Wlc

Hi All, I need your expert comments on a certain college in Bangalore named WLC. It stands for Wigan Leigh College. They offer course which is 8-11 college and 12-7 work(internship apparently) My questions are: 1. Are such courses wor…

Hi All,
I need your expert comments on a certain college in Bangalore named WLC. It stands for Wigan Leigh College. They offer course which is 8-11 college and 12-7 work(internship apparently)

My questions are:

1. Are such courses worth it? Cos' they say this mix makes students corporate ready.

2. How is this course offered by this particular college anyway ? Is it worth investing my time and money ?

Please do help me.. I need to decide on this place ASAP.

Thanks for your help in advance,
Scream

WLC has tie-up with different companies and so they have internship offers with these companies. Generally most of the openings are marketing, HR.Finance opening are poor. If you want to work while studying this is a good option. This is not an AICTE or UGC approved college but talks are on with IGNOU for its approval.

Thanks Sharmistha,
But how useful is this PGDM they offer? Is the work-ex relavant? How are the placements/prospect of jobs post-completion ?

Cheers
Scream

Scream,

Like i told you placements are not 100% guaranteed like these people claim. You do get good placements for fields like Marketing,HR,Hospital Management. But other fields like Finance and IT are poor. The PGDM course they offer is like any other college.

Hey thanks a lot for that. My friend plans to do a PGDM in HR and doesnt seem to have a great aggree below 60 in engg. The intention is to improve the profile by adding an extra education.
Based on that - what is your opinion?

I meant to ask how are the job opportunities after the course - in case I look for a job by myself.

I would not have much idea about that given the current market situation. But if you get into an internship through college, the companies usually take you in for final placements as by the end of the course you would have worked with them for quite some time.

hello,
i need some advice in Bsc in Visual comm from WLC,
Is it worth doing from WLC?
Is it worth paying 4 Lakhs of rupees to them ??
please advice me please

lovesharmistha Says
I would not have much idea about that given the current market situation. But if you get into an internship through college, the companies usually take you in for final placements as by the end of the course you would have worked with them for quite some time.

plz tell me how is dis college??? with 1 yr of mba course offered by dis college is it equivalent to the 2 yr mba course provided by other institutes!!:shocked: