Xavier Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship Executive PGDM Queries

Welcome all Puys for Ex MBA. This thread is related to admission queries about Xavier Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship program for EX PGDM 2012-13. You can ask any questions regarding the institution, course and it’s credentials. …

Welcome all Puys for Ex MBA.

This thread is related to admission queries about Xavier Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship program for EX PGDM 2012-13. You can ask any questions regarding the institution, course and it's credentials.

Pour your questions in and these will be answered by us.

College Website:
http://xime.org/

Admission webpage:
http://xime.org/admission.php

Placement Details:
http://xime.org/placement.php

EX PGDM 2012-13 Admission Details -

Eligibility

- Graduates in any discipline from a recognized university with at least 50% marks at Graduation
- Executives with Minimum 5 years experience

Application
Duly filled in application should be send to
Admissions Coordinator XIME,
Electronics City, Phase 2, Hosur Road, Bangaolre -100.

Announcement
Last date for receipt of application to reach on or before May 30, 2012 and GD/PI is on 2nd June, 2012.

For further details
Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship

Please find the below ad cut out from the TOI newspaper. I am pasting for the prospective student's benefit.

Also note down the revised dates (extended dates) for the application receipt and GD/PI dates.

About the course:

This 15 month Executive PGDM AICTE approved program has been designed to equip corporate professionals with concepts, skills and techniques essential to make them more effective leaders and change agents in their organizations, whether in the private or public sectors. The thrust of the learning experience is to train you to compete and succeed using leadership skills, strategic thinking and in-depth functional knowledge. The program shortens the learning curve of prospective General Managers and Vice Presidents through exposure to strategic issues in management over a wide front.

During this program you will learn to think like General Managers and most importantly, you will practice the skills of questioning, listening, integrating, and communicating. You will have the opportunity to experiment with new approaches and to discuss your own professional challenges with your colleagues and faculty facilitators.

What entrance test scores are valid for admission to XIME?

What are the various specialization courses available in this programme?

@ Rakesh

First of all welcome to the thread. Its nice to have you here.

Query 1
Rakesh, the admission criteria for this course is mainly on the eligibility as provided earlier like:
1. 50% and above in your graduation
2. 5 and above years of work experience.

The entrance test score are not mandatory, but if you have them it will add up to your chances of getting you a call from the institute. A good score is always respected.

The GD and PI hold the major key in getting a successful admission call.

Query 2
Specializations offered here are
1. Finance
2. Marketing
3. HR
4. Operations

I hope I have answered your question well and would like hear from you on any other information needed.

Today being the last day for the receipt of ExPGDM 2012-13 application, I hope you have done your side of work to apply on time.

Anything you guys want to know shoot, I am here to answer them .

@no1mba

Thanks for the answers to my queries

I guess I'm tooo late....

Hi,Please let me know if this course is approved by AICTE?

What is the duration of Executive PGDM course? What are the internship opportunities?

@ Wan2domba

Thank you for your post. And as your name says, I wish you good luck in your MBA pursuit.

Query 1
Yes, the course is AICTE approved. And one of the very few institutes to get AICTE approval for this kind of courses in Karnataka.

Query 2
The course is for 15months, which is of 5 semesters including 3 months of internship.
Well the internship opportunities are good. The college has its vast alumni and since the XIME is known among the corporates, the college has been able to attract many MNC and Indian companies.

You can find the list from the college website
Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship

@huchhahudga

I would like to tell you, not to worry. Since today is All India Bundh, students have been calling college for extension of dates.

I would like to inform you that you can still apply.

Due to All India Bundh and on students request the admission dates are extended.

I would like to inform you all that you can still apply.

I shall confirm the dates soon for last day of receipt, but till then you can go ahead and apply.

If anyone has any query you can direct it to me directly by posting here or using PM.

I shall help you all on information related to the course and admission.

Hi,

I am expecting an offer for Ex-PGDM (2012-13 batch) and would like to know about the placements for the Ex-PGDM students.

1) Approx what percentage of hike do we get in the pay package?
2) The course gets over in Sep and the placements wouldn't start till Jan, so looks like we will have to search for the job on our own. How well is this degree recognized among the corporates?
3) I am hoping our current work-ex is considered while looking out for a job, please tell me this is true..

Thanks,
Karthik

Hi,

I am expecting an offer for Ex-PGDM (2012-13 batch) and would like to know about the placements for the Ex-PGDM students.

1) Approx what percentage of hike do we get in the pay package?
2) The course gets over in Sep and the placements wouldn't start till Jan, so looks like we will have to search for the job on our own. How well is this degree recognized among the corporates?
3) I am hoping our current work-ex is considered while looking out for a job, please tell me this is true..

Thanks,
Karthik

@ karthik

Welcome to XIME ExPGDM thread.

Good to know you have taken up this bold step towards great future ahead. Wish you the very best for it.

To answer your quires:

1, What matters to you - profile or remuneration? Its up to the individuals who come in for this program as to what they want to achieve. Negotiation is your skill, people have made it to better profiles and salaries and also there are cases where guys are not clear on their needs.

2, I feel your query sounds little negative. To tell you the positive side - You could start for the placement through reference, with the help of college, from august itself and make your way out with pre placement offer from your internship company as well or wait for the college placement to happen in Jan and you could join your dream company then. Either way its a win-win situation for you. Infosys, Wipro, TCS and few other major IT companies very well know XIME and its courses. For further info kindly have a look at the placement brochure. Right now its the intake of 5th batch and XIME is known well in Karnataka with top ranking. But the same cannot be compared with ISB or Great Lakes as ExPGDM is not the flagship program.

3, Yes, what you said is correct. Your work-ex is considered while you are been interviewed. More of it, its a lateral placement. That's why have a clear career path and know where you want to place yourself and reach it by making good use of this program.

I hope to have answered to your quires. Further you want to know more, do write in.
huchhahudga Says
I guess I'm tooo late....

@huchhahudga

I hope you have made the required note on my earlier post informing about the extension of dates and hopefully have applied by this time.
@ karthik

Welcome to XIME ExPGDM thread.

Good to know you have taken up this bold step towards great future ahead. Wish you the very best for it.

To answer your quires:

1, What matters to you - profile or remuneration? Its up to the individuals who come in for this program as to what they want to achieve. Negotiation is your skill, people have made it to better profiles and salaries and also there are cases where guys are not clear on their needs.

2, I feel your query sounds little negative. To tell you the positive side - You could start for the placement through reference, with the help of college, from august itself and make your way out with pre placement offer from your internship company as well or wait for the college placement to happen in Jan and you could join your dream company then. Either way its a win-win situation for you. Infosys, Wipro, TCS and few other major IT companies very well know XIME and its courses. For further info kindly have a look at the placement brochure. Right now its the intake of 5th batch and XIME is known well in Karnataka with top ranking. But the same cannot be compared with ISB or Great Lakes as ExPGDM is not the flagship program.

3, Yes, what you said is correct. Your work-ex is considered while you are been interviewed. More of it, its a lateral placement. That's why have a clear career path and know where you want to place yourself and reach it by making good use of this program.

I hope to have answered to your quires. Further you want to know more, do write in.

Thank you for the response, this gives me more confidence.