which is the better one,IIML(PGP-ABM) or FMS(MS)?

Hello, I have done my graduation in agriculture and have no prior work experience.I applied to both IIML(PGP-ABM) and FMS(MS),and have got call letters from both.Since both the courses have been introduced only from these year onward,which of th…

Hello,
I have done my graduation in agriculture and have no prior work experience.I applied to both IIML(PGP-ABM) and FMS(MS),and have got call letters from both.Since both the courses have been introduced only from these year onward,which of the two courses would be a better career option for me in terms of both quality of placements as well as the type of job offered.Please help me with your suggestions.Your suggestions to these dilemma which i am facing would be highly appreciated.
Thanking you all in anticipation. 😁

Hi, i have same educational background as urs..
i am stuck btwn ximb and iim(abm)...
but i guess i'll go for iim....good placements are guaranteed plus i guess iim brand name is much much more valued

small point about du starting new courses.do some research.about accreditions etc.2 years is a long enuf time for a new course to get into trouble.

case in point:BIT,DU.
ciao.

hey jason,
Me too got a call from XIMB(PGPRM).Wondering wheter you too got the call for the same course : I agree that the brand name is always there but then FMS is also a class in its own.And well,as for acrredition and course structure,both are a class apart in their content and direction as well.But what confuses me the most is the placement opportunity since i believe it would take some time for both to establish themselves in the market and therefore i would like to choose the course which would be the most helpul to me.Please forward anymore suggestions to me.Thank you.

Hi guys
Glad to see more agri grads in the fray.i started the ABM threads long back in the forum (plz refer back) and had some good responses from guys at iim ahmedabad.so do refer those.B?W i too have final sadmission offers from IRMA and XIMB(rural)...So XIMB is outta contention.I have IIMA abm call also.If i were u .cruz,i wouldnt think too much bout FMS MS,cos ur profile would stand u in good stead in ABM programme.

Also ,have u got final call from FMS?Cos,FMS may not be looking at agri grads per se ,unlike the iiml.I suggest u convert the calls,,think if u wanna opt outta agri sector,,and go after a completely alien sector..PAY and salary wise IIMA ABM programme rocks(best in the country) ....IIML is any day better reputed than XIMB rural managemnt programme.The IIM brand name is hard to match,even by FMS, mind u.

WHat are ur chances at IIML?my score was 98.18%,but DI sucked ,so no IIML call.Guys,do share ur percentiles also.

Honestly.....i feel its a no contest..IIMA ABm rocksss...

I ONly have a call from IIMA ABM..since i only appeared for the cat...GUys ...what r ur percentiles.......HEY...........anyone from a food technology background here..........any special prep.

Shogun.buddy....hw r u?
Alcatraz

WHat are ur chances at IIML?my score was 98.18%,but DI sucked ,so no IIML call.Guys,do share ur percentiles also.

shogun,me got a call from both IIMA as well as IIML,but compared to yours my percentile was only 86.75 and well,i didn't put in the name of IIMA coz i would choose it over any other institute anyday,and well thanks for your suggestion,it helped to clarify my doubts a bit.