World MBA Tour Delhi

Hi guyz, I attended the World MBA Tour held at Hyatt Delhi. It was a big let down as the only colleges worth mentioning that participated are Rottman , , ISB , Nanyang and IIMA PGPX, especially for me as i had flown down from kolkata to attend t…

Hi guyz,
I attended the World MBA Tour held at Hyatt Delhi. It was a big let down as the only colleges worth mentioning that participated are Rottman , , ISB , Nanyang and IIMA PGPX, especially for me as i had flown down from kolkata to attend the fair. None of the Biggies from the States or Europe were there. And to make matters worse, the utter lack of management almost caused a stampede in the ballroom where the Bschool desks were put up. Half the participants had to attend the seminar standing and were even asked to make themselves comfortable on the floor ( i am not kidding ) !!
The highpoint of the day was me having a talk with Mr. PAGAL himself. Yup, i am talking about Allwin. Thanks dude for your word of advice. :cheerio:

I agree that MBA fair was not up to the mark. Number of participants was too large and there was little space. Also there was a bit of confusion about participating schools as the list published by QS Work MBA was misleading.

i third the sentiment. the event was a complete wash out. the only reason the trip to delhi wasnt such a waste for me was because i also had my rotman interview (before the fair), which went pretty well.

for qs to conduct such an event, charge for it and not even have basic facilities in place is very unprofessional. i would urge people travelling to mumbai to do a double take.

Well looks like MBA fair was a big letdown,
Now when i've taken a day off, i'll burn a hole in my pocket to attend it.
Even if i could have a worthwhile talk of 20 mins with Adcoms, i'll be more than Happy.
Rotman,Nanyang,BU are on my list

quick tips. my 2 cents worth.

1. ask relevant questions.
- dont bore the coll reps with ur profile and ask for an evaluation. it cannot happen. u only get 2 mins of face time. come to the point straight away.

2. ask intelligent qns
- i found ppl asking questions for which answers could have been easily found on the school website. this is clearly a display of unprofessionalism. if u want to meet a particular school, u should atleast know if they have an online program or not, what the first round deadlines are etc.

3. the gmat is not everything
- i found most of the qns to be: is my gmat good enough? what is the avg. gmat? very few ppl seemed to ask questions about the program, about professors, asking for justifications/info from the school reps on how well the school is positioned to help one meet ones objectives.

i would think ppl would invest the time in coming to the fair to get info which would be difficult to get otherwise. but junta seems to love to waste their own time and others time by asking pointless questions. hope the mumbai fair will be better in this respect.

I did attend the event in Delhi yesterday. It was a bit disappointing in the respect that there were not many reputed international business schools in attendance. Also, the event was not organized as well as it should have been. I guess for the people who had come to Delhi just for the fair must have been more disappointed with the quality the World MBA Tour.
I had a good talk with Sachin who was representing HKU regarding an Asian MBA and it's relevance in the present context as compared with a US or European MBA. Apart from that, i had a detailed conversation with the IIM A people. IIM A being in the fair was a pleasant surprise to me! It has led me to think about the IIM A PGPX program seriously.

@rocky - I hope you had a fabulous inteview with Rotman 😃

@rocky - I hope you had a fabulous inteview with Rotman :)

thanks connectansh. i think i did fairly well. my interview exp is detailed here: Rotman Musings - The Interview Rocky's Journey to an MBA