Why Should I attain the IIM interview

Got the calll was very excited … A call from IIM Lucknow … for a first timer and after a gap of 3 year of completing my grad… was really elated … Now started preparing in full form, But some where I felt I was not a IIM material … Becau…

Got the calll was very excited ... A call from IIM Lucknow ... for a first timer and after a gap of 3 year of completing my grad... was really elated .... Now started preparing in full form, But some where I felt I was not a IIM material ... Because neither I am a gud looking girl nor I m proficient in English ... then few more rejection in personal front ... Its really a curse to born as not a good looking girl , Those parents who once were playing with my preparation nd were pressurizing me to meet a guy .. just before few days of CAT , IIFT ,jst becoz the boy/s family cnt wait till things are over, now suddenly have becom very hopeful that their daughter will get an MBA from a IIM or IIT college.
Now I am done with three interviews or shall I call those night mares... Not just becoz the kind of questions asked but the way I had presented myself... I cldnot stand out in any of those ... Dinot show any gleams of confidence ,,,, I was there as if waiting the interviewers to stop interviewing me. Mean while I felt I have lost it ....
Now two more interviews to go and the Big one is yet to happen IIM Luck ... I know Its not the interview where A lucky one will get through .. U need to give a performance of life time to get inside the 4th best college.. I feel the undying urge to have a new life and I feel I deserve to be there ... But I am my biggest enemy ... I am not able to answer properly ...confidently ... meanwhile while giving the interview I feel I am not the one they are looking for... as if they have decided when I enter with my tiny stature ,,, not so high percentile .. low acads and an eye who has lost all the hope ... when I dont see the spark in me ... wat do I expect the interview to be like ... I have manged to win the war but somewhere I have mentally lost the battle which I have been focusing on from last one year

I dont know why I went on sharing personal events of my life .. may be because from last one year I have been following this community ..have come across such stories where community leaders have done some magic that has turned many people with lost hope to put up great performances.Waiting for something like that .. because I Want to be in IIMLucknow ...

hey congrats sosaho!!!!....can you come up with your strategy that had helped you to secure an iim l call!!!...actually am preparing on my own so thought of asking u...and kindly tell me which workshops to attend if i want to in the lst phase??

congrats sosaho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey...whoever u r...I really don't now why are u at all bothered about ur looks...there are many people out there who might be facing immense personal problems...so don't lose heart!! just believe in urself...u can surely go n nail it! never be bothered what ur parents/society/whoever thinks of u...have faith in urself...and erase all negative thoughts....bcas as the saying goes "sach aur sahas hain jiske man mein...ant mein jeet usiki rahein.." all the best!!

Got the calll was very excited ... A call from IIM Lucknow ... for a first timer and after a gap of 3 year of completing my grad... was really elated .... Now started preparing in full form, But some where I felt I was not a IIM material ... Because neither I am a gud looking girl nor I m proficient in English ... then few more rejection in personal front ... Its really a curse to born as not a good looking girl , Those parents who once were playing with my preparation nd were pressurizing me to meet a guy .. just before few days of CAT , IIFT ,jst becoz the boy/s family cnt wait till things are over, now suddenly have becom very hopeful that their daughter will get an MBA from a IIM or IIT college.
Now I am done with three interviews or shall I call those night mares... Not just becoz the kind of questions asked but the way I had presented myself... I cldnot stand out in any of those ... Dinot show any gleams of confidence ,,,, I was there as if waiting the interviewers to stop interviewing me. Mean while I felt I have lost it ....
Now two more interviews to go and the Big one is yet to happen IIM Luck ... I know Its not the interview where A lucky one will get through .. U need to give a performance of life time to get inside the 4th best college.. I feel the undying urge to have a new life and I feel I deserve to be there ... But I am my biggest enemy ... I am not able to answer properly ...confidently ... meanwhile while giving the interview I feel I am not the one they are looking for... as if they have decided when I enter with my tiny stature ,,, not so high percentile .. low acads and an eye who has lost all the hope ... when I dont see the spark in me ... wat do I expect the interview to be like ... I have manged to win the war but somewhere I have mentally lost the battle which I have been focusing on from last one year

I dont know why I went on sharing personal events of my life .. may be because from last one year I have been following this community ..have come across such stories where community leaders have done some magic that has turned many people with lost hope to put up great performances.Waiting for something like that .. because I Want to be in IIMLucknow ...

@sosaho
can u plz come up with strategy which had helped you to crack cat as am a cat 2012 aspirant preparing on my own...and kindly tell me which inst. workshops to attend in the last phase !!!???

cumon. it is sheer lack of sportsman spirit.

start playing some individual game like TT or carrom.

U won't die if u do not get thru. take life as it comes.
be happy. best of luck.

The sheer fact that you have been able to defy odds at marriage shows your fighting spirit.
Never let anything in this world bother you for what you are....BE PROUD OF YOURSLEF...That is the least you can do.Dont brees that under confidence over your looks or personality. You have beaten lacs of toiling kids with your brains...and at the end that's what matters.Ryt?..You end up in IIM-L and the world would only talk about your success...Thats how life is...Thats how ppl are...Its only the rising sun that's welcomed and worshipped
I agree it might be easier for a sub section ( say good looking girls ) to have acceptance/ encouragement in society, but beating the stereotype and succeeding is all the more fun. So go for that fun. Go for that spirit of achievement.
Nothing succeeds like success and even better when it comes by beating this world and showing them what you are made of.
We all go through ups and downs at personal front. This is just the start. They would be difficult to forget, but you got to keep moving.
Take this as an opportunity and seize it, grab it with both hands..Not many people get this opportunity. When you have got it, praise the lord for his kindness and give it your best shot. Cuz if you do not, you would always always regret that you messed it on your own.
You have already won the war. The battle is just with your own mind. Keep reminding yourself of your awesomeness....You'll do great...
All I can say in the end is that "DONT LOOK FOR SUCCESS STORIES TO INSPIRE YOU, CREATE ONE TO INSPIRE OTHERS"
Have a great interview...All the best..Cheers !!

its a silly suggestion but why dont u try going to a coaching institute and ask them to prepare u for the interview, if u tell them u have an IIM call then every institute will be ready to help u (career launcher will for sure)
and u dnt need to look like a beauty queen to do well in an interview , looks dont matter . u need to be well informed and have a gud knowledge.
if u keep thinking about past and what u lack , how do u expect to do wel in life, as its not gonna help u at all.

getting an IIM interview itself makes u a winner. u have already won the battle ..its just u need to try a lil more harder to get in.
and u can even apply to some other clgs, yes for most of them the dates are over but of a few window might be open.

dont lose hope cause that will just make the matters worse.
gud luck 😃

I am updated with the current happenings .. somehow ... In all the interviews they went on asking on technical side which I was not confident of ....Yeah I had gone for Times coaching .... Any ways I have jjust one week left for my last interview .... so I can not try CL

All the best for IIM L interview...give your best and the rest will follow....One doesn't get a chance to get into an IIM everyday....Use this opportunity to the fullest...even bolloywood actresses don't look gud...they use makeup and all......it all matters who you are as a person and how you behave with others....You should attend the IIM interview because you believe that you are better than other aspirants....don't prove yourself wrong...:-)

P.S. enough of gyaan i guess.....best of luck again

I dont want to hurt anyone. But how can a IIM call getter make a mistake of writting ' attain' and not 'attend'.

The subject of the thread is ' Why Should I attain the IIM interview '.

Please not: I am not a IIM call getter and cant be one also as i hv decided to take admission this yr only.

Anyways best of luck to Shasho.

Also request the moderators to close this thread and move it to the personal dilemma related thread.

I dont want to hurt anyone. But how can a IIM call getter make a mistake of writting ' attain' and not 'attend'.

Please not: I am not a IIM call getter and cant be one also as i hv decided to take admission this yr only.

Also request the moderators to close this thread and move it to the personal dilemma related thread.

your errors marked in () neglecting typos
I don(')t want to hurt anyone('s feeling). But how can a(n) IIM call getter make a mistake of writting ' attain' and not 'attend'.

Please not(e): I am not a(n) IIM call getter and can(')t be one also as i hv decided to take admission this yr only.

P.s--- jb aap angrezi sikha hi rhe ho toh khud b achhi likho bhai 😃

your problem is not how you look or how you speak but how you think.

Just turn around what you just said and say the diamatetric opposite and you are through. Let me know how it goes 😃

A few days back I was playing TT with a guy who looked very perfect to me and defeating him seemed impossible. Result: I lost 2 games out of 3.
Today I decided to attack rather being intimidated by his skills. I don't know what happened, my each and every drive and block was spot on. Result, I won 4 out of 5.
It's about your mindset. Rest, most of times, fall in place.
All the best for your helL call. Give it your best to convert it.

PS: Your determined and confident eyes express more about you rather your face and complexion.