wish list of an aspiring manager

What is the most important thing manager wish he had known before he joined any organization? Most frequently points pondered are: 1. *I wish Id known what company is really like. * Many of managers got most of their information (really m…

What is the most important thing manager wish he had known before he joined any organization? Most frequently points pondered are:
  1. I wish Id known what company is really like.
Many of managers got most of their information (really misinformation) about what company was supposed to be like from the media and they believed it until reality struck.
  1. I wish Id known more about myself.
These managers had very little idea of who they were or would like to be when they were not trying to please the management around them.
  1. I wish I hadnt been in such a hurry so I couldve taken the time I needed.
These managers feel pressure to join in a hurry without giving second thought.
  1. I wish I knew just how much organizational patterns could influence me.
These managers were so surprised by how difficult it was to blend their own ideas with their company ideas of what job profile was supposed to be like.
  1. I wish Id known that bad behaviour can get worse.
This very common response comes from managers who make excuses for their bosss behaviour before joining. They were surprised that they werent able to change it.
  1. I wish Id paid a whole lot more attention to job.
Some managers surprised themselves by how capably they managed job once they were forced to do so. Others realized how they have given away their power by not taking joint responsibility for the team jobs.
  1. I wish Id known what it really takes to make me work.
Many of these managers shared the challenges they had met in the lessons theyve learned along the way to help them eventually make them work.

Any comments?