Which is the Top IAS Coachingin Delhi?

Every candidate has a Dream to Become an IAS officer. So they joined the IAS Coaching and help you out in you doing IAS examination preparation. For the Preparation for such a competitive IAS Exam, you should need the right people to train you. Here is IAS Coaching that can help you train for such a competitive exam. Coaching rank has ranked[ Top IAS Coachingout of which you can join any UPSC Coaching The Prayas India helps you to prepare for the IAS Exam.

IAS Coaching

What is IAS Exam?

The Indian Administrative Service (IAS) is the administrative arm of the All India Services. Considered the premier civil service of India, the IAS is one of the three arms of the All India Services along with the Indian Police Service and the Indian Forest Service. Members of these three services serve the Government of India as well as the individual states. IAS officers may also be deployed to various public sector undertakings.

As with other countries following the parliamentary system of government, the IAS is a part of the permanent bureaucracy of the nation, and is an inseparable part of the executive of the Government of India. As such, the bureaucracy remains politically neutral and guarantees administrative continuity to the ruling party or coalition.

Upon confirmation of service, an IAS officer serves a probationary period as a sub-divisional magistrate. Completion of this probation is followed by an executive administrative role in a district as a district magistrate and collector which lasts several years. After this tenure, an officer may be promoted to head a whole state administrative division, as a divisional commissioner.

On attaining the higher scales of the pay matrix, IAS officers may lead government departments or ministries. In these roles, IAS officers represent the country at the international level in bilateral and multilateral negotiations. If serving on a deputation, they may be employed in intergovernmental organizations such as the World Bank, the International Monetary Fund, the Asian Development Bank, the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank, or the United Nations, or its agencies. IAS officers are also involved in the conduct of elections in India as mandated by the Election Commission of India.

IAS officer Responsibilities

In general, the IAS officer is in charge of maintaining law and order, revenue administration, and general administration in the area under his jurisdiction.

When you become an IAS Officer, you will be responsible for the following responsibilities: –

1. Government Relations

You will be in charge of the majority of government affairs; you will work on policy implementation with the minister’s approval, farming, and so on.

You must implement the policies, supervise them, and be present in all locations where the policies have been implemented.

As an officer, you will also have the authority to testify before state legislatures and the parliament in the event of any irregularities in the area under your jurisdiction.

2. Strength

Once in this position, you will have the authority to oversee the entire development work of the area under your control. You will also have the authority to ensure that the law and order are upheld at all times. Following this level, you will be assigned as a district magistrate or deputy officer as an IAS officer. You will have significant responsibilities here, as well as the authority to implement programmers that will propel the district you are in charge of to greater development.

You could also work as a state secretariat official or as the head of a Public Sector Unit.

3. Possession of authority

As an IAS official, you will have full authority, capability, and opportunity to assist society’s needy and poor. You will be in charge of income recovery and the smooth operation of tax courts. As an executive magistrate, you will have a lot of responsibilities. You will be a District Development Commissioner / Head of Development (CDO).You will be in charge of overseeing the implementation of state and federal policies. You will be visiting various locations on a regular basis to monitor the implementation of new policies. You will be in charge of managing the expenditure of public funds in accordance with the rules of financial ownership. When it comes to policy and decision-making, you will hold various positions at various levels, such as undersecretary, and so on.

The typical functions performed by an IAS officer are:

To collect revenue and function as court officials in matters of revenue and crime (for the revenue courts and criminal courts of executive magistrates), to maintain law and order, to implement union and state government policies at the grass-roots level when posted to field positions i.e. as sub-divisional magistrates, additional district magistrates, district magistrates and divisional commissioners, and to act as an agent of the government in the field, i.e. to act as an intermediary between the public and the government.

To handle the administration and daily proceedings of the government, including the formulation and implementation of policy in consultation with the minister-in-charge of a specific ministry or department.

To contribute to policy formulation, and to make a final decision in certain matters, with the agreement of the minister concerned or the council of ministers (depending upon the weight of the matter), when posted at the higher level in the Government of India as a joint secretary, additional secretary, special secretary or secretary equivalent, secretary and Cabinet Secretary, and in state governments as secretary, principal secretary, additional chief secretary or special chief secretary and chief secretary.

Stage I — IAS Examination- Prelims:

In Prelims IAS Examination, there are two papers named General studies and General Studies(CSAT). Each paper is for 2 hours and contains 200 marks for each subject. Each question in the prelims examination is objective type (MCQs).

Name of the paper — — — — — — — — — — — — –No. Of Questions

IAS Exam Paper — I: General Studies — — — — — — — — — 100

IAS Exam Paper — II: General Studies (CSAT) — — — — — –80

Stage II — IAS Examination- Mains:

If you qualify your stage I then you are allowed to sit in Stage II Examination i.e., Mains Examination which is a written descriptive examination and comprises 9 papers. The 9 papers in IAS Mains Examination are as follows: Paper-A (Compulsory Indian Language); Paper –B (English) which are qualifying in nature, while the other papers like an essay, General Studies Papers I, II, III, IV, and Optional Papers I, II are considered for the final ranking. The duration of each paper is 3 hours.

IAS Exam Paper — — Name of the Paper — — — — — — — Marks

Paper — A — — — — — Compulsory Indian Language — — 300 Marks

Paper — B — — — — –English — — — — — — — — — — –300 Marks

Paper — I — — — — — ESSAY — — — — — — — — — — — 250 Marks

Paper-II — — — — –General Studies I — — — — — — — →250 Marks

Paper — III — — — — General Studies II — — — — — — –250 Marks

Paper — IV — — — — General Studies III — — — — — — — 250 Marks

Paper — V — — — — — General Studies IV — — — — — — — 250 Marks

Paper — VI — — — — -Optional Paper I — — — — — — — –250 Marks

Paper — VII — — — — Optional Paper-II — — — — — — — 250 Marks

TOTAL MARKS — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — -1750 Marks

Interview or Personality Test 275 Marks

GRAND TOTAL 2025 Marks

Stage III: IAS Exam — UPSC Interview/Personality Test

Candidates who clear the IAS Mains examination will appear for Stage III i.e., the Personality Test or Interview round with the UPSC Board Members. In this round, basically, the board checks the personality traits of the candidates and questions will be asked on their interests, current affairs, general knowledge, situation-based questions, etc. to evaluate if they are fit for work in the civil services or not. By clearing this exam candidates to enter into the prestigious civil services of the country.