XAT Essay Preparation Thread

Since XAT exam is just round the corner, I invite all of you to write one essay everyday. Be loyal to yourself,1) Do not use dictionary :noentry: 2) Have a timer around you3) Do not search for content after knowing the topic. :noentry: …

Since XAT exam is just round the corner, I invite all of you to write one essay everyday. Be loyal to yourself,

1) Do not use dictionary
2) Have a timer around you
3) Do not search for content after knowing the topic.

Initial findings might frustrate you, but a month's practice is good enough provided you are sincere. I will post a question everyday. You can also help me by sending me some hot topics through message. All the best 😃👏

UPDATE : Essay topic for the day : After nearing 25 years, does India needs reforms once again

Hi all,

pls critique.

XAT 2011 essay-The statesman who should attempt to direct private people in what manner they ought to employ their capitals would not only load himself with most unnecessary attention but assume an authority which could safely be trusted to no council and senate whatever, and which would nowhere be so dangerous as in the hands of man who has folly and presumption enough to fancy himself fit to exercise it.

The given statement underscores the precariousness of the job of a financial advisor or counselor. The return on investment is unpredictable and hence, there is a risk. But risk is something ubiquitous and comes essentially with every new venture. The share markets, for example are quite unpredictable, but people do take risk and invest in stocks. They use their knowledge, sixth sense and understanding of market and make investments. Likewise, they invest in fixed deposits, insurance plans, real estate, etc. also. An expert in the field can add his knowledge and expertise to their investment ideas and guide them in a better way. For example, the job of a financial analyst is to help firms, banks, businesses etc in taking investment decisions. Analysts study an entire industry, assess current trends in business practices, products and industry competition. They analyze financial data, spot trends and develop forecasts. The same process can be scaled down and used to direct individuals take decisions. Though it is a difficult task but one can be an expert by acquiring the knowledge, understanding and acumen. The job is similar to any other counsellor's job, say a career counselor or a health counselor. But a good counselor can always direct and help others.