Wharton Fall 2011

Guys, Maybe I missed it. But I did not see a thread for sharing Interview Invites. Any Indian/International received any Wharton invites yet?? Please share profile if possible.

Guys,
Maybe I missed it. But I did not see a thread for sharing Interview Invites.
Any Indian/International received any Wharton invites yet??
Please share profile if possible.

Hey, did you receive one?

Noooooo.... Just wondering
The wait till next Friday will Kill me.... Diwali mein Diwala- I hope not 😃

Did they really call someone?

Even I dont see any international getting call till now. And wharton will be sending the calls from 29th to 5th. They can send calls anytime in between but the final rejects mail will come on 5th only.

Did they really call someone?

Even I dont see any international getting call till now. And wharton will be sending the calls from 29th to 5th. They can send calls anytime in between but the final rejects mail will come on 5th only.

Sorry will like to correct myself. Few people got the interview invites and reported on business week forum. Here is the link
W Interview Invite-Getting into B-School-BW Business Schools- BusinessWeek

@crimemaster, good job of creating this thread, I was planning to do the same as couldn't find any thread for wharton 11.
From what I could understand, wharton will send invites on 2 days 29oct and 5nov not between these 2 dates. But some people say that it might be throughout the week, don't know for sure.

Quite a few people got invites yday as posted on GC. The rest like me will have to wait for nov 5 :(. Quite a few schools have chosen this date for their shorlisting, I just hope its a happy diwali for all of us.

@MBAspirant - Yes, Next Friday is going to be a BIG day - Gd luck to Everyone!
The only Indian I saw on GC was the dude with the handle "minime2"- Gd Luck Bro!
The Wait is ON.... How am I going to write my R2 essays .....

oh ok, so that minime2 guy is a desi, thats disproves the invites by country / nationality theory 😞 , anyways just 4 more days to go....all the best !!!

mbaaspirant11 Says
oh ok, so that minime2 guy is a desi, thats disproves the invites by country / nationality theory 😞 , anyways just 4 more days to go....all the best !!!

2-3 hours more to go ... * bites nails *

hey did u guys hear anything yet? haven't seen any mail till now nor nything on GC. I think I'll just go to sleep and chk tmrw morn

Dinged!!!!!

got my invite, anyone else got it?

Hey MBAaspirant,

Can you post your profile? Because you seem to be getting invites from everywhere dude.

Congrats. Gr8 work.

Regards
Prashant

mbaaspirant11 Says
got my invite, anyone else got it?

Since there is no other thread for Fall 2011 admissions to Wharton, I hope this thread can also be used for soliciting some help on the application process too.

After discussing with some of my friends and going thru the Wharton website, I was really itching to apply for it but what kind of demotivated me was - "Average work-ex of the class being 6 years for Full-time MBA"!!. This came as a surprise to me as I never expected such high avg experience in US b-schools. I will complete 3.5 years in Dec-10. I understand that nobody can judge if I am fit enough to apply by just knowing the no. of years of exp, without looking at my appli in totality but what I wanted to understand what would be the expectations of an applicant with this low experience?

Dinged too...

Congratulations mbaaspirant11!

Thanks.
@prashant, ya I am so thrilled that I got invites from all places that I applied to which was quite unexpected. Have posted my brief profile at quite a few places, but it here it goes again,
First of all I am not a "dude" :P
F / IIT / 740 / 5 yrs IB (outsourcing) - in a team lead / managerial role for last 2 yrs

I am sorry but my memory aint that amazing and I am too lazy to track the previous posts. Where all did you get a call from, mbaaspirant11?

Thanks.
@prashant, ya I am so thrilled that I got invites from all places that I applied to which was quite unexpected. Have posted my brief profile at quite a few places, but it here it goes again,
First of all I am not a "dude" :P
F / IIT / 740 / 5 yrs IB (outsourcing) - in a team lead / managerial role for last 2 yrs

Way to go mbaaspirant11.....

So its HBS, Wharton and Kellog right? Awesome

Regards
Prashant

@Why, got calls from H, W and K in the US (as prashant correctly mentioned) and LBS, Insead in europe.
@prashant, seems like you are very good at tracking posts :)
wish me luck guys!!, right now I am quite psyched up as I hardly have time to prepare with interviews starting this friday