work EXperiences(daily stress-buster)

_This thread is not about posting your work-ex details but about sharing your daily work-related experiences.We usually come home exhausted from the office and we want something to destress/vomit our boss’ anger on someone else. _ *This thread…

This thread is not about posting your work-ex details but about sharing your daily work-related experiences.We usually come home exhausted from the office and we want something to destress/vomit our boss' anger on someone else.

This thread will allow you to share any of your trivial experiences at work and relieve you from constant headaches.I urge you to enjoy your work life.If all of us share our experiences we would all feel relieved......................

Say no to daily analgesic drugs.Don't be scared of handling work pressures.Face it,enjoy it.

Your boss :- :shocked::wow:

You :-:cheers:

I'm not aware if such a thread exists on PagalGuy but all work-ex guys need this.
We leave at 8am for work and prepare for a roller coaster ride..We have arguments,we have extended coffee times,we have minimized social networking sites' windows on our PC and we have a boss shouting at us....

A msg to him(in our very own way):- We don't care....Keep shouting....I would complete the work assigned,but don't shout pl..Chill.......................

Will share one of my experiences :-

I was with Telcon ltd. (Construction Equipment Manufacturer, Tata-Hitachi JV) at Jamshedpur. We had our accommodation in Engineers' Hall in Telco Colony nearby(1km.) from our Tata Motors Plant.During our training days a module was prepared by HR wherein we need to make ourselves conversant with heavy engg. and hydraulics of equipments on site.We( a team of two) were placed in field for Service training.We enjoyed our part at respective locations , learning many new things.All our appraisers rated us and after 2 months we were back to Jamshedpur. On the basis of scores we were supposed to get placements in departments of our choice. We tried our level best to impress our appraisers .

Finally the day came when we were supposed to have meeting with MD and results were to be declared. Now we had a giant notice board at our "GET Knowledge Center" and interviews were supposed to be held at MD's office 0.5 kms away from the center. Some of us prepared the "Fake List" with toppers being the most irregular and indolent students of our batch and others were ordered in ascending order of their sincereness(last was the most sincere student from BIT Mesra)

Havoc was created once we declared (internally) that list was displayed at Knowledge center.All sincere students were panicked because now they were going to be placed in worst of the deptt. Someone approached a middle level HR guy and by then the list disappeared.Our "Authentic list" came the same day with me placed at " 1st position " , my intvw. with MD was nice and I sailed through to get "Sales and Marketing". Six of us were placed in S&M; and got a discipline of their choice....................

The most sincere students were placed in Production,planning,design deptts...... Still giving CAT and have learnt to become insincere like some of us to crack it........

Nice story Hungry mind. . .

Well i am a fresher(3 months exp at TCS). . .Incident i am going to wite below happened last week. . .

Well After training was over i was happy to be in Bench and suddenly one day a call came for Interview(Within TCS there will be interview for selection of project). . .I went there and that was a support project which had shifts so i rejected it. . .But then that proj manager called me next day and said i am selected i was surprised. . Then he asked me along with one of my friends to come daily with no work of whatsover and to stay there for 9 hours then one Day(After 2 or 3 days ) He said we will have client interview. . .And after that a week passed and we didnt have any work. . .I was bored to death. . .My friend asked that pm one day leave but he said i cant give u and u will have Client Interview that day. . .But as expected we didnt have any such thing. . .And then at last (After 15 days) client interview was kept(But not for me) and he said both me and my friend werent selected to that project). . .Well then i dint even have any interview. . .All these happened because of that PMs ego. . .Worst thing was sitting 15 days each day 9 hrs without doing any work. . .Now i am back to bench. . .

Nice thread by HM....
Well I don't have any work ex as of now....in 4th yr of my college...but I am placed at Accenture and my job will probably start from July 2011....:)

I think I can share my college experiences with you guys...

Before the start of this semester I had a 1000 rs bet with one of my friends that I'll keep above 80% attendence (I am the proud holder of "lowest attendence" award since the very 1st sem) .

Well things were going fine until the start of Feb...since then I have hardly attended any class...and meanwhile I watched 8 seasons of "2 and a half men", 7 seasons of "Entourage" and some random documetaries on drugs and foods :).

These days I am busy playing Badminton 5-7 hours daily....got NMAT call but as of now haven't prepared for GD/PI's 😁

Nice story Hungry mind. . .

Well i am a fresher(3 months exp at TCS). . .Incident i am going to wite below happened last week. . .

Well After training was over i was happy to be in Bench and suddenly one day a call came for Interview(Within TCS there will be interview for selection of project). . .I went there and that was a support project which had shifts so i rejected it. . .But then that proj manager called me next day and said i am selected i was surprised. . Then he asked me along with one of my friends to come daily with no work of whatsover and to stay there for 9 hours then one Day(After 2 or 3 days ) He said we will have client interview. . .And after that a week passed and we didnt have any work. . .I was bored to death. . .My friend asked that pm one day leave but he said i cant give u and u will have Client Interview that day. . .But as expected we didnt have any such thing. . .And then at last (After 15 days) client interview was kept(But not for me) and he said both me and my friend werent selected to that project). . .Well then i dint even have any interview. . .All these happened because of that PMs ego. . .Worst thing was sitting 15 days each day 9 hrs without doing any work. . .Now i am back to bench. . .

Next level bosses are known for their ego dude.Probably he was checking ur tolerance limit.Such instances will keep coming,for now thank god you were saved from shifts

All bosses are --> HARI SADU
Nice thread by HM....
Well I don't have any work ex as of now....in 4th yr of my college...but I am placed at Accenture and my job will probably start from July 2011....:)

I think I can share my college experiences with you guys...

Before the start of this semester I had a 1000 rs bet with one of my friends that I'll keep above 80% attendence (I am the proud holder of "lowest attendence" award since the very 1st sem) .

Well things were going fine until the start of Feb...since then I have hardly attended any class...and meanwhile I watched 8 seasons of "2 and a half men", 7 seasons of "Entourage" and some random documetaries on drugs and foods :).

These days I am busy playing Badminton 5-7 hours daily....got NMAT call but as of now haven't prepared for GD/PI's :D

Yaar not specifically job pt. of view. My motive is de-stress yourself wherever ur before you begin doing smth (in leisure time in evening hrs. )constructive after a hectic day's schedule....

Chill out and share......Any amusing experience ,which makes you laugh leaps and bounds , happens quite often but we never bother to share... Let's make others laugh

I work for a Mid-Cap IT company in Pune. So there was this guy in my office,who hardly worked, played games all the while. So once his manager noticed him playing a game and immediately went and rebuked him. After a while i heard some strange voices , deep breathing and nasal burps. I immediately got up to see what was wrong and there this guy sat in the middle of his cubicle doing Yoga leaving me and everyone around flabbergasted. On inquiring , he said he was doing yoga to calm him down after his manager's rebuke.

rickysundrani Says
I work for a Mid-Cap IT company in Pune. So there was this guy in my office,who hardly worked, played games all the while. So once his manager noticed him playing a game and immediately went and rebuked him. After a while i heard some strange voices , deep breathing and nasal burps. I immediately got up to see what was wrong and there this guy sat in the middle of his cubicle doing Yoga leaving me and everyone around flabbergasted. On inquiring , he said he was doing yoga to calm him down after his manager's rebuke.

nice one.......

Baba Ramdev in office?:shocked:

Probably he must be doing Pranayam
Anuloman - Viloman Pranayam

rickysundrani Says

Oh my god. . .I could hardly kep myself from laughing after reading this story. . .Nice one dude :D:D:D:D:D:D

Friends,
Are you done with all incidents?? I'm sure we see so many incidents happening before us at work place but we ignore it because ...... anyways let me share a engg.' hall experience (my accommodation during job)
We usually take an elongated break and come to rooms after lunch in the mess , we reach back our training center only after we sleep for half an hour.So half hour break becomes one hour break.One day we were supposed to reach on time after lunch because we had an important training module scheduled then. We compromised on our sleeping hours and reached on time.The module started as per schedule and the guest trainer arrived. He had a very slow and polite voice and so made us feel drowsy. Meanwhile the presentation supposed to last for 15 mins. started and we turned off lights. G.E.T of our batch named " Palak Kamdar " and few others went fast asleep with heads down. The presentation was going well and after 10 mins. or so there was a power cut.Some of us were still sleeping before power came but Palak was in sweet dreams. Trainer switched on all the lights so that we know when power has arrived. Few minutes later power arrived and to his surprise he saw few of us sleeping!!!
Most of us started laughing as few of us were caught sleeping red handed!!!!

Finally a place to vent it all out !

My boss has a habit of editing most of my presentations and replacing the text with lousy English. In the end, it looks bad on me because everybody knows I made the presentation !

Mine's even better 😃 conducts looooooooooooong meetings every once in two days.. Talks for 2 hrs straight then gets the pjt status from my tech leads!!! It bores to just sit down and do nothing

Have to work 12 hours everyday. 2 hours of travelling time is equally tiring as a result.. My MBA dream remains a dream for the last few years

@ fellow puys.. . . I just pray your Boss is not viewing this thread and does not know your username....lolz...

omiey07 Says
@ fellow puys.. . . I just pray your Boss is not viewing this thread and does not know your username....lolz...

Then I should probably say something nice about him too :-P
He doesn't hesitate in giving leave though. 😃
Then I should probably say something nice about him too :-P
He doesn't hesitate in giving leave though. :-)

omiey07 Says

Hey v all r professionally hired for our capabilities...Why worry for an eavesdrop from our boss-even if he comes to know let him do :lookround:

As far as we all do our assignments efficiently there is no point of fear...Most of the Bosses are critics , they want to offload pressure on to their juniors by any means... They feel so jealous of us that if we feel calm and relaxed they would say we never were so irresponsible during our days.....

To Bosses --- Alas! we can understand your frustrations!!!

Bindaas boys and gals vent out your anger , we are professionals and we believe in our quality of work delivered and not in obsequiousness.

I am on the verge of leaving my job anyway ! Ah, I'll be a happy girl when that happens !

I only feel happy that after I finish my MBA, there is a chance of me being in a higher position than him. I cannot wait to torture him.

I am on the verge of leaving my job anyway ! Ah, I'll be a happy girl when that happens !

I only feel happy that after I finish my MBA, there is a chance of me being in a higher position than him. I cannot wait to torture him.

Well our thoughts meet a lot on this front....

good thread!!!