XAT 2014 Preparation

After searching frantically for the XAT '14 preparation group I came to realize that this season I will be the one to start this Holy group for all those XAT maniacs !!* **Enjoy and let us begin !! :angel: *

After searching frantically for the XAT '14 preparation group I came to realize that this season I will be the one to start this Holy group for all those XAT maniacs !!

Enjoy and let us begin !! 👼

Some RC and GK..

Rupee slumps to record low, closes in on 60 per dollar

Reuters | Updated On: June 20, 2013 18:11 (IST)

The rupee slumped to a record low of 59.9850 on Thursday as India's record high current account deficit is exacerbating its vulnerability in an emerging market rout, although interventions by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) prevented further falls.The partially convertible rupee closed at 59.57/58 per dollar, against its previous close of 58.71/72. It had fallen to 59.9850 during the session, breaching its previous record low of 58.98 touched on June 11.The RBI was seen buying rupees at around the 59.90 to a dollar mark on at least two occasions, but the currency tanked 1.4 per cent, among Asia's worst performers on a day which saw currencies tumble from Mumbai to Manila.The US Federal Reserve's signal of a rollback in its monetary stimulus has raised fears that it may signal the end of cheap money, critical to funding India's current account deficit that hit a record high of 6.7 per cent of gross domestic product in October-December.Data showing China's factory activity weakened to a nine-month low in June added to the selling pressure.Traders said the rupee's outlook would hinge on global factors for now, although they expected a more stable currency in the near term."I think the move in the rupee was a bit exaggerated and more of a knee-jerk reaction to the global moves. Over the weekend, I expect some stability to return to the rupee," said N. Venkatesh, head of treasury at IDBI Bank.The government also stepped in to calm nerves, with the chief adviser to the finance ministry, saying the government was not short of options to tackle the rupee's fall.Yet, the absence of specific measures continues to haunt markets. The government's most likely immediate reform move, raising caps on foreign investment in various sectors, is likely to have a longer term salutary impact on the rupee.After a surge of easy money both into equity and debt markets in the beginning of the year, foreign funds have been heavy sellers of rupee debt as the yield differential with the US shrinks and a falling rupee raises hedging costs.In the offshore non-deliverable forwards, the one-month contract was at 59.99, while the three-month was at 60.67.In the currency futures market, the most-traded near-month dollar/rupee contracts on the National Stock Exchange, the MCX-SX and the United Stock Exchange all closed around 59.80 with a total traded volume of $11.5 billion.

Copyright: Thomson Reuters 2013

Puys.. come on show some dedication toward XAT14 also.. 😃

Nice! Finally a thread for XAT'14... its better to have a early start

in which year XAT2014 will be held..and whats its eligibility criteria.?

hey i have only 4-5 months left with no prep and xat is my only hope (max time available for xat )
...Pl help me with the books i ll need to prepare for it(its pattern is diff frm others)..Thnks

For people who are preparing for MBA 2014 a peek into how interviews are to be managed. XLRI interview is considered one of the hardest to crack if not the hardest given the very high reject rate and limited seats and no reservation . This is how the XAT Topper also a Btech from IIT kanpur ( now student of XLRI HR) went about it. Hope it helps future aspirants too.

hi guys,

not related to dis thread, but plz tell me how to prepare for GK questions for mba entrance exams other than CAT?

What sources r best for GK (including business awareness, current affairs, and typical questions asked in such exams).

I am a complete zero in GK and can't afford leaving a major chunk of the exam blank.

Thanks in advance.

when to apply for xlri???After or before xat?? Is there seperate application fee for each xavier institute?

Hi,

please help me with previous question paper sets for XAT exam 2014

Thanks

hi everyone! does anybody have any idea as to how much a person's graduation academic records affect their chances of getting a call from xlri? Provided that the xat score is good enough.

Hi! I,m a working guy. and doing a preparation for CAT XAT. can anyone suggest me any good essay book for XAT

XAT is round the corner ...many people have questions whether coaching is needed or not .. Below there is one individual , Aditya Tiwari , who is a btech , in ECE from NIT suratkal who has cracked the exam without coaching and is now in XLRI BM . I hope you find this piece of information helpful.

do i have to apply for college accepting xat scores or will they call after results ?? and if no then please suggest what to do n how to apply for colleges and most importent when to..

can we apply for xlri associates after xat results or we should apply it once the registration for xat is over

Hi, Im a bTech grad working in an IT MNC. Im thinking of preparing for CAT,XAT and SNAP while continuing my job. But I am wondering should I sign up in any training institutes for the same... How impossible is it to crack MBA entrance without taking any coaching courses?

what should i prepare for general awareness section for xat
if anyone of you have links please post

my 10th percentage is 67% my inter percentage is 91.1 my BE is 69%

i am giving XAT exam i want to know whether i will be considered for selection process
also i want to know if i get good score and placed in xlri will my 10th percentage hamper campus recruitement