Welingkar:Which Programs Are Worth Applying

Dear Puys, I have started this new thread in order to know about which courses are worth applying at Welingkar Mumbai and Bangalore. Currently the intake in the various courses is as follows: ďťżCourse Mumbai Bangalore Total PGDBM 150…

Dear Puys,

I have started this new thread in order to know about which courses are worth applying at Welingkar Mumbai and Bangalore. Currently the intake in the various courses is as follows:

ďťżCourse Mumbai Bangalore Total
PGDBM 150 - 150
PGPeB 60 30 90
PGPMS - 30 30
PGDBM-Retail 30 - 30
PGPRM (Pantaloon) 30 30 60
PGPBD 45 - 45
Total 315 90 405

I am confused as to which all courses to apply for as only the PGDBM(150 seats) and PGDBM-Retail(30 seats) are recognised by AICTE and rest are autonomous courses. I want to ask that whether the other courses are worth applying or not?

Welingkar Seniors please show us the light.

My CAT percentile is 88.37.

Kindly answer the above query as most of us has to send the welingkar forms.

yeah seniors plz this and another query .... wat is the usual cutoff for ATMA ..... plz answer

Dear Puys,

I have started this new thread in order to know about which courses are worth applying at Welingkar Mumbai and Bangalore. Currently the intake in the various courses is as follows:

ďťżCourse Mumbai Bangalore Total
PGDBM 150 - 150
PGPeB 60 30 90
PGPMS - 30 30
PGDBM-Retail 30 - 30
PGPRM (Pantaloon) 30 30 60
PGPBD 45 - 45
Total 315 90 405

I am confused as to which all courses to apply for as only the PGDBM(150 seats) and PGDBM-Retail(30 seats) are recognised by AICTE and rest are autonomous courses. I want to ask that whether the other courses are worth applying or not?

Welingkar Seniors please show us the light.

My CAT percentile is 88.37.

Hi , This is Patrick. A lot of my GDPI students have secured admission to Welingkar last year. From what I hear from them, the best courses available at Welingkar are PGDBM and PGPeB. PGPeB is almost like PGDBM with additional courses on IT. The rest depends on your interest. Retail is expected to boom with all top Business houses moving into it. So it could be a decent option depending on the market scenario.

Home

hey...

though xat is not mentioned as acceptable under welingkar admissions... is there any outside chance o them acceptin xat ?
my score is 98 percentile n i was wonderin if i should give cet. i mailed them last month.. no reply as yet. CAT was disastrous.

thnx

hi,
i have got 86.27 percentile in cat and i am mtech with 76%.
i have lots certificates in extra curr. but not having work ex.
will i get a call from welingkar

hi
my cat score 86.27
mtech 76%
several cerificates in extra curr.
work ex 0 year
will i get call from wellingkar

Hey Seniors refering to the first post is it advisable to go for PGPeB as it is not approved by AICTE.

quoinacademy Kindly advice.

hi
my cat score 86.27
mtech 76%
several cerificates in extra curr.
work ex 0 year
will i get call from wellingkar

Hi Piyush,
Welingkar does not focus too much on written test. They give calls even to students who get low scores. So I do not see a problem in u getting a call. But since they give so many calls GD and PI becomes critical.
So do expect a call from Welingkar (this is based on past data)

Hey Seniors refering to the first post is it advisable to go for PGPeB as it is not approved by AICTE.

quoinacademy Kindly advice.

Hi targetmba,

As long as u r not planning to do a PhD or u r not planning to go abroad and study further, AICTE recognition does not make a big difference. The placements in PGPeB is on par with their regular PG course.

Hi targetmba,

As long as u r not planning to do a PhD or u r not planning to go abroad and study further, AICTE recognition does not make a big difference. The placements in PGPeB is on par with their regular PG course.

HI DERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i'm very much confused............ hv a 89.66%le in CAT . howz GD/PI to crack at WELINGKAR ? do they give preference to ppl with WORK-EX ?????
& watz my chance if gettin a call through CAT ????

also watz thwe scene of intrntnl placements at WELINGKAR ,if any ????????

PLZZZZZZZZZ SHARE SUM GYAN:grab:

hi
does welingkar accept CAT pc in 70s. one o my frd s got 72 percentile n i ve got jus 78 pc... will my xat score (98 pc) be useful for welingkar? i haven applied yet. only if they will accept my xat score will i buy the appl kit. please reply
thnx
abhi

hi seniors,
As disclosed in the mandetory disclosure of the institute,the total marks are 300(including all gd nd pi points).can anyone tell me what is the marks needed in total outof 300,to get admission in wellingkar.waiting for ur reply.

nd percentile in cat is 93%
verbal-97
quant-91
di-64
can i get a call from wellingkar with this score in di.

hi seniors,
As disclosed in the mandetory disclosure of the institute,the total marks are 300(including all gd nd pi points).can anyone tell me what is the marks needed in total outof 300,to get admission in wellingkar.waiting for ur reply.

nd percentile in cat is 93%
verbal-97
quant-91
di-64
can i get a call from wellingkar with this score in di.

Hi Lovesai,

Possibly yes, welingkars consider a lot of things before the call,

Please also post ur other acads and work ex, extra curri,

This can help to get a clear pic.

Ask me 93 % is GOOD, at least for a call.

Vic
hi
does welingkar accept CAT pc in 70s. one o my frd s got 72 percentile n i ve got jus 78 pc... will my xat score (98 pc) be useful for welingkar? i haven applied yet. only if they will accept my xat score will i buy the appl kit. please reply
thnx
abhi

Hi,

98%tile in XAT !!!!!!!!!!!

I think you should go ahead,

With good acads and some work ex , you may even crack welingkar

BeOfLuck

Vic
HI DERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i'm very much confused............ hv a 89.66%le in CAT . howz GD/PI to crack at WELINGKAR ? do they give preference to ppl with WORK-EX ?????
& watz my chance if gettin a call through CAT ????

also watz thwe scene of intrntnl placements at WELINGKAR ,if any ????????

PLZZZZZZZZZ SHARE SUM GYAN:grab:

Hi,

Please see the welingkar break up of marks

out of 300, only 100 are for written test,

So 200 marks can be gained with good GD/ PI , acads and extra curri

What Say!!!

Also check this link out for all your Queries (page 8 has break up of marks)
http://220.226.205.125/neo/welingkar/pg_app_07_09/FAQs_07_09.pdf

VIC
hi ppl...

my overall xat score is... 83.22 with 10 months work-x in it mnc
lr - 86.xx
va - 68.xx
di - 76.xx
din get a call from liba,xime n gim....
please tell me sm decent institutes to apply... asap cuz las dates mus b arond da corner....
P.S : see if ne1 can tell me bout cut-offs n value of itm(mumbai) n welingkar

one of my friends dint give any entrance exam ( cat / cet /atma ) & nw he wana go 4 welingkar...he even ready for management seat....

bt do weli accept him for mgmt seat without any entrance given

Hey seniors,can u provide me any information about management seats in wellingkar.nd if there is any such seats available,then please tell me what is the cost to join in such seats(Toatal Fees).nd in general what is the total amount we have to pay including every expense in wellingkar.waiting for ur reply.