Why belittle aspirations

When we talk about going abroad for MBA… For instance I aspire Wharton Business School, the first reaction people give is " Are you serious ? " , " Dude, its so expensive! " , " Can we make it there? " " Its impossible " is the most heard…

When we talk about going abroad for MBA..

For instance I aspire Wharton Business School, the first reaction people give is " Are you serious ? " , " Dude, its so expensive! " , " Can we make it there? "
" Its impossible " is the most heard..
Why do people think it as impossible and laugh it out ?
Explain your reasons so as to why we cannot make it..

For instance I aspire Wharton Business School, the first reaction people give is " Are you serious ? " , " Dude, its so expensive! " , " Can we make it there? "

Excellent thread and excellent initiative must say !!

I am working with PNB as an Officer and I aspire to complete my MBA from some of the Best Bschools after a couple of years of Work ex and I still hear the same thing from my friends , R u mad ? R u serious about ur life ? Do U realise what U r talking about ??? ...

I cud narrow it to the following reasons :

1. To start afresh the habit of going thru text books after leaving them and again going to college for a rigors educational curriculum.

2. Competition is huge and it is difficult to compete along with Foreign aspirants.

3. Profile building ( Which is a real issue for most of us )

4. Financing the educational Expenses.

5. Going for higher studies and loosing our Job and regula source of Income for a year and more....

I think we must try to find out a solution to the above problems one by one and try to remain motivated and focused to chase our dream....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are a dreamers , we aren't insane...

Whenever you have a big dream, there will always be people who will project their own disbelief+failings+confidence on you. Mostly they are not doubting you, but expressing their own personal doubts about themselves in the form of discouragement.

Just ignore them and do what you have to do. The energy you spend on dissecting negative voices of others could be better used in doing what you have to do to get closer to your Wharton dream, IMHO.

If such voices bother you, you should ask yourself if you are emotionally ready to dream a big dream when all it takes to trash it is someone else's comments.
Whenever you have a big dream, there will always be people who will project their own disbelief+failings+confidence on you. Mostly they are not doubting you, but expressing their own personal doubts about themselves in the form of discouragement.

Just ignore them and do what you have to do. The energy you spend on dissecting negative voices of others could be better used in doing what you have to do to get closer to your Wharton dream, IMHO.

If such voices bother you, you should ask yourself if you are emotionally ready to dream a big dream when all it takes to trash it is someone else's comments.

I second that and wud like to add more....

We must take this as a challenge and show them that we can achieve our dream if we have the determination , focus and will power to chase it - However difficult it may be...

I think we can utilize this thread effectively for motivation and chasing our dream and showing others that Yes we can !!!

May be this will help u.

Beliefs are a powerful mechanism by which our subconscious mind gets programmed. Whatever our beliefs, our mind strives to prove to us that it is true. We get back what we believe about the world, as the universe has no choice but to offer situations that match our beliefs. Whether you believe you can, or you believe you cannot, you are right in both cases. Thus the best way to create better experiences is to take away all limiting beliefs that we have formed about ourselves and replace them by positive, empowering beliefs.

Elephants in captivity are trained from an early age not to roam around beyond a restricted area. One leg of a baby elephant is tied with a rope to a wooden post planted in the ground. The rope confines the baby elephant to an area determined by the length of the rope. Initially the baby elephant tries to break free from the rope, but the rope is too strong. The baby elephant "learns" that it can't break the rope. When the elephant grows up into an adult, it is very strong and can easily break the same rope. However since it learned that it couldn't break the rope when it was young, the adult elephant believes that it still can't break the rope, so it doesn't even try!

We are all powerful like those mighty elephants, however thanks to past experiences we have just come to believe that we have very little power, and thus keep on proving to ourselves that we are weak. The only limitation you have are the ones you have imposed on yourself. Once you start to believe in your own powers, there is nothing that is out of your reach - you will see yourself become stronger and stronger to match your new empowered beliefs.

Examples of some limiting beliefs:
1) This article is good, but very difficult to apply in real life. Almost every post attracts a few of these responses! :-)

2) I am to too old to be able to learn that now.

3) I am too young to learn about spirituality now.

4) I am not good enough for the task.

5) I am good, but this world does not favor good people.

6) My wishes never come true.

7) We will never be able to make ends meet.

Examples of some empowered beliefs:
1) I am a powerful creator who can manifest anything if I put my attention on it.

2) I am loved. There is no lack of love in my life.

3) Everybody I meet is beautiful, wonderful and full of love.

4) Everybody I encounter is helping me on my path - they are out there for me as I am for them.

5) Everybody around is conspiring to make me successful. Jack Canfield calls this "Being an Inverse paranoid".

6) Everything I need is within me - there is nothing I lack. I attract the right people, things and situations in order to experience life the way I am here to experience.

if the above thread was not able to motivate you. pls get motivated from this one ::::

Throughout our life, we have met people who seem to have more intelligence than the rest of us. We term these people brilliant, smart or address them as genius. We assume that their intelligence is God's gift to them. Perhaps you are one of these gifted souls yourself. And then there are others who find it hard to concentrate and perform well academically and on assigned jobs, find it difficult to learn new things, and perhaps wish that they were more like those geniuses.

A competitive society places a lot of importance on intelligence. Intelligent people are considered valuable everywhere, whereas people who display lower levels of intelligence constantly fear the consequences of not being able to keep up with the peers in their respective fields. When our children perform well academically in school, we proudly rejoice and share their performance with everyone around us. On the other hand, when the child is struggling academically, it causes much anxiety and worry to parents.

Do you struggle academically and in your career? Do you consider yourself dull and wished that your were smarter? Or do you just wish to do better at the tasks that you take up? The good news is that you are already a genius, just that you may or may not know it. Even top performers use only a small percentage of their brains, and it follows that everyone has a huge potential within them to be a genius. It is a myth that geniuses are born that way. In reality, most of these geniuses are ones who developed their inner capabilities more than others.

If you believe that your intelligence is static and cannot be enhanced, consider this. The performance of students who are otherwise brilliant suffer greatly after experiencing some traumatic event in their lives. The same students are not able to learn and retain like they used to. Sometimes, the drop in academic performance is so drastic, that a top student might get failing grades in school after experiencing the trauma, until the situation is correct by therapy. The same is true with adults as well. This suggests that clearly there is something more to performance besides raw intelligence and genetics.

What could be the reason for higher performances then?

The following observation from geography helps to understand this better. In the Indian subcontinent, many rivers originate in the Himalayas. Most of these rivers break up into smaller distributaries, until they get either land locked or dried up by the sun. The rivers that break up into smaller streams and distributaries never reach the ocean. On the other hand, the river Ganges, which also starts in the Himalayas, continues to flow steadfastly south east without breaking up, and is able to pour its waters into the Bay of Bengal. The fact that the Ganges flows without dividing herself is the dominant reason for her to be able to reach the ocean.

Such is the case with the intelligence of the human mind. People who are able to focus their thoughts on a particular subject with undivided attention, appear to be more intelligent than others. In reality the same potential exists in the rest of us as well. Thus it is less about the faculty of intelligence itself, and more about the ability to bring this faculty together with continuous, undivided attention, that is really the reason for the above average performance of some people which we term as genius

As swami Vivekananda said:
"Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success, that is way great spiritual giants are produced."

Now the question is, why is it that some people are able to give undivided attention to what they take up, whereas some others are not able to?
There are two reasons for this:
A high goal that greatly inspires and motivates the individual
A mind that is free from distraction

Let us take this up this up one by one:

1) A high goal that greatly inspires and motivates the individual
Until and unless an individual selects a task that greatly inspires and motivates him, his full potential does not get unleashed. This is why it is extremely important to "follow your heart". Selecting a field of work only because of the need to survive ensures that an individual forever remains only in survival mode. All of the potential of such a person remain dormant.
Mahatma Gandhi

Mahatma Gandhi was a mediocre student in school. He was a shy, soft-spoken individual who had no great spark of intelligence and leadership in him. All that changed when he suffered discrimination in Africa due to the color of his skin. He took upon himself the goal to correct the injustices that he faced. Highly inspired and motivated with this goal, this once shy man of mediocre abilities underwent a tremendous transformation. He grew by leaps and bounds, fought diligently and untiringly towards the goal of freedom for the entire nation, and in the process introduced some of the most brilliant and powerful ideas known to fight injustice in a peaceful manner. His leadership was par excellence. No one remembers the shy mediocre student, all of us know him as a highly powerful and revered political leader who we lovingly call "Bapu" - The father of the nation. All of us can bring out the great potential sleeping within us, if only we find a powerful goal that deeply inspires us, like Mahatma Gandhi did.

2) A mind that is free from distraction
As seen above in the example of the intellectual performance of people suffering after undergoing mental trauma, even people who are otherwise considered brilliant, perform poorly when the mind is distracted. Only when the mind is quietened does the intellect starts to perform to its full potential. An individual with a quiet mind is better able to make decisions that are in true alignment with his purpose, and thus increases his chances of success. Also a quiet mind conserves a lot of energy, as it is at peace. A quiet mind is more creative and intuitive. An agitated mind is more prone to negative emotions such as anger, hatred, doubt, insecurity, unworthiness, etc, which wastes precious energy that would be otherwise channeled towards the task at hand.

The other source of distraction come via our senses. It is not uncommon for a person's intellectual performance to suffer when the mind is distracted thanks to preoccupation with gratifying one of more of the senses - which is what happens when the mind deeply craves for anything. This is why people who experiencing a breakup of their relationship, or are addicted to alcohol or drugs perform well below their potential. Regular meditation reduces our cravings and aversions. It helps to cultivate a mind that is creative, intuitive, and free of distraction, which unleashes more of the power of your intellect to the tasks you undertake.

Your intelligence is not a fixed entity. You have enormous potential within you to enhance it. Each one of us carries within us the seed of genius. Most of us preserve the seed as it, whereas some of us take that seed and grow it into a mighty tree - and that makes all the difference in the world. You are a genius - now go show the world the real power within you.

did you feel motivated??

Not my words. Copied from somewhere. Would like the company of people who want to remain motivated and also want to motivate other ppl.

I feel little sorry about this post and you.(sorry for being rude)

Your Question is itself negative as you urself dont want to go wharton >>Explain your reasons so as to why we cannot make it..

I can't give u reason y u cannot make it. u can find those urself. try finding how u will make it. isnt it?

Cheer up now.
Sory for being rude.