XIMB 2005 GD/PI Hopefuls,Experiences,Help and More...

Hey Guys, Felt a need for all GD/PI preps for XIMB to be organised at one place. Hence this thread. I hope fellow XIMBias will come fwd to share thier past experiences as well…as also each of us who’s faced a GD/PI post his/her experien…

Hey Guys,

Felt a need for all GD/PI preps for XIMB to be organised at one place.
Hence this thread.
I hope fellow XIMBias will come fwd to share thier past experiences as well...as also each of us who's faced a GD/PI post his/her experiences here...

Well,for starters,any idea abuot dates etc?
And what questions and topics you think should be covered before this interveiw in March? etc etc

Let the questions flow.Itsdishain ,highwaystar etc, waiting for you all here !

Hi every1,
well here is the link where last year some discussion regarding the GDs and PI took place....
http://www.pagalguy.com/cat/showthread.php?t=2226&highlight;=XIMB
so u can refer to it.
wat i had to say has been mentioned there.....

and all the best....
and remember at XIMB, GD is not an elimination round :)

cya,
Gaurav Gupta
XIMB: 2003-05

i hope this is also the thread for ximb- pgprm....:)
after disappointment of irma...this call is wonderful
seniors plzzz help out on GD topics..and pls do give some pointers on topics to be covered concerning rural sector...
thnks a lot
cheers'
niv

Hi all,
Since there is no1 here from PGPRM @XIMB here....
it wud be fine if RM queries are posted at http://www.ximbians.com/forum/index.php in the prospective students link....
then atleast some1 from our insti will help u.

The PGPM ones can try here itself......since there r many PGPM students here.
neways this post was to tell where students querying for PGPRM can get better info.
That site of XIMB was launched just yesterday....
and for prospective candidates u dont need to become members....
so i wud suggest u not to try to become one also.....
cya,
Gaurav Gupta
PGPM: 2003-05
XIMB

plzz can anybody tell me what ximb is like.is it worth it. what kinda q's they ask in pi. I'm a fresher doin my btech. dont know what to do.this is the only call i've got. 94. 36% in xat. is it good enuf to get thru. do they place any weightage on acads. ?????????? well can any body answer my queries:shock:

deleted...double post..damn my stinking PC!

subrata_taurean Says
plzz can anybody tell me what ximb is like.is it worth it. what kinda q's they ask in pi. I'm a fresher doin my btech. dont know what to do.this is the only call i've got. 94. 36% in xat. is it good enuf to get thru. do they place any weightage on acads. ?????????? well can any body answer my queries:shock:

For general qns about XIMB,post here :
http://www.pagalguy.com/cat/showthread.php?t=5158&highlight;=ximb

We'll keep this thread only for GD/PI related queries.

Highwaystar , thx for ur help.We'll ned more of it as Dates of GD/PI come nearer.
SO plz keep looking into this thread from time to time until March:)

Thanks and Regards

I will try to look at it from time to time.....
but i will be on a holiday break from 25th feb to 6th march...still no probs
there are many XIMBians here to help u out.... :)

and for the question is XIMB worth it....
u can go thru the placement details of XIMB posted on PG forums itself...
Then go thru some past discussions.....just search for threads on XIMB....
like there were comparisons of XIMB with many other b schools discussed...
See me saying XIMB is worth joinin is just not enough u shud urself say XIMB is worth joinin....den only will u be satisfied....

What i can say....is that two years spent here by me....has given me more than wat i cud ask for....
Placements is not the only things, its only incidental....its what u internalize at the insti is more important....only the things learned (this includes things apart from acads also) will take u further in life....u may get a real gud paying job.....from campus....but then can u sustain it.....without what u have learned.....(both theory and practical).

see do some research on the insti on ur own.....to find out what insti is ll about.....
by askin a question like " is XIMB worth joining?" ur givin me - a marketing guy to just sell the insti to u.....i dont wanna do dat....
do some research....ask about insti from various sources....ask from ur peers...or ask at ur coachin insti.....check the website....
check alumni....check cos. wich come....to campus....and the policies followed here....
one of the policies wich we follow in placements is no differential.....and we have even kicked out cos. wich pay differential...
also durin placements.....it was seen that students went mainly for job profile.....though salary might be less dan another offer wich they might be having....
dats all...

rest u decide on ur own.....
some research and u will get the info u need......
ciao,
Gaurav Gupta
PGPM: 2003-05
XIMB

can one of the seniors tell me what is the weightage given to
xat %le
acads
gd
pi
work-ex

n i am a fresher doing my final b.com
what exactly should i be prepared for in my interview..??:huh:
can some other fresher who attended the interview last year also help ??

Hi Guys,
For all your qeuries and discussions of XIMB GD/PI experinces.. please go to the link..
This is the Prospective Student's Forum of XIMB, and you can get a whole lot of help here.....
http://www.ximbians.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=4

Regards,
Itsdishain

Hi all,
Thanks for various XMB links above.Appreciate it.
This thread is mostly meant for intercation between ppl who have got their GD/PI calls for XIMB.they can proceed later with thier experiences etc.
Maybe a lil premature,i guess:huh:

Regards
Prasun.

hi frenz... anybody has any idea about the expected GD/PI dates of XIMB.

Acc to XIMB site:

Group Discussion & Interviews During March
Announcement of final admission results Last week of March

GD/PI will be 1st week of March probably.

subrata_taurean Says

it's good enough but ximb does prefer work ex ppl and they do see acads also,,,,
they give calls as low as 81 so ur in the trop bracket of ppl at ximb dude ...
chill and prepare acads and genreal knowledge .... they tend to end gd's prematurely and last year i had a stress interview with them ,,,, got into waiting didnot clear finally though ....
chillax and be confident main thing everyone looks for

any idea abt last yr gd topics?????????/

Any Mumbai GD/PI call getters?
Earliest date of interview is 17th Feb for Bhubaneshwar guys ,rt?
Good for us in mumbai/delhi etc...will know sth in advance...hopefully
time for some
Catch ya

XIMB int on 19th Mar at Xaviers,Mumbai.

Hi all
Me from Blore
Yet 2 recv any letter from XIMB...

Dun know whats happening..

Now in Pune 4 SIBM

Nikhil

Hi all
Me from Blore
Yet 2 recv any letter from XIMB...

Dun know whats happening..

Now in Pune 4 SIBM

Nikhil

u gotta ask them buddy...chennai dates on 19th ...and i dun think there'll be multiple days.