Which international B-Schools should i apply to using my GMAT score !!!

Hello Senior and Fellow Puys; My profile; X—UP Board —72% XII----UP Board---- 72% then a gap of 3 yrs… B.Tech(Electrical & Electronics)----UP Technical University----66% (CGPA 6.6 on a scale of 10)average extra crculars…

Hello Senior and Fellow Puys;

My profile;

X---UP Board ---72%
XII----UP Board---- 72%
then a gap of 3 yrs...
B.Tech(Electrical & Electronics)----UP Technical University----66% (CGPA 6.6 on a scale of 10)
average extra crculars

then 2 years of experience as a Lecturer and a Trainee Engineer in an Electronics company....nothing much significant...was preparing for PSUs and CAT...
July 2009---Selected in Power Grid Corporation of India Limited through All India Test...
Package 11.5 LPA at that time...
Currently working in PGCIL as an Engineer in Executive cadre with a CTC of 12.5 LPA...
work exp in PGCIL ----40 months

Have started preparing for GMAT...will be taking it in early 2013.
Just took GMAT prep practice test 1....score came out to be 710.
I will be targeting 750.

Just wanted to ask u puys....considering my avg Acads and gaps during study...and a low GPA at Grad level, which international MBA prgms i can look forward too....also...shall a higher GMAT score compensate for an avrge Acadmc performance....whether there are any good MBA progms that overlook avg GPA if i fare well in my essays nd interviews....Any suggestion will be highly regarded..TiA..

Dear Devarshi,

I am Inga, from Frankfurt School of Finance and Management.

Replying to your query, I would like to note that your graduation score and CGPA might be a little bit worrying, however they are not the only one requirements if you look at the programs.

The other question you should ask yourself if you are willing to do only MBA or MSc. MA courses in a b-school would also be of your interests. Why? Usually MBA course will require some years of work experience in a specific field while Msc. MA will look at your overall scores and achievements as well as references and successful interview pass (I am talking more on the side of our university).

You should therefore, check the universities and the programs of your choice and find out the exact requirements, which would help you to understand the possibilities better. For example in our school, in this case we would ask you to show really good GMAT score and TOEFL as well as prepare yourself well for the interview. If you score more than 700 in GMAT it should be good:)

I would also suggest you to list the countries which offer the most opportunities for students after the graduation and then decide accordingly.

Wishing you all the best!

Inga

Hi, I gave GMAT recently and got a score of 680. I am planning to take GMAT again in December to score more than 700. With a score of 680 , what are the colleges I can apply ?? I want to join in 2014 - 2016 batch . I completed B.E in 2012 and I have 14 months of work experience in IT field (Associate System Engineer) till date. With this work experience what are the international B-schools that I can apply. I have a decent academic record ( 8.44 (UG) - B.E , 91% in 12th , 87 % in 10th ) . Is 680 a decent score or should I take GMAT again ? Thanks in Advance

@Priya_karthik

Hi, I gave GMAT recently and got a score of 680. I am planning to take GMAT again in December to score more than 700. With a score of 680 , what are the colleges I can apply ?? I want to join in 2014 - 2016 batch . I completed B.E in 2012 and I have 14 months of work experience in IT field (Associate System Engineer) till date. With this work experience what are the international B-schools that I can apply. I have a decent academic record ( 8.44 (UG) - B.E , 91% in 12th , 87 % in 10th ) . Is 680 a decent score or should I take GMAT again ? Thanks in Advance

Dear Priya,

Your GMAT score is already quite good so you can give it a try even with current score. Of course, if you are willing to give a try and show a track of your recent improvement in GMAT and attempts, it is most welcome. Different B-schools have different requirements, however with your current GMAT score you should be able to qualify and get your application processed.

Best of luck!

VIU vs. TRU Vs. Royal roads for MBA.

Hi guys,Many students are confused with the choices that I have mentioned above. Study overseas councilors give these options to students who want to do an MBA from Canada.These colleges do not require a Gmat, although IELTS is required.I scored a 7.5 in IELTS and 550 in Gmat. I know that I can not even think of applying to any IVEY league colleges with such a low Gmat score.The reason why I am looking forward for an MBA from these Universities is that the tuition cost in with in the range of CAD30,000 (affordable for me)MBA from these universities is almost of 2 yrs. of duration which would allow me a stay back option of 3 yrs, thereby increasing my chances of a PR.If anyone can help me out with the job prospects after completing my MBA from any of the above mentioned university or if anyone can advice as to which University I should choose.P.S. Royal roads is offering a Masters in global management program which is almost equivalent to an MBA.