Which B-schools to apply after CAT results are announced?

Ok, here’s my deal… I have written GRE and have applied for MS in Management Information Systems in US universities and waiting for the results. Meanwhile, I wrote CAT, in company of my friends, and surprisingly ended up getting a scor…

Ok, here's my deal...

I have written GRE and have applied for MS in Management Information Systems in US universities and waiting for the results.

Meanwhile, I wrote CAT, in company of my friends, and surprisingly ended up getting a score on a higher side with no preparation.

Score... Quant = 71.77%ile, Verbal = 99.55%ile, Overall = 95.42%ile

I have not applied to any of the colleges yet, as honestly, I wasn't expecting this good score. Also, I have almost zero knowledge of the ranking of different B-schools in India. I am aware that most of the colleges deadlines fall before the CAT results date.

Now in case, I don't get any seat in US universities, I don't want to let go this score and waste another year of my life. Can anyone please tell me which university forms are still open and which would be right for my profile. I am only interested in MBA in IT and related courses. Which colleges would be best for an MBA in IT?

Profile.. Xth = 84%, XIIth = 78%, Work exp = 18 months as Software Engineer in Infosys as of this month.

PS : Please forgive me if I am breaking any forum rules as I am a : in PG and quite in hurry as I don't to miss out anymore colleges.

Sashwat

Ok, here's my deal...

I have written GRE and have applied for MS in Management Information Systems in US universities and waiting for the results.

Meanwhile, I wrote CAT, in company of my friends, and surprisingly ended up getting a score on a higher side with no preparation.

I have not applied to any of the colleges yet, as honestly, I wasn't expecting this good score. Also, I have almost zero knowledge of the ranking of different B-schools in India. I am aware that most of the colleges deadlines fall before the CAT results date.

Now in case, I don't get any seat in US universities, I don't want to let go this score and waste another year of my life. Can anyone please tell me which university forms are still open and which would be right for my profile. I am only interested in MBA in IT and related courses. Which colleges would be best for an MBA in IT?

Profile.. Xth = 84%, XIIth = 78%, Work exp = 18 months as Software Engineer in Infosys as of this month.

PS : Please forgive me if I am breaking any forum rules as I am a : in PG and quite in hurry as I don't to miss out anymore colleges.

Sashwat

Your OA %ile looks fine but you ruined Quant. I don't think you will be abl to get into any of the big B Schools unless you have reservation and qualify according to their selection criterion.
CAT cut-off at IIMs

Thanks a lot for the reply. I realize that I don't have much chance in IIMs but can you please suggest me which other b-schools I can apply to now.

Section 1- 90.80
Section 2- 96.52
Overall - 95.71
10th- 88.6
12th- 75.8
b.tech-73
Chances for IIT-D and IIT-B.???? Any other good colleges i can get at this score???plzz help

Section 1- 90.80
Section 2- 96.52
Overall - 95.71
10th- 88.6
12th- 75.8
b.tech-73
Chances for IIT-D and IIT-B.???? Any other good colleges i can get at this score???plzz help

nothinggreat Says
Thanks a lot for the reply. I realize that I don't have much chance in IIMs but can you please suggest me which other b-schools I can apply to now.

u can apply to
KJ Somaiya http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K._J._Somaiya_Institute_of_Management_Studies_and_Research_(SIMSR)
BIM Trichy Bharathidasan Institute of Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
TAPMI T. A. Pai Management Institute - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
and Various IITs for their MBA programs

apply to imt ghaziabad, imi delhi, fore, mib/mhrod, . had u filled MDI form , u wld hv got a call, bt the last date is up.

nothinggreat Says

Sorry..but your Quant score doesn't suffice any of the top 20-30 colleges unless they do not consider Sectionals.

Most of the Other top B-Schools have closed their registrations except IITs, TAPMI, and few more.
zenith12 Says
apply to imt ghaziabad, imi delhi, fore, mib/mhrod, . had u filled MDI form , u wld hv got a call, bt the last date is up.

Filled MDI... Hope i get a call....... And any chances for IIT-D and IIT-B?
pranav2209 Says
Filled MDI... Hope i get a call....... And any chances for IIT-D and IIT-B?

iit's taking cat score for the first time so noone can't say for sure. But you may just have a chance. A call from mdi maybe sure shot but you really have to give ur best in gdpi. ATB!!

hi puys
plz help me out i got 92.50% in cat but i filled only lbs , ubs , fore , tapmi, mica but havnt filled any other form . plz help me out and plz tell me which inst left for my percentile and also tell me being a girl can i get any iim & iits.
plzz tell me which 1 is best . plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz helppppppp
thanks

Ok, so the schools I can apply to..

1) IMT Ghaziabad
2) All IITs
3) K.J Somaiya Institute Of Mgmt. Studies, Mumbai
4) T.A.Pai Management Institute, Manipal
5) Fore School Of Management, New Delhi
6) Bharathidasan Institute Of Mgmt., Tiruchirappalli
7) International Management Institute, Delhi

Sorry but which one is mib/mhrod? I didn't get that one.
Please let me know if there are others which I have a chance in and the date is not up.Thanks

Forms for few schools in above list are not open anymore. So the only ones I am looking at are :

1) IMT Ghaziabad
2) All IITs
3) T.A.Pai Management Institute, Manipal

Guys, please suggest if I am missing any..

Forms for few schools in above list are not open anymore. So the only ones I am looking at are :

1) IMT Ghaziabad
2) All IITs
3) T.A.Pai Management Institute, Manipal

Guys, please suggest if I am missing any..

Add KJ Somaiya in that list ...

With tremendous placements this season, it is going super strong.
Also see my post at this page ,
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/2012-14-queries-for-kj-somaiya-imsr-pgdm-pgdmib-pgdmrm-pgdmfs-pgdmex-25072960 mentioning the nitty gritties of KJ Somaiya ...

Go to this thread for full stats, further discussion and analysis of CAT 2011 Results:
Profiles who got calls
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/profiles-who-got-calls-25076255/3135542

OR

Please fill the spreadsheet below:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjH-OjtJaYnwdElKUER6Uk5uNzVPTzFveFFKdlZTbmc

Can anyone please tell me which university forms are still open and which would be right for my profile. I am only interested in MBA in IT and related courses. Which colleges would be best for an MBA in IT?

Sashwat

Usually IMT opens their application window for a week after results are declared. So you can check it out.

I'm not sure of any other institute opening their window post-CAT results. You may want to check out websites of institutes from where you stand a good chance for a call like IMI, SIMSR, LBSIM, TAPMI, BIM Trichy.

This time around you have the IIT's and FMS also to look forward to. Wha their cut off will be no one knows. Will have to just wait and watch how they go about it.

Thanks a lot everyone for the replies. That really helped.

One thing though - does no one here selects colleges based on the courses. It sure works that way for US universities.

I mean, sure some colleges are better for finance and some for marketing and so on. Why no IT specific suggestions 😞

One thing though - does no one here selects colleges based on the courses. It sure works that way for US universities.

I mean, sure some colleges are better for finance and some for marketing and so on. Why no IT specific suggestions 😞