World Environment Day Tomm

TOMM 5TH JUNE IS WORLD ENVIRONMENT DAY PLS ATLEST FOR ONE DAY SAY NO TO PLASTIC BAGS,STYROFOAM,COLAS,in short everythin that is bad for the envi use carpool,public transport…cycles…walk etc REDUCE…REUSE…AND RECYCLE…USE BOTH SIDES…

TOMM 5TH JUNE IS WORLD ENVIRONMENT DAY
PLS ATLEST FOR ONE DAY SAY NO TO PLASTIC BAGS,STYROFOAM,COLAS,in short everythin that is bad for the envi
use carpool,public transport...cycles..walk etc
REDUCE...REUSE..AND RECYCLE....USE BOTH SIDES OF PAPER..EVEN WEN PRINTIN AND COPYIN etc
the motto for tomms world envi day is
WANTED OCEANS ..DEAD OR ALIVE?

TAKE A MOMENT AND THINK ABT THE ENVIRONMENT

Why for a day????This day is a sad reminder to us about the damage we have caused to this home in space.For the first time,hail laloo.I know this initiative of using mud glasses has been taken up previously.Hope it succeeds this time.It is high time this government starts taking up some initiatives on this issue.It is surprising no government has any manifesto on these issues.I think ppl shud be charged for using plastic.Only plastic that is recyclable shud be used.This is one front where we need to spread awareness.Most of the people are not aware of the repurcussions.It is heartbreaking to see educated people throw waste everywhere during the train journeys.Not only are they an eyesore,it takes so much effort to clean up the mess(this happens rarely though).Lets make sure that this day does not pass away with empty talk but some action is also taken.we can start off by creating awareness.It works ppl.
:drinking: to mother earth

there was this waterfall i went to once. it was a piss-off. there was junk lying all around. just trash. it was pathetic maaan. lets sometime go on a clean up trek , where we go on a trek, and clean up trash from places like this.

-sc

WELL making ouselves consious about the harm we are doing to the environment is a long process that is why i started with just one day as even one day can make a big difference. today we had world envi day celebrations at my work place ( an envi Ngo) and it was amazin to see about 1200-1500 kids there taking about how they can play a part in conserving the environment. it is wonderful to see such young kids aware of what they should and shouldnt do

yes i agree there should be an abs ban on plastic bags. but it is the people who demand them.i dont understand as what is the problem in carrying ur own bag or clearing up your own mess. afterall it was you only who was eatin somethin from it few mins back or it is you who is going to take the stuff home. and not just plastic there should be a ban on anyhting that is not reclyclable , biodrgradable or reusable

remember
REDUCE .. REUSE AND RECYCLE
and ofcourse PLANT MORE TREES
do your own part and soon you will see others joining in

and yes you can definately go on a clean up trak or trip plan it up with your friends...contact any envi or nature club in your city. they will be glad to accompany you. believe me they love it when youth approach them and make sure you tell the people around the damage they are causing.

Hai everybody,
Today is WORLD ENVIORNMENT DAY and its strange that there is not even a single post. Infact this thread is in sleeping mode from the last 4 years. Its ok but i have planted a sapling today itself and hope the same from you puys.

keep the enviornment green and clean.
Varnika.

Hello Puys..........

Wishing everybody a very Happy ....

WORLD ENVIRONMENT DAY

Not even a single puy remembers this day....:banghead::banghead:

Varnica

Am happy that atleast few bunch of puys r aware of the environmental damage v caused..!!

CHEERS TO U ALL...

HAPPY WORLD ENVIRONMENT DAY ...!!!!

Sorry for the realllyy late reply.. I celebrate Environment day in my own fashion..
Planting trees.. :)
Outside my house its the best garden in the whole of colony.. I'm proud of my father for preserving it..
I have stopped taking plastic bags from vendors, instead i re-use the one which are already there in my house..

In the end, happy belated environment day..