection will be based on the candidate's performance in the XAT, Group Discussion and Personal Interview, and will take into account the past academic record and relevant work experience.

There are other courses on offer too, viz., PGPRM, ExPGP, FPM, PGCBM.

The following links could be relevant to you:

http://www.ximb.ac.in
http://www.ximb.ac.in/admission/
http://www.ximb.sify.net
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/life-ximbhubaneswar-25017410
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/xat-xlri2007-09-queries-and-discussion-exam-jan-7-2007-25016825
For any further queries, we @ XIMB are there to assist you and help you out!
vyjayanthi Says
hi..can u tell me the cutoffs for XAT last year..and i have a few doubts regarding the exam pattern for XAt..1)an essay will be given in XAT..can u tell on which topics we will be asked to write and the sources from which one has to prepare..2)iam taking Longterm coaching at TIME where we will be conducted only mock cats.. can u tell the relative difficulty level of XAt when compared with CAT..ie if XAT is as tough as CAT or..?and my last doubt is regarding GK section i XAT..how can one prepare that?plz reply me..

hi vyjanthi,

ur first doubt has been answered in post # 3 of this thread....but still i'm pasting the same thing for u...

cut-offs:

there are no specific cut-offs...the calls are profiled based..so it depends..

but a score of 95%ile + with adequate scores in all the sections would help u in securing a call...

essays:

for more details on XAT essays, visit this thread...u wud find loads of info here:

http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/other-...ting-zone.html (XAT - Essay Writing Zone)

difficulty:

this year's XAT paper was difficult than CAT.. this is what most people feel..but its more a matter of perception...no need to worry abt the difficulty level, coz what matters is the relative position...

G.K.:

XAT had scrapped GK Section last year and introduced a DI/Logic Section...so chances are highly likely that they would not revert to the old patter...in any case, its always good to go through the newspapers regularly coz they would be helpful in your GD/PIs...
Thanks vits,

For such a speedy reply ..

speed is the essence of life, my dear...and this is what management is all about...more importantly, time management!!

got a query

XLRI we can apply to one programme by paying 800/- and for two programmes PMIR and BM we can apply to both paying 1000/-

in the same way can we apply to XIMBs PGP and PGPRM paying little extra amount or do we need to purchase two applications paying 1000+1000/-

Please clarify

Thank u
Bye
Krishna

got a query

XLRI we can apply to one programme by paying 800/- and for two programmes PMIR and BM we can apply to both paying 1000/-

in the same way can we apply to XIMBs PGP and PGPRM paying little extra amount or do we need to purchase two applications paying 1000+1000/-

Please clarify

Thank u
Bye
Krishna

Hi Krishna,

You need to apply seperately for the two courses. No combo-offers @ XIMB!
vits Says
speed is the essence of life, my dear...and this is what management is all about...more importantly, time management!!

Speed is also the essence of vella-panthi 😁 , ( and vits u dont have to thank me for posting "yet" again )

PS: Time management ke class le na ...ull get full attendance

Eventough this Thread is for PGP program
I request any of U seniors to tell me about the cut off required for PGPRM program of XIMB.

Does XIMB call all those people whom IRMA has Called for GD/PI
or they have some seperate criteria?
PGPRM people pls throw some light on this

I request any of U seniors to tell me about the cut off required for PGPRM program of XIMB.

i'd try to get some info from my friends in PGPRM and update you soon...

Thanks Friend!
Eager to more about PGPRM of XIMB

vits Says
i'd try to get some info from my friends in PGPRM and update you soon...

i confirmed this from my friends in PGPRM that if u've got a call from IRMA then you'll get a call from XIMB too...

and from this year onwards, XAT marks could be submitted for the PGPRM course as well...

XAT quants section......??????????:angry::yell:what xtraa is required for it....especially for ppl who r bad in quants:oops:.....

"Get a demand draft for Rs.1000/- in favour of "Xavier Institute of Management", and drawn on State Bank of India, Fortune Towers Branch (Code: 4414), Bhubaneswar or any other bank at Bhubaneswar."

Can some one please clarify the above statement for me.It says the DD should be in favor of XIM but then what does drawn on mean?Does it mean the DD should only be taken from a bank in bhubaneswar and not in any other city?

"Get a demand draft for Rs.1000/- in favour of "Xavier Institute of Management", and drawn on State Bank of India, Fortune Towers Branch (Code: 4414), Bhubaneswar or any other bank at Bhubaneswar."

Can some one please clarify the above statement for me.It says the DD should be in favor of XIM but then what does drawn on mean?Does it mean the DD should only be taken from a bank in bhubaneswar and not in any other city?

I see you have a long way to go in life, but never mind (No hard feelings) . It's best to clear your doubts. "Drawn on" means that the draft has to be made payable in this case-- In a bank based in Bhubaneswar, it can be SBI or any other bank which has a branch in that city, so when you go to the bank to get the draft made, just ask if they have a branch in Bhubaneswar (Drafts are cleared only in the same bank, branch can be located anywhere in India). All the best.
XIMBSEEKER! Says
XAT quants section......??????????:angry::yell:what xtraa is required for it....especially for ppl who r bad in quants:oops:.....

cannot say much abt this...

my only word is - KEEP YOUR FUNDAMENTALS STRONG!!

what is the last date to apply to ximb?