What is rolling admission?

Hi All, I needed a basic information. What is the meaning of Rolling admission? Does it mean that the applications are not processed in a batch and are processed in first come first serve basis? well if this is true, then what is the sig…

Hi All,

I needed a basic information. What is the meaning of Rolling admission? Does it mean that the applications are not processed in a batch and are processed in first come first serve basis?

well if this is true, then what is the significance of deadlines for colleges who have rolling admissions.. even if u stick to the deadline or not, ur application is reviewed in the order in application queue and the decision is made.
In this case even if u miss a application deadline there is no considerable loss in the chances of getting admission if u can submit the application as early as u can. Am i right in my understanding. Or is there something that i am missing out here?

In my case Dec 1 is the deadline,my essays are not in such a good shape yet and i dont want to rush in. suppose if i submit the application a week after deadline will it have a significant impact on my chances of admissions. the fin aid deadline is anyhow in late jan.

thanks
mpm