Ximb 2011-13 gd/pi bm/rm experiences

Hey Puys, Today, the XIMB interviews for admission to the 2011-2013 programme begin. Please use this thread for narrating your experiences. The information you share here will be immensely useful to the candidates scheduled after you, as well as…

Hey Puys,
Today, the XIMB interviews for admission to the 2011-2013 programme begin. Please use this thread for narrating your experiences. The information you share here will be immensely useful to the candidates scheduled after you, as well as to candidates who are shortlisted in the subsequent years.

Please mention:

1. call details (PGDM or PGDM-RM)
  2. ur profile (acads & work-ex)
  3. XAT score
  4. GD topic
  5. PI (the more detailed, the better)
  6. any other info, u feel like sharing....

Last year's GD/PI experiences can be found here.

http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/other-...periences.html ( XIMB GD/PI Experiences thread)

http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/other-...periences.html ( XIMB: GD/PI Experiences)

Chak de!!!!

where are u people...start posting.......
delhi walon!!!!!!

Interview Center-Delhi, Slot-2pm
Call PGDM
10th 78.8
12 80.8
grads 70.27 in B.A (h) mathematics
work ex- nil
XAT score 98.23
GD Topic- "We live in corporations" it was something of a topic nd it went well..everybody had a chance to speak..in the end gave us 1 min to summarize...overall it spanned for abt 10mins or so...
PI- nothing except acads was asked...griddled mostly on probs nd stats...
1 abberation of-course they asked, introduce urself at the start...most of the interviews lasted for abt 5mins or so in my batch except for me nd 1 other guy....we had it for abt 10mins...
be thorough with ur acads....they r emphasizing on this heavily...start well cause if they loose interest in you...chances are one's interview will end in abt 5mins...
i was grilled especially cause i am the college topper...
atb to all the puys who have their interview slated in the coming days...

where r u friends....start postin....

Interview Center-Delhi, Slot-2pm
Call PGDM
10th 78.8
12 80.8
grads 70.27 in B.A (h) mathematics
work ex- nil
XAT score 98.23
GD Topic- "We live in corporations" it was something of a topic nd it went well..everybody had a chance to speak..in the end gave us 1 min to summarize...overall it spanned for abt 10mins or so...
PI- nothing except acads was asked...griddled mostly on probs nd stats...
1 abberation of-course they asked, introduce urself at the start...most of the interviews lasted for abt 5mins or so in my batch except for me nd 1 other guy....we had it for abt 10mins...
be thorough with ur acads....they r emphasizing on this heavily...start well cause if they loose interest in you...chances are one's interview will end in abt 5mins...
i was grilled especially cause i am the college topper...
atb to all the puys who have their interview slated in the coming days...

in the GD wen they gave 1 min to summarize, did somebody hav to volunteer or was everyone given a chance to do so?

delhi 2 pm(hey sumit :D)

xat score : 98.94
acads :
Xth 89.6%
XIIth : 85.2%
B.E(EEE) : 66%
electrical engg frsher

GD
topic :we live in corporations
simple topic..we had half hr before the group went inside.had a healthy discussion on the budget before..so we were comfortable with each other..it went off well..no fish market whatsoever..2 min to think..7 min to speak..1 min to wind up.
i made 3-4 entries.

PI
2 sirs n one madam(dats d norm).
was a bit on the bad side.
immediately started with academics..n dat too a topic i hadnt studied on(power sector).i said i m nt comfortable with this area.

dn askd abt renewable energy scope in india...told.

askd transmission losses kisme zada hote hain..told.

we shift now to the other prof.

which is ur favorite subject?
me : transformers.

grills me fr 2 mins.

end mein asks abt fluids..i say i do not know about fluid mechanics.

finally we shift to the madam.

which branch will u prefer?

i say no particular tendency ryt nw..will wiegh options after joining..though m a bit partial to marketing since i hv been in marketing committee of colg fr the past 2 years.
she : on what factor will u wiegh ur options?interest or employability?
me : interest.
she : if ur interest has no employers in market will u still take it?
me :yes , definetely.

thank you.

Hello friends ! this is my experience:

Interview Center-Delhi, Slot-11 am
Call PGDM
10th 83.80
12 83.40
grads 8.18 CGPA in b.tech(hons.) in computer science and engineering from NIT Jamshedpur

work ex-27 months
XAT score 97.86
GD Topic-which railway minister is better:Mamta banerjee or laloo yadav
This GD topic was for about 7-8 mins and everybody chipped with 2 to 3 points.

PI-Yes the same their main focus was on ur acads from ur graduation.They asked me REGARDING VAROIUS SUBJECTS FROM B.TECH AND MOST OF THEM WHICH WERE NOT IN MY CORE FIELD LIKE I AM COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING THEY ASKED ME ABOUT ECLECTRONICS SUBJECT LIKE DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSING AND CIVIL SUBJECTS LIKE SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT. Questions like WHICH STREAM I WOULD LIKE TO CHOOSE IN MY MBA ?REGARDING MY WORK EXPERIENCE AND MY WORK PROFILE.FOCUS WAS ON TECHNICAL ASPECTS OF THE THINGS EVEN AS I AM A PASSOUT OF CLASS OF 2007. Hope this will help fellow puys.

Can anyone tell me when will the final results be out?

abhiajax Says
Can anyone tell me when will the final results be out?

The website says last week of March.
Tasha07 Says
in the GD wen they gave 1 min to summarize, did somebody hav to volunteer or was everyone given a chance to do so?

they just sounded a bell for last 1 min remaining...then we knew we had to summarize...

Hey puys here is my experience:

XIMB-PGDM

XAT Score:98.75

Acads: Average

Workex: 8 months

GD Topic-Which railway minister is better:Mamta banerjee or Laloo yadav
It wasnt the best GD. Atleast I wasnt comfortable with the topic. Politics would be the last thing that I wanted. Although I spoke 2 times I wsnt happy with my performance. The GD lasted for hardly 10 mins so it was a very short GD and every1 spoke abt 2-3 times.

PI:

Three profs, lets call them: P1,P2,P3

M:Me

M: Good Morning

P1,P2,P3: Good Morning

P1:So where r u from?

M:Gave background

P1:U have a wierd profile how come a shift from engineering to marketing

M: Got the chance......highly ranked in recruitment process.....

P2:What is employee branding?

M: Dont know

P2:Elaborate about your job responsibilities...

M:Spoke for 2 mins

P3:So u want to do an MBA in marketing?

M:Not sure i have interest in finance as well.

P2: Lots of questions on finance

M: Answered many but couldnt answer the last1

the qs were:

1.What is liquidity
2.What is IIP
3.Fiscal deficits
4.How to reduce them
5.Investment banking

In between P2 screwed me: there arent mny investment bankers that come here u should try elsewhere; i explained that I am not looking at investment banking as a career but they were not convinced and sid that I look more interested in such a profile compared to marketing.

6.What is SLR(Couldnt answer googled afterwards)

P1:Today from marketing to finance; tomorrow u might say HR:splat:

M:Tried to defend

P1:Which stream in engineering

M:Electonics

P1+P3: Drilled me on radars

M: Answered everything but dont have a clue whether the answers are anywhere near correct

P3:Market yourself...

M: Tried to bring out the positives...

P1:U say u rso good then u should try in xlri, ximb is not for u

M: Tried for XLRI, XIMB is back-up
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Guess i made d biggest mistake of my life esp after i had a miserable XLRI experience

i didnt mean to degrade XIMB but was just honest enough to say that XLRI is my first preference, hope they take it in this way :|

P1+P2+P3:U may leave , thank u

Bottomline: Be prepared for anything, all the best :cheers:

Repeat post

hi puys..

XIMB-PGDM
XAT-95.35

Acads-
10th-90%
12th-83%
Btech ECE-9.xx CGPA

Work-ex: NIL
time slot-4p.m Delhi

GD topic: "NEWSPAPER?"
We were given 2 min to think n 5min to discuss...wen 1 min was left dey rang a bell to indicate to summarize.Every one got to speak in a group of 7.No Fish Market.

PI:

I was the second one to be interviewed

P1-a madam P2,P3-2 sirs

P1:Okay Daksh tell me about yourself.
Me: Told.

P3:Why can't we use Steel as semiconductor?
Me: Sir Steel is good conductor ..n semi-conductor is in between conductor n insulator.....

P2:Okay What is difference between GSm n CDMA?
ME:Expanded them n Told dat in CDMA only the receiver with requisite code can catch the signal...

P1:Tell me about your hobbies..?
ME:Told.

(Meanwhile P3 asks for my folder and perused it)

P2:Which is better GSM or CDMA?
Me:Told CDMA.
In CDMA signal is difficult to intercept n in GSM we can intercept.(Dunno whether i was absolutely right or not..do tell me puys)
P2: THen why is GSM widely used?
ME: can't answer satisfactorily to convince them.

P3:Tell me about 2G n 3G...wen will 4G be launched in INDIA?
Me:2G n 3G told..difference
for 4G said..dat we are recently done with 3G action so 4G will take time...

P2 seeing P1 and P3..ok Daksh we are done...
Was about to leave..P3 pointed to take the folder along..

P.S: Dunno wat to make of the interview..
All The Best....

paharidude Says
man you need a hell load of guts to say that in an interview. Hats off to you.

Many profs at XIMB teach at XL as well, so there's no reason to expect anything negative just coz someone was candid about his choices. I'd rather say that was what the interviewer wanted to check...!

Great to see the second stage kick off smoothly. All the best to the puys lined up. Keep in touch with ur mentors, clarify any questions u have beforehand.

Cheers, JP

hi puys.......i jst want 2 ask u all a q,and plz support me by sending your ans,i am the average student scored 10th 80%,12th 63%,bba 70 %,but i was selected as a national payer in the basketball,got so many prizes in sports,music,but the q is i got call from ximb on irma score,i have 2 yr gap after passing 12th,prepared for medical as my parents wanting to do it,but lack of interest i dint get success over there,so it would be the problem dat interviewer wont select me and what should be the ans why i have year gap after compltng my 12th

shreeshreya Says
hi puys.......i jst want 2 ask u all a q,and plz support me by sending your ans,i am the average student scored 10th 80%,12th 63%,bba 70 %,but i was selected as a national payer in the basketball,got so many prizes in sports,music,but the q is i got call from ximb on irma score,i have 2 yr gap after passing 12th,prepared for medical as my parents wanting to do it,but lack of interest i dint get success over there,so it would be the problem dat interviewer wont select me and what should be the ans why i have year gap after compltng my 12th

hi shreeshreya

if i were in your place i wud change my drop year into a strength rather than a weakness..i hv a dropped year too..n i had put it in my points of strength..u hv to show what all u learned will u were studying fr medical..dedication strong will power , ability to work hard n all dat..js remember dey r luking fr a positive outlook frm u on nything that u hv done..so dnt take dis as a negative point..

hi Puys ,

please post your experiences so that some insight can be gained...

Eagerly waiting for PGDRM guys to post their GD/PI experiences. Any one for 12 March, 11am, Venue:XIMB slot for PGDRM.

Hi Puys,,

Had my GD PI Today..MAR 3rd 2 P. M . Slot.. Venue XIMB
XAT %le 92
B.Tech Civil Engg.
Work ex 30 Months(IT)

To start with it felt great to be at XIMB..
There were 7 ppl in our Slot. We had some good chit chat in the waiting room which definitely helped a lot in GD.

GD Topic Was : In the end of tunnel there is light!!!!!!!!!

Nice topic ..No Fish Market..
I chipped in with 4 5 good points... Inflation..Gadaffi..Corporate projects etc..Also discussed what if there is no light at the end of Tunnel??:banghead:

PI :

The Same panel 3 Profs:

Couldn't make out Head or Tail out of it.
I was asked about my XAT Scores.
Work i am doing currently.
Since i am working in ERP Projects some technical stuffs were asked , which i fortunately answered correctly :cheers:

Then was the Bang...
I was given a Paper pen.....
Factorials ...Number systems...Remainder theorem...Time speed distance... Answered some..But not all!!!

I came out of the room and thought it was not like a Bollywood stuff (Since the ending part was not gud) But After that i thought what if this ain't the end. Let's wait 4 da results...Picture abhi baki he mere Dost!!!!