Which is the best Executive Program in Business Analytics in India conducted by IIMs?

Business Analytics job market is expected to boom in India in the coming years and there is a huge shortage of skilled analyst in the market. This makes it a very attractive career option with good salary and growth. IIMs & other premier ...

Business Analytics job market is expected to boom in India in the coming years and there is a huge shortage of skilled analyst in the market. This makes it a very attractive career option with good salary and growth.

IIMs & other premier institutes have recognized it's importance and have started executive programs for working executive in the field of Business Analytics. I have 3 years of experience in Business Analytics and holds a engineering degree from a top college. I have worked for Mu Sigma Business Solutions for 2 years and now I work for a leading consulting firm in the world.

I would like to pursue this executive programs for working executive in the field of Business Analytics and not regular MBA. Reason being I don't want to leave my job and start fresh. All this courses are 1 year course and cost around 4 Lakhs. Most of the content is delivered online with occasional mandatory session in campus.

Admins, I am starting this thread because I am not able to find a good thread discussion this course from IIMs in India.

The below link will give more details on the courses.
http://analyticsindiamag.com/top-6-analytics-courses-in-india/

Questions
1) How much value addition will this course make in my current analytics job? Will it help me get faster promotions and growth? Is this certificate valued in the industry?

2) I am looking for a course which provides give an opportunity to develop my statistical as well as management skills. Based on the course content description I suspect more emphasis is given on statistics and tool than developing management skill. Is that correct? Which B school program strikes the balance between these two?

3) Many IIMs conduct this course, which one is the best? Since I am in Bangalore should I just apply to IIM Bangalore?

4) Many US B School provide this course as regular MBA course (I dont have plans to do this). Compared to them where does the courses provided by IIMs stand?

Puys who have done these courses and have knowledge about this , please throw some light on my questions.

Puys please give your inputs

Hi 007 ! Good thread. I am also looking for such courses as I want to make a career switch to analytics. I have 3 years of experience but none in analytics.

Hello 007 ! IIT Delhi is conducting a CEP course on Business Analytics and optimization as well as another course on Advanced Business analytics and optimization for professionals. One is starting in March this year and the other one in August. Although it is not a one year executive program which you are looking for, I thought you might find it interesting.

Hi jack_baur! Thanks. Happy to meet a shipmate. what sort of program is IIT D offering, if not a one year executive program for proffesionals? Is it a lesser duration certificate program? Please share any link you have. Do you know anyone who have done a similar course?

Hi 007 ! This course is part of their CEP (Continuing education program) Check this link ( this is for the advanced course ). It is a dual certification course (as it includes the normal course as well as the advanced course) Duration of the normal course is from march to july and for the advanced course, it is from august to december. you can attend the course online from any location.

http://www.ivoryeducation.com/dms-iit-delhi-advanced-business-analytics-business-optimization-program/

Hi jack_baur! Thanks. The program is cost effective than the one's by IIM's. Do you know anyone who have done business analytics course from a top institute? One thing that disappoints me when i look at the curriculum of IIM's & IIT's is that there is very less emphasis on developing management skills.

Hi 007! I do not know anyone who has done the course, but if I get in touch with someone, I will let you know. I agree with you that there is less emphasis on developing management skills. The course content seem to be more theoretical rather than focusing on real life business analytics problems. Since you have already worked in analytics (mu sigma), do you think would such a course be helpful for me for making a switch to analytics career ?

Hi mrcet007,
i also looked at this course and found it very useful and relevant.

since i was in a very similar situation as yours in 2009, let me give you my 2 cents

- a certificate program which is part time and for working executives, is meant for YOUR professional enhancement

-the onus is on YOU to figure out how it will help you in your career

-while such a program will lend strength and credibility to your CV, it is unlikely to be THE REASON for your promotion, a better job, a higher salary immediately upon completion

- it will help you progress in your career in the LONG RUN, since it strengthens your foundation as an analytics professional and reduce risk of professional failure when you take on higher responsibility later in your career.

-the professional network you form during your 1 year with other classmates will help you open up new opportunities

-it is NOT a substitute for a Master's degree.

-now you yourself need to figure out if not having a master's degree will impede your career progress or not.

-based on my experience, if you have strong professional experience, not having an MBA/MS is NOT a constraint.

-Although it could take longer and require you to work your way to the top, since most in your bench mark peer group will likely have a master's
hope this help!

cheers..

helloo..this is Ashish Ranjan.i completed B.E in 2008 (E&tc;) ..later worked in telecom sector for 45 months ,,now i got selected for BUSINESS Analytics as well as regular business managment program from PRAXIS BUSINESS SCHOOL .KOLKATA..this college has good placement record in both the courses..but Return of investment is quite good in BA course and also it will save 1 year.but i have a doubt if i will do the course..in long run will i be able to survive in the market or not..i mean..whether i would need mba degree for better survival chance or BA is worth to take on !.kindly suggest me.

@mrcet007

Puys please give your inputs

Does anyone have more information on this please advice.

Any information on Business Analytics course in US universities??

adding my name to the list of information seekers !! 😃

3 years of work ex in ETL want to move into analytics.
i
plz share ur experiences

That is a big news for people pursuing their career in this field, they will be having a great future ahead. If anyone wants to know more about this growing field can go here

Hai.. This is bragadeesh.. Completed BE Mechanical engineering and having 1 + year of experience and im intrested in business analytics. Will combination of mechanical engineering & business analytics ( Focussing on Manufacturing sector) will have scope?..can any one suggest me with good programs.

Hi

I am  two year experienced Quality Eng working in an IT firm from BE CS background.I want to continue my rest of my career in Business Analytics ,but I am unaware of the different courses and Executive Programs in it .

Please help me on this

http://analyticsindiamag.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Analytics-Courses-in-India.pdf

This has a comparison on courses on offer by various IIMs

A lot of institutions are coming up these days in Analytics as it is wonderful tech-education subject with a promising career option. Few of them are being recognized globally for their educational quality. Though there are online forums but for a professional approach towards learning Analytics would be taking a course from a reputed institute or university. Here are a few links to help you decide.

These are the best in India as of now.

http://insofe.edu.in/ 

http://analyticsindiamag.com/top-8-analytics-training-institutes-in-india/