Wharton Interview Fall 2009

Hi, Sorry, didn’t find any relevant thread so starting a new one. I got a call for interview from Wharton. Need help in preparation. I would be choosing bangalore for interview. It’ll be nice to hear people’s experiences and advice. …

Hi,

Sorry, didn't find any relevant thread so starting a new one.

I got a call for interview from Wharton. Need help in preparation. I would be choosing bangalore for interview. It'll be nice to hear people's experiences and advice.

thanks

Hey Congrats to you. I would be interviewing in Delhi HUB.

Can you share your profile as well.

Are you planning to interview with an Alum or at HUB?

Hi,

Sorry, didn't find any relevant thread so starting a new one.

I got a call for interview from Wharton. Need help in preparation. I would be choosing bangalore for interview. It'll be nice to hear people's experiences and advice.

thanks

I am looking for an alum interview. Is anybody aware of the status in Bangalore?

My profile is 720, 5yrs, Research - computer sc.

can all of us, just for completeness, also mention our profile.

thanks

Hey Twistergee,

If you are looking for mock interviews directly from the Wharton alumni or a current student, check out this website.
INTERVIEW BAY :: GET READY FOR THE INTERVIEW

I found it useful.

-Sanjana

Hey Twistergee,

If you are looking for mock interviews directly from the Wharton alumni or a current student, check out this website.
INTERVIEW BAY :: GET READY FOR THE INTERVIEW

I found it useful.

-Sanjana

Why is there no action on the wharton thread... is it that no one is applying in R2 or i am missing the correct link?

I am in for R2., A chartered Accountant and Cost and Management Accountant ( both first attempt), Low gmat ( below mid 80%), good GPA, 7 yrs experience including 3 yrs full time Article ship , 1 yr Intl experience whole europe and NY.. loads of leadership stories.. very good extra curriculars' and community service.

Wharton R1 results are out .. any one from pagalguy? Its strange no action on this thread this year!!!

sudhir

Wharton R2 applicant

I have been following the R1 admit story on Business week and gmatclub .. and believe me the story really looks bad... some of the very very good profiles from GMAT-CLUB have been rejected... probably only 1 indian i have seen who has made it .. ... whats so unusual is the very high number of waitlist this year...

Of H,S, W ..i believe wharton is the only school which focuses less on interview.. . on a average it calls 45% for interview and selects 16- 17 % . I have had chats with some current students and they are of the opinion that this year the number of applications have gone up by 20- 25%. I think the high number of waitlist is probably because of the same people wud apply hve applied to Harvard and stanford and there are more chances of people moving in there over wharton.

To be frank its very difficult to understand how wharton interview and application scrutiny works in the background vis-a-via H and S. i wish it were a little more transparent ... though it doesn't stop me from applying .

regds

Sudhir

PS: Mayank .Congrats on chicago... u rocked... hope we make it to wharton 😃 and start the count on pagalguy..

Hi Guys,

I am an Indian and i have been wait listed :(. Let me know if i can be of help to someone. Best of luck to R2 candidates.

Hey Mayank,

Thanks . well the profile doesn't matter but ur selling does ...

720 Gmat/IIT/entrepreneur/intl exp/social entrepreneur/2 patents,2 intl. research papers

i applied to only 3 schools in R1..Ross(interviewed)/Wharton(waitlisted)/ISB(admitted)

planning to apply to HBS..not sure if if i have a chance there..may be u can shed some light on writing HBS essays 😃

Hi poseidon..

I am also applying for HBS in R2.. ur profile looks awesome dude... that was my worry that i mentioned in earlier posts.. people with fantastic profiles are WL this time @ wharton .. i am not sure of the reason... if guys like u r WL .i am not sure abt what will be mine:( u guys have stellar gmat ... i am out of 80% range.. I wish wharton looks at other aspects as well... and not just GMAT..

As far as HBS essays are concerned ... if u have written wharton essays ... its pretty easy for you.. most of it is almost the same if u pick up the right essays... do let us know any particular essay which u feel uncomfortable..

regards

Sudhir

Hi poseidon..

I am also applying for HBS in R2.. ur profile looks awesome dude... that was my worry that i mentioned in earlier posts.. people with fantastic profiles are WL this time @ wharton .. i am not sure of the reason... if guys like u r WL .i am not sure abt what will be mine:( u guys have stellar gmat ... i am out of 80% range.. I wish wharton looks at other aspects as well... and not just GMAT..

As far as HBS essays are concerned ... if u have written wharton essays ... its pretty easy for you.. most of it is almost the same if u pick up the right essays... do let us know any particular essay which u feel uncomfortable..

regards

Sudhir

Wharton does look at all parts of the application and is not swayed by any deviation in just one area. You usually need to be a fairly strong applicant across the board. While at Wharton I read my fair share of applications and there not a decision where one favors the GMAT over the entire app. Your overall app is what matters. ATB

Thanks Allwyn!!!

Submitted my Wharton R2 application... Now starts the long wait...:)

regds
S

Last day today for application deadline!!!!!!!
Anyone who is putting application in?

regds
S

Hi all.
i too have been waitlisted @R1 Wharton.

My profile -

4.5yrs WE/740/NIT/ IT Finance exp/2+ yrs Entrpreneur.

Other colleges applied - LBS (reject without interview) , Harvard(R2) , CMU(R2) and UCB (R1)

No admits yet. This year is too competitive.
All the best.

Hi all.
i too have been waitlisted @R1 Wharton.

My profile -

4.5yrs WE/740/NIT/ IT Finance exp/2+ yrs Entrpreneur.

Other colleges applied - LBS (reject without interview) , Harvard(R2) , CMU(R2) and UCB (R1)

No admits yet. This year is too competitive.
All the best.

Its scary to see lot of great profiles with WL this year...Im sure R1 WL has a much better chance of converting and with an yield of 69%... please dont loose any hope....

All the very best for R2 applications..

regds
S

R2 applicant here.... the waiting has started.... beer in the fridge and EAGLES take on the GIANTS on Sunday!! wooohooo....
btw, received an email from wharton about the R2 mid decision deadlines... looks like the invites will start coming out from Jan 22nd till Feb 19th....
g'luck!!

R2 applicant here.... the waiting has started.... beer in the fridge and EAGLES take on the GIANTS on Sunday!! wooohooo....
btw, received an email from wharton about the R2 mid decision deadlines... looks like the invites will start coming out from Jan 22nd till Feb 19th....
g'luck!!

would u mind sharing ur profile?

regds
S

M/25/700/5 yrs Intl WE IT Consulting Insurance Sector/lookin to switch to the Finance industry

Hi Mayank

Congrats on Chicago. Good luck for HBS

I have applied to H/S/W in R2. Crossed fingers for result.

Can you share the interview experience of HBS