Wharton MBA @ Bangalore PG Meet

Okay guys! As promised Aruna Prabhakaran (WG’09) from Wharton (and our Alwin’s junior) has agreed to meet up with junta. Venue: Barista, MG Road Time & Date: 6pm - 27th December, 2008 This would be a free flowing chit-chat discuss…

Okay guys! As promised Aruna Prabhakaran (WG'09) from Wharton (and our Alwin's junior) has agreed to meet up with junta.

Venue: Barista, MG Road

Time & Date: 6pm - 27th December, 2008

This would be a free flowing chit-chat discussing everything and anything under the sun. Some of the things that I think we can ask her is:

1. GMAT prep

2. BSchool selection

3. Application strategy (when to apply, what to write etc)

4. Is an expensive US MBA worth it?

5. What are post-MBA options for an Indian techie

Please spread the message and let me know about the attendence (and where in Bangalore you are located) through a PM.

Thanks and Merry Christmas to all

Arun

Does she by any chance go by "juggler" in blogging world? :p

Anyways save the transcript & let us know whatever happens... :)

Does she by any chance go by "juggler" in blogging world? :p

Anyways save the transcript & let us know whatever happens... :)

Nope, that is not her. juggler is also an MBA 09 grad from India

Thanks Arun for organising this event , I will surely attend this . can you please confirm the Venue also , is it Barista , MG Road ?
I think chaitara kumar , Apoorav and Anand also will be able to come .
cheers
Aditya

Okay guys! As promised Aruna Prabhakaran (WG'09) from Wharton (and our Alwin's junior) has agreed to meet up with junta.

Venue: TBD

Time & Date: 6pm - 27th December, 2008

This would be a free flowing chit-chat discussing everything and anything under the sun. Some of the things that I think we can ask her is:

1. GMAT prep

2. BSchool selection

3. Application strategy (when to apply, what to write etc)

Please spread the message and let me know about the attendence (and where in Bangalore you are located) through a PM.

Thanks and Merry Christmas to all

Arun

Hi Arun,

Thats a wonderful oppurtunity to meet someone from Warton.

As we have been discussing i guess MG road barista is a great idea.

could u please give me u r conact number please.

Regards,
chaithra Kumar.

Okay - the venue is finalized now - Barista on MG Road. I think the only problem is people coming by car - it is a problem to park it. But atleast it is centrally located and I have never known anyone *not* being able to locate the place

I so far see 3 "yes"es - Aditya, Anand, and Chaitra. Hopefully we get this number bumped to atleast 10.

Arun

HI guys
me excited too after i came to know abt Wgarton grad visiting India.
can you plz post the answer to

There could be a possible relocation from Barista because of the following reasons:

1. Too crowded

2. Too noisy

3. Parking is a problem

4. You need to keep ordering from being kept booted out

So planning for McDonalds opposite Cubbon Park, on Kasturba Road. This is in a petrol pump. Perhaps if you PM me I will give you my number and we can coordinate.

Arun

Look forward to meeting you all today! Is the venue at Mc Donald's confirmed? Though I know I have a loud voice, that is not quite sufficient to drown the blaring music in coffee shops! :-)

Btw, Juggler and I shared an apartment in the first year 😃

Look forward to meeting you all today! Is the venue at Mc Donald's confirmed? Though I know I have a loud voice, that is not quite sufficient to drown the blaring music in coffee shops! :-)

Btw, Juggler and I shared an apartment in the first year :-)

Yes ! venue McDonalds opposite Cubbon Park, on Kasturba Road is confirmed .
There could be a possible relocation from Barista because of the following reasons:

1. Too crowded

2. Too noisy

3. Parking is a problem

4. You need to keep ordering from being kept booted out

So planning for McDonalds opposite Cubbon Park, on Kasturba Road. This is in a petrol pump. Perhaps if you PM me I will give you my number and we can coordinate.

Arun

Hi Arun,

do let me know if at all you're arranging the meet in the near future.. Would love to gain some inputs as my prep for GMaT is on.....

Cheerio

Can some one post excerpts of the chat.

This would be useful for other aspiring students.

I too missed it, didn't realize that this thread was created for info.

rajatmeh Says
I too missed it, didn't realize that this thread was created for info.

All those who are interested in Bangalore GMAT PG Meets in Future ( maybe till June -2010 ), PM me ur email id's , i shall notify u people about any events through mail .

Okay - let me wrap up this thread.

Around 10 people turned up which was pretty good. McDonalds is definitely a better bet due to the relative peace in which we could discuss (not to mention the shake-shake finger fries which was absolutely delicious ).

All in all, the session covered mostly all aspects of US Bschool applications. All queries were answered by Aruna. Perhaps only thing left out was going through the details of GMAT. Another session for it maybe sometime in near future

Thanks all for coming,

Arun

Okay - let me wrap up this thread.

Around 10 people turned up which was pretty good. McDonalds is definitely a better bet due to the relative peace in which we could discuss (not to mention the shake-shake finger fries which was absolutely delicious ).

All in all, the session covered mostly all aspects of US Bschool applications. All queries were answered by Aruna. Perhaps only thing left out was going through the details of GMAT. Another session for it maybe sometime in near future

Thanks all for coming,

Arun

before attending the meet i was on edge of giving up the thought of US Bschool due to factors like co-signor for loan , recession etc ......
but after hearing from Aruna that Bschools will do something about the loans ..... i felt lot relived , started thinking about US B-schools .