What is the average GMAT score of International students at Indian B schools?

Hi Guys About to finish my third semester studying BSc Economics at the University of Nottingham. Does anyone know how competitive it is for International students to get a place in Indian MBA schools? Would they expect scores of 700 an…

Hi Guys

About to finish my third semester studying BSc Economics at the University of Nottingham. Does anyone know how competitive it is for International students to get a place in Indian MBA schools?

Would they expect scores of 700 and upwards or does it depend on the CV overall (I have done 2 Internships - one at Baker Tilly and one at an international bank in London, and should be doing one or two more internships this year too..)?

I am most likely going to get a 2.1 in my degree (around 65%) and got straight A's in A levels(12th standard), which I am guessing is quite mediocre by Indian standards. Any chance of getting into a top 15 B school in India? I am Indian but hold a foreign passport and have been in Britain for the past 10 years.

Thanks

I think you may have chance with ISB, even if you are slightly short of 700 mark. But you should aim to get at least 650+ to have a reasonable chance; and you need a minimum 2 years experience.
ISB has a liking for foreign passports.
I doubt whether IIMs & IITs care much about the foreign passport.
You should try Great Lakes Institute at Chennai. It is fairly good school; they take students with GMAT- their average GMAT score last year was 690 . They also like minimum 2 years experience.
Good luck.

Hey mate, thanks for the reply. I actually don't have any work experience since I am still at university (I only have about 5.5 months experience but that was gained during the internships). When they say 2 years minimum experience - is it MANDATORY or desirable? I know in Britain they want 3 years manadatory work experience for most MBA schools so just wondered if it was the same? By the way how are the following schools: Symbiosis, MDI, XLRI and a few other top schools in the NCR region - would it be insanely tough to get into them?

Cheers
Hey mate, thanks for the reply. I actually don't have any work experience since I am still at university (I only have about 5.5 months experience but that was gained during the internships). When they say 2 years minimum experience - is it MANDATORY or desirable? I know in Britain they want 3 years manadatory work experience for most MBA schools so just wondered if it was the same? By the way how are the following schools: Symbiosis, MDI, XLRI and a few other top schools in the NCR region - would it be insanely tough to get into them?

Cheers

I believe the workex is mandatory.

Hey thanks for the reply. I tried contacting XLRI and MDI but they never replied! Why are Indian universities so bad with communication? Agh, rant over! Can you tell me what the criteria is for getting corporate jobs in India? In UK I know that the interview is the most important factor in getting a job at a big blue chip company or a bank, whereas in India I believe it is all about which school you go to and not really about the individual - would I be right in making that assessment? Does personality/charisma/linguistic skills play a huge role in getting a corporate job at a company like TATA/Reliance/ICICI etc, or is intelligence the biggest sole criteria?
I don't really understand the indian graduate job market so please help!

Cheers

Hi

Thanks for your reply, it was pretty helpful. I was having a look at SIBM and I satisfisfy their admissions criteria but apparently their term starts in June and my final years exams finish in the first week of june! I don't understand how they could have a 15% international quota when their dates arent flexible with foreign students? Am I missing something here? I did try contacting SIBM but no reply :(

Thanks