why JBIMS.....

:: :: apart from JB being the best B-school in mumbai…there are numerous other reasons…ask me if u wanna know more :: ::

apart from JB being the best B-school in mumbai......there are numerous other reasons.....ask me if u wanna know more
Kiran_JBIMS Says
apart from JB being the best B-school in mumbai......there are numerous other reasons.....ask me if u wanna know more

If you want a frank opinion, JB scores only on the fees factor, otherwise SPJIMR is the best, especially for non-Maharashtrians. It has no reservations, all seats are open, excellent placements, etc. In case of JB, there are very few seats for non- Mah. candidates, I don't think they even touch double digits.

yes there are seats reserved in JBIMS ....but it has never been a hindrance in always getting a higher average salary than SP..........at least seats here are not sold.....and the limted seats of 120 compared to the other colleges definitely makes it a better B.SCHOOL.........only 120 from the 50000 that appear for the test make it here.
the best alumni network in the country (something even the IIM's envy) helps in strengthening it further.
the summer placements this yr, only says....JBIMS is the best in the state. We do not branches in dubai or singapore.....cause we dont need any.

yes there are seats reserved in JBIMS ....but it has never been a hindrance in always getting a higher average salary than SP..........at least seats here are not sold.....and the limted seats of 120 compared to the other colleges definitely makes it a better B.SCHOOL.........only 120 from the 50000 that appear for the test make it here.
the best alumni network in the country (something even the IIM's envy) helps in strengthening it further.
the summer placements this yr, only says....JBIMS is the best in the state. We do not branches in dubai or singapore.....cause we dont need any.

Hmmmm..... Miss Kiran, ya indirectly dropping the hint that seats are sold at SPJIMR! Interesting. Let's just wait and hear the response of the SPJIMR guys to your views.

dude.....its MR.Kiran.........and i do not imply that SP sells seats...... just that many colleges do.......i am just sayin.....there is no comparison with JBIMS in mumbai at least.

Kiran_JBIMS Says
dude.....its MR.Kiran.........and i do not imply that SP sells seats...... just that many colleges do.......i am just sayin.....there is no comparison with JBIMS in mumbai at least.

Yeah dude , be a little diplomatic in this forum. JB is an excellent b-school. but focus on your strengths, dont go vis-a-vis'ing with SP Jain and dont 'imply' speculations against a school with a pedigree; it just makes matters worse for U.

So Chill

I think few thinks in JB speaks 4 itself.....
the alumni that has proved itself in the long run....
u name the industry and u have a JB alum in that industry and at a esteemed position....
another thing is the kind of profile that JB students get is equivalent to IIMs...
so JB rocks

LOL.. Kiran, do you want to tell why should people join JB.. or why should people not join other colleges? It's a pity that fFrom your posts, it seems you are focussing on the latter part.

And, yes if you really want to put your point across, tell people about the courses, the faculty, the infrastrcuture, industry interaction, batch profiles and not just about the placement reports ('coz nobody trusts them in my opinion)

- Manpreet

Such a shame that some1 belonging to that 1 B School that I always dreamt of shld start such a thread...

And its even more surprising that the Mods have allowed this to go on...Most prbbly thats coz due to CAT, even theymust b finding it dffclt to come online all that often...

Yes, JB is great...Yes, argubly the best in Bombay and all that...

But v surely dont need this thread, or atlst not at the cost of it bashing other equally reputed B Schools...

Such a shame that some1 belonging to that 1 B School that I always dreamt of shld start such a thread...

And its even more surprising that the Mods have allowed this to go on...Most prbbly thats coz due to CAT, even theymust b finding it dffclt to come online all that often...

Yes, JB is great...Yes, argubly the best in Bombay and all that...

But v surely dont need this thread, or atlst not at the cost of it bashing other equally reputed B Schools...

Agreement without reservations.
No point in insti comparisions, all this should begin only when u have 3-4 good ones in hand. Thread serves no purpose, MODs do the proceedings
I think few thinks in JB speaks 4 itself.....
the alumni that has proved itself in the long run....
u name the industry and u have a JB alum in that industry and at a esteemed position....
another thing is the kind of profile that JB students get is equivalent to IIMs...
so JB rocks

i dn't think an inst. like JB need such a marketing. and that too at the expense of other colleges. no doubt JB is a good B-School. But you don't have to pull others down for it.

Cheers

ok...lets get one thing straight.... if u see my first post u will see that i did not start this thread.....to show that other b-schools are not good..... i started this thread only for those people who wanted to know more about JB.....i believe JB is the best in the state...and when someone says that its not, without any reasons...i had to do what i did.....any ways let me clearly state......every B-school has its own identity and i do not challenge anyone on that.....i just want to be of help to those people who might want to know more about JB.

Kiran_JBIMS Says
ok...lets get one thing straight.... if u see my first post u will see that i did not start this thread.....to show that other b-schools are not good..... i started this thread only for those people who wanted to know more about JB.....i believe JB is the best in the state...and when someone says that its not, without any reasons...i had to do what i did.....any ways let me clearly state......every B-school has its own identity and i do not challenge anyone on that.....i just want to be of help to those people who might want to know more about JB.

Dude, good B-schools never advertise their presence! It goes against their reputation. Every smart jackass in India knows the value of JBIMS in the market, so what was the need to start this thread in the first place, & let others throw muck on you? And to say this school or that is best in a city again starts a game of upmanship, what do you aim to get out of all this?

ok....now.....what did i say that hurt u so much???? not everyone knows everything about every college....i have quite a few private messages asking me various details about JB....so that proves i am not wrong.......i am sure u have your issues....but dude.. i am just tryin to help some people who would like to know a little more about the college thats all.....what am i to gain??? NOTHING......seriously man.....i thought my last post made it all clear....maybe my english was not all that clear....so let me try agin "MEIN JHAGADA NAHIN KARNA CHAHTA.....KUCCH LOGON KI MADAD KARNE KI KOSHISH KAR RAHA HOON.....TOH BHAI SCORPIO.....MUJHE BAKSH DO"

ok....now.....what did i say that hurt u so much???? not everyone knows everything about every college....i have quite a few private messages asking me various details about JB....so that proves i am not wrong.......i am sure u have your issues....but dude.. i am just tryin to help some people who would like to know a little more about the college thats all.....what am i to gain???

ALOHA!!

Hi Kiran,

Mate I completely agree with ur point here...students of B-schools understand and appreciate the need to churn out info on online forums (makes explicit why we all are here) where there can be many who would wanna "know more":) . And you my friend, are doing the right thing by taking the initiative to do so. And I am sure there are many who would wanna know more bout JBIMS, coz it does not use a media vehicle vociferously as is the trend today...

But then this is the moment which speaks for itself "Welcome to the world of information sharing on the Internet". Management is a lot bout managing resources, and ur comfortability level would be better when u r actually wrkin wid resources in the real world. When u r dealing with resources which are "Virtual" in nature...things might get a lil complicated. Thats precisely an art that experience with such forums will teach u....take this as a learning experience from the current thread...saying anything without justification only makes matters complicated for u...I am sure before stating a conclusion, if u can give a justification...no T, D or H can actually question ur remark..(they can debate!!:) but again only with their side of justification).

Carry on with ur work, neglect comparisons without justification and do ur bit of educating people bout JBIMS...thats what will add value to the thread...just see that this thread "adds value" and creates it consistently for PG members...I am sure when u r adding value..very few would want u to stop doing that...Cheers and all the best buddy..

Keep posting

Regards

PUMBA..India's finest Autonomous University B-School

Get some sense in what you say and support it with facts and figures. Else, dont take the reputation of any bskool for a toss on India's MBA discussion forum. :huh: