work-ex

i have a few doubts with regard to work-ex. i am right now pursuing my engineering(third year). i plan to do an mba from abroad. for gaining work-ex, what sort of a job should i take up? do b-schools ask for work-ex as a manager/management trai…

i have a few doubts with regard to work-ex.
i am right now pursuing my engineering(third year). i plan to do an mba from abroad. for gaining work-ex, what sort of a job should i take up? do b-schools ask for work-ex as a manager/management trainee, or will any other profile do?
moreover, should my job be an extension of what i am studying right now. for eg, i am currently doing my electrical and electronics engg. will it be fine if i take up a software job and then apply for an mba abroad, or is it essential that my job be a core electrical or electronics tech job?

i have a few doubts with regard to work-ex.
i am right now pursuing my engineering(third year). i plan to do an mba from abroad. for gaining work-ex, what sort of a job should i take up? do b-schools ask for work-ex as a manager/management trainee, or will any other profile do?
moreover, should my job be an extension of what i am studying right now. for eg, i am currently doing my electrical and electronics engg. will it be fine if i take up a software job and then apply for an mba abroad, or is it essential that my job be a core electrical or electronics tech job?

b schools do not specify what kind of work experience they "want". any work anywhere counts, as long as you can prove how it contributes to your goals and learning. most often, it is the responsibilities at work that count as much, if not more, than where u work and what sector u work in. while management work experience isn`t asked for explicitly, it is definitely advantageous to have some management experience. try getting into that kind of jobs if u can. your projected "management potential" is what should come out of your work experience.

it isnt exactly necessary to work in your field of specialization, but u better have some smart explanation as to why you chose to switch careers. while working in software is just fine, the disadvantage would be that u`ll be another one of those thousands of applicants from the indian IT industry...and that is a disadvantage unless you have something to differentiate yourself from the rest.

thanks for clarifying my doubts.