WikiLeaks & Beyond

I was going through Pagalguy searching for Wikileaks and what our special puys feel about the changing diplomatic environments, with every secret opening up, :shock: Wikileaks has created a massive embarrassment for the governments all ove…

I was going through Pagalguy searching for Wikileaks and what our special puys feel about the changing diplomatic environments, with every secret opening up, :shock:

Wikileaks has created a massive embarrassment for the governments all over the world, now its plan is to open the secrets of MNCs worldwide,

First in list for corporate leaks is a major financial district banking powerhouse,

What wikileaks is doing, is it for greater good and desirable?

For the past many decades we have talked of laissez faire, is this some kind of laissez faire leadership to common people through providing the many faces of diplomacy in global relations?

It is eminent Julian Assange has toppled governments worldwide, now how does he do that? How is it ever possible to source the CIA Top classifieds documents?

Should information of major government policies & Corporates be brought to global public domain?

Why a separate thread for Wikileaks?

I believe this can be discussed on GK thread. By the way nice post White snow...this should be discussed :)

Anyone agrees with me??

@mods Please take appropriate action. Thanks.

EDIT- Please don't post more yes there should be a separate thread or there should not be. Mods will take care of it. They will do whats the best.

Regards.

I think WikiLeaks is a very hot topic and very few people know what exactly it is.
So, discussing about this in a dedicated thread will attract readers who are interested in this.
I vote for keeping this thread.

I think wikileaks does deserve a separate thread. To share ideas on fair play of corporates and governments.

Truly Wikileaks is hot topic right now and is only going to get bigger from here...I too feel that it would be gr8 if we can have separate thread for this.

Back to Wikileaks, one thing that I saw on the news today is that the big US bank Wikileaks is threatening is, in all probability Bank of America :wow:

For more info. on wikileaks :
WikiLeaks.org | Economist - World News, Politics, Economics, Business & Finance

sagarpattnaik4u Says
Follow all the money associated with wikileaks and you will find a very conspicuous name attached to it GEORGE SOROS,There are rumours that most of wikileaks' funding can be traced to Soros,the 80 year old billionaire who paid a lot of money to stop BUSH from being re-elected.

Do you have any credible source for this?
In any case it has been refuted here already George Soros Open Society Institute CIA Inquiry on Wikileaks

This is a much needed thread. :cheerio:

Wikileaks.org is down but the site is accessible from the IP address WikiLeaks

Truth must come out. No matter what happens.

this thread should stay

wikileaks is hot nowdays
changing the dimensions of world
site is hung up

but u can download the documents in a torrent file

in case anyone wants the link
p.m. me

WikiLeaks Documents can be downloaded from:

http://file.wikileaks.org/torrent/cablegate/cablegate-201012031001.7z.torrent

WikiLeaks cables reveal how US manipulated climate accord Environment The Guardian

WikiLeaks cables reveal how US manipulated climate accord
Embassy dispatches show America used spying, threats and promises of aid to get support for Copenhagen accord

Getting as many countries as possible to associate themselves with the accord strongly served US interests, by boosting the likelihood it would be officially adopted. A diplomatic offensive was launched. Diplomatic cables flew thick and fast between the end of Copenhagen in December 2009 and late February 2010, when the leaked cables end.

Some countries needed little persuading. The accord promised $30bn (19bn) in aid for the poorest nations hit by global warming they had not caused. Within two weeks of Copenhagen, the Maldives foreign minister, Ahmed Shaheed, wrote to the US secretary of state, Hillary Clinton, expressing eagerness to back it.

US determination to seek allies against its most powerful adversaries the rising economic giants of Brazil, South Africa, India, China (Basic) is set out in another cable from Brussels on 17 February reporting a meeting between the deputy national security adviser, Michael Froman, Hedegaard and other EU officials.

The cables obtained by WikiLeaks finish at the end of February 2010. Today, 116 countries have associated themselves with the accord. Another 26 say they intend to associate. That total, of 140, is at the upper end of a 100-150 country target revealed by Pershing in his meeting with Hedegaard on 11 February.

The 140 nations represent almost 75% of the 193 countries that are parties to the UN climate change convention and, accord supporters like to point out, are responsible for well over 80% of current global greenhouse gas emissions.

Personally i was unaware that the greatest promoter of free market-free press-liberal country is so corrupt and deep neck in cheating through multiple standards.

Bad News: Julian Assange Arrested.

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange arrested - U.S. news - WikiLeaks in Security - msnbc.com

Julian Assange is arrested........but d main ppl behind these leaks r on the inside(Secret)....It might put a hold for a while...but i m sure Wiki leaks will be back wid more of their leaks.....

The people have d right to know,what their govt is doing.....

Waiting for d day when wikileaks opens up a branch in INDIA..........
And leaks away all d corruption that is going on.....

sagarpattnaik4u Says
Arrest of Jullian Assange ,attacks on the site and denial of webspace to wikileaks by servers signifies the end of internet democracy

But i must say ...Julian Assange has instigated something new that no one has done before.....By this effort d ppl in any organization who feel tht there is something going wrong in their organization..can leak d relative data to d site...and it can publish it....(if done clandestinely)... d ppl are afraid of their identity being revealed(if this is taken care then who gives a ****) ....

julian assange is a vanguard of freedom and democarcy
he is robinhood
unfortunately he can be nailed down by the american government for laws like threat to security and vigilating defence documents

but his work has created more than ripples

hope he sails through

I think radia tapes (though only 140) involving journalists, ministers and corporates is more pertinent to we Indians than Wikileaks, in which at best can help us understand ( or rather confirm) US double speak on terror.

Let me sum up the whole issue and give relevant links.

Radia tapes involve High profile journalists like Barkha Dutt of NDTV, Vir Sanghvi of HT, allegedly acting as messengers to congress while cabinet formation in 2009 to push for A Raja for Telecom ministry( in the interest of Top Corporates like TATA), who now is the main accused in 2G scam.

While both the journalists have given their own version on the interpretation of tapes and decided not to apologize, many in media have remained unconvinced.
As per Home secretary G K Pillai, these 140 tapes ( which can be accessed here) barely scratch the surface of much bigger scam.]

While OUTLOOK and OPEN MAGAZINE were the first mainstream Indian media to cover it, WALL STREET JOURNAL brought international attention.
There are facebook and twitter pages protesting blackout of the news by mainstream media like CNN-IBN, TIMES NOW and print media like TOI, HT etc.

Buckling under pressure of social media, finally news channels started picking up the story( first channel to do it was CNN IBN).

Later Headlined today had a Vir sanghvi giving his version on the matter.

Later Editors Guild at Press Club of India held a meeting and was divided on the matter and decided to put it to vote.

Both the pages on Twitter and Facebook carry links to numerous articles published in the aftermath on the whole matter and interested ones can read them.

While wikileaks is on of its kind and biggest of the decade, radia tapes, which are peanuts compared to leaked cables, are more damning for Indians and give a glimps of the kind of media-coroprate-babu-political nexus exists in our contry and the kind of banana republic we live in. For we the "wanna be manages" it is even more relevant as, one day or the other, targets to be achieved certainly will blind us from truth and you never know! We may end up standing on the other side(as accused)!!!

Even though Assange has been arrested, the leaks will continue...thats from the 5-member Wikleaks team :D....way to go !

WikiLeaks cables: Pfizer used dirty tricks to avoid clinical trial payout Business The Guardian

Here comes the MNC shocker, the world's largest drug manufacturer Pfizer violated human rights & initiated corruption to experiment on Antibiotic Trovan in Nigeria during meningitis epidemic of unprecedented scale in Kano in the north of in 1996.

The cable reports a meeting between Pfizer's country manager, Enrico Liggeri, and US officials at the Abuja embassy on 9 April 2009. It states: "According to Liggeri, Pfizer had hired investigators to uncover corruption links to federal attorney general Michael Aondoakaa to expose him and put pressure on him to drop the federal cases. He said Pfizer's investigators were passing this information to local media."

With this report, we get to know the evil side of MNC, well i hope this is just a beginning, a lot to follow.

As mario Puzo said, "behind every great fortune there is a crime"

In earnest support of WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange:

Petition