Welingkar GD/PI Experiences 2009

Hey puys, Since the GD/PI session starts from tomorrow for the process of admission to Welingkar for 2009-2011 batch, here’s a forum to discuss the GD/PI Experiences. Last year’s posts of exp were very helpful for me and hence hope this…

Hey puys,

Since the GD/PI session starts from tomorrow for the process of admission to Welingkar for 2009-2011 batch, here's a forum to discuss the GD/PI Experiences.

Last year's posts of exp were very helpful for me and hence hope this time all the people have their GD/PI's in Delhi and Bangalore would share with us...

Kindly ensure there isn't any spamming here, and only post your GD/PI experiences..

All the best!!

For the benefit of everyone concerned, please keep the format like this:

PROFILE:

Acads:
X
XII
Undergrad Major - GPA/%age

Work-Ex:
NIL/Sector - Number of Years

CAT %ile:
XAt%ile:
MH-CET%ile:
ATMA%ile:

Any other special thing abt u:

GD:
Topic:
Number of Ppl present
Time:
Brief Snapshot of Discussion:
Other Salient Details: As whether summary was asked to be written or not, Time given, and other stuff.

PI:
Panel Members Intro:
Questions:

Picture Analysis:
Psychometric test:
MISC.
Any other relevant detail.

Request:
1. Kindly do not post anything other than your experiences .
2. For appreciating an interview post use thank button, or if you want to show more, use PM.

All in all, keep this thread for what is meant!

Hi friends had my GD PI today @ blore first GD group First person to go to interview first person to take pshycometric test and FIRST one to come out (Hoping that i will also turn out to be the first person to get selected ).
Reached there on time. Good buildings. Well organised. Registered my number and was asked to wait @ the waiting room.We were given a bag with a mini broschure and food. Everyone in 8.30 batch Was taken from there to the official regi desk to validate the ORIGINAL score cards, WE Admit Card and work ex certies and were given a small yellow card with our form number on it.(In case u dont have the orginal ls call them up and confirm what to do..I am not sure abt that since no one had that issue in my batch) YOU NEED to take a copy of your XAT/CAT or both if u have written both , copy of work ex certies and the admit card (original) and all these originals to register. Those w/o copy were asked to submit one b4 leaving and those w/o work exp certi were asked to submit it by tuesday there it self. Once registered we were taken for a presentation by WE school students/professors.
PPT was basically the same stuff as in the broschure. And one new info that came out was regarding the placements of this season. Highest pay of 14 L(Donno if its Intl or local only) and they said avg close to last yr(mmm) . There was a questionnare session after that answered by the Director which was really refreshing energetic and cool......Then we were split into 2 groups of 12 each and taken to GD.

PROFILE:
Name: SK
VENUE: WE-BLORE 18th April- 8.30 am
Acads:
X : 91
XII: 92
Undergrad Major - 77% in EC , Btech

Work-Ex: 20 months work ex in IT major
CAT %ile: 88
XAt%ile: 94

Any other special thing abt u:
Achievements:
Represented NCC airwing in National level trekking expedition.
Final yr project converted into a paper and submitted in an international summit.
Convener of my College event.

GD:
Topic: Business ethics in today's market economy and future
Number of Ppl present 12
Time: 20 mins
Brief Snapshot of Discussion: Discussion was okay for me, could have been better. Wanted to start but was a split sec late. was not that an impressive start by that person. Some good points in all. People were meddling too much with satyam and INDIA. I tried to take it to a global perspective. One guys was trying to be diff going to say that don't look at -ves of ethics.Ethics is not that important and cannot be forced and all. IT was a nice point but he kept on saying the same thing at diff stages of the GD making it a trite. Nontheless he was successful in engaging 2-3 people on a 1-1 chat with him:nono:.. All in all was okay sort of GD. I chipped in with some points later as people started to run out of steam . But could have been better. Didn't go into a fish market situation. A few people didn't talk much.

PI:
Panel Members Intro: Nandini mam and Sudheep/Sandheep(Not sure abt the name, sorry sir )
Questions: I had written about Futrure plans to join Automobile industry and my love for F1 and Ferrari in particular. Role models as my Mother and Micheal Schumacher.

1. Where u from??(TVM)
2. How an when u came ?
3.Where u staying?
4. Have u been to blore b4?
Told my Bro used to stay here. and worked in TCS.
5. Would u like to join his company on finishing MBA ?
NO
6. Y not? U already have IT exp ?
I am not interested in going back to IT field. Would like to switch to automobile/transportation sector:p
7.Why automobile??what is so interesting in it??
Blah blah blah...
8. Tell me abt ur interest in F1 and how long? What is so interesting in it?
Epitome of racing and sports. Breeding ground for all modern technologies in passenger cars........
9. How do u see the current situation in F12009 after all the rule changes?? Mind you that sir knew really lot abt F1..me too ;)
Intersting situ with smaller teams coming up to challenge ....
10.Lots of questions regarding my role models
a.What is so much there in Schumi? Explain?

Good team making skills, desire and energy to win. Was a son of a baker and when onto become world famous coz of his dedication ,work and brains!! ....
b.Why ur mom?
Told:)
11.a. What will happen if your wife will come up one day and does'nt thinks so that ur mom is not a role model ?? what will u do?? interesting
Told her that wont happen. I am confident of my judgmental abilities will be able to select such a woman only who is compassionate and understanding . She will be able to undersstand my life and my choices etc
b.What if she is not convinced?
I told there is no such question arising!!! But they insisted on a particular answer. I told IF such a situ arises i ll defi try convincing her which is quiet easy. ANd after all if nothing works out i m sure my mom will be able to win over her heart!!!!
c. SO they asked Will u convince her or is it ur moms duty?? :nono:
(Ohh ohh...havent they had enuf) Told it is not like that ..she will be understanding...and ONLY IF she is not there arises a need for me and at the last a dire need for mom to win over heart//LOL
12. Why MBA?
Q. Tell me abt ur work wht u do, wat is release mgmt?
told..
13. Why automobile industry now..
y not earlier?Y i took Electronics not mechanical during Btch etc

I told EC was huge hit at that time. More over it gave me a mgr more insight into what is happening @ the background of a industry.....

14. The reasons u gave for Y MBA is so common? Y is it so? Every one says so that they need to learn
etc..
blah blah...
15. Still y do u prefer MBA?? Y not some other higher studies??

:nono:
16. Why F1 What is so special in it? What if one day there is no F1 happening?:nono:

(NO way omg i cant imagine) I told them as it is..i cant see a racing future w/o it. It will exists in one way or other. Other wise ther is of course other races.Formula3000, MotoGP etc..

17.Why only F1 not other motor sports.. what has been its contribution to Auto industry.
Is it eco friendly? isn't it waste of money and bad on env? etc etc

Told abt how it was not,,told abt the business, ecological and technological aspects of it.

GUYS ONE SIMPLE RULE IF U HAVE WRITTEN ANYTHING IN THAT FORM BE READY TO ANSWER ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING THAT IS RELATED TO IT!!

18. Picture analysis of a pic with many children in it. A few were having a few coins with them other were having some marbles in their hand, was asked to say a story abt it...i said an analysis not a story though

19. WAS asked to explain the diff expressions of the children in the picture.

20. Asked abt my Paper on final yr project(Mine was a volumetric analysis of brain scans u

sing C++).

21.What it was? What was my role in it?
Practicality..duration. Who's idea it was? (My faculties) etc

22. Name few contributions of F1 to passenger car technology:
TOld DISC brakes, Paddle shifts, seamless gear shift tech, ABS, in future expecting KERS etc

23. Then we had a few mins discussion regarding transportation and future transportation technologies etc THANS to DISCOVERY channel ;)
That's is u can leave- Thankyou!!

THen came the pshycometric test: 75 questions in 30 min(not a big deal)
It is basically a charecter test. So no use learnign the questions and going with a prepared answer. Pick the one that strikes ur mind. I personally believe they try to chek the consistency in ur charecter by this test. It mainly consited of a few type of questions worded in different ways:
1. Do u have stage fright: this was the basic question and this was asked at various points as a.Are u afraid of suddenly addressing large crowds? b. Do u shy away from crowd? c. How is like to suddenly become the center of attraction in a party? etc
2. DO u like taking socially responsible projects/posts?
3. Are u extrovert or introvert?
And questions like that worded differently!!! Just answer acco to what u are.. Dont try to cook up based on the question, they can easily catch u:nono:

That's all.. Process started by 9 and i got out by 11!!!
Was well arranged. It is not mandatory that all of u need to have picture analysis. It depends on the panel. Overall it was cool and nice PI experience especially!!

Got back to my frnds house to give u the first exp(after the chinese GP qualifying, was praying to make it back home on time to watch it :D)...Now back home at TVM giving u the full exp...

PLEASE KEEP THIS THREAD FOR POSTING GD/PI EXP ONLY
ADB to one an all

Update: unfortunately didn't find my name on the list.. 😞 Couldn't figure out y yet! Regards
SK

Hi Guys ,

Can you please post physometric questions as well while describig your experiences.
I believe if every one of us puts even 2 -3 questions we can compile the entire set of paper .

Thanx is advance

hey guys
here is only one person experience.ploease other puys also post ur exp.

Hi All,
I had My GD PI on 18th in Bangalore. Overall the process was very smooth and very well managed. As soon as I reached the campus, there was a registration desk in which all of us had to resgister our name and then they had given us a welcome kit with snacks. Then we proceeded to a waiting room where the seniors told us how to arrange the papers and they were very helping. Later we were taken to a presentation room where things were told abt the college and later the Director came and told his plans for the Bangalore campus . Then we 12 of us were taken to a GD room where the topic given to us was
" Should it be made compulsory for the Professional students like Medicine to go and serve in the rural areas ".
The GD process was smooth and the best part was that it was not a fish market. Most of them shared their ideas and those who cudn were given time @ the last by the panelist. Then they told one to conclude the GD.

Then was our turn for PI. This process was a bit lengthy as it was post lunch so things were not moving fast as expected. My turn came after 2 hours and PI was for 20 min. The interviewer mainly asked me question about what i had written in the form . So guys be prepared to answer all such stuffs as to y u have written such things in the form. Then was some normal questions such as why MBA , why Welingkar. Later a puzzle was given to me and i succeded in solving that.
As soon as the PI was over , we were moved to a computer lab where psychometric test was beind held. It was a 30 min xam in which we needed to answer 75 question.

Overall the process was smooth and I keep my fingers crossed till the results are out...

BEST OF LUCK TO OTHERS WHO ARE YET TO GIVE THIER INTERVIEW.;)

Hi Guys ,

Can you please post physometric questions as well while describig your experiences.
I believe if every one of us puts even 2 -3 questions we can compile the entire set of paper .

Thanx is advance

Physco test is nothing yaare...it is very simple like waht u will do in this situation etc. DOnt get tensed on that...After all wats the use of getting all the questions dude?? U are wanna be managers arent u supposed to find them out ... Dont worry its very very simple. Trust me. ALSO PLEASE DO NOT SPAM THIS THREAD WITH THANKYOUS AND UNNECESSARY QUESTIONS. PLEASE KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE FOR POSTING ONLY GD/PI EXPERIENCES..PLSS IT WILL BE USEFUL FOR ALL. OTHERS will post he exp,just let them get home. give some time :p. AND ONE IMPORTANT INFO BE THROUGH WITH WHAT U HAVE WRITTEN IN THE FORM. For Most of the people majority of the questions are from that only. I have updated my experience with all details that i can garner... nice to be back home

ADB and pls don spam this thread :)
Sk

any info about the results date?

PROFILE:

Acads:
X - 82.6
XII -71
b.tec- 61

Work-Ex:2 yrs
NIL/Sector - Number of Years

CAT %ile:87.6
XAt%ile:86.7

GD:
Topic: dont remember exact words. but the topic was
now a days indian youth are more globalised and less indian.

Number of Ppl present - around 13 i guess
Time: 20 min
Brief Snapshot of Discussion: it was in 3 parts. first 1 min to think . next 20 min to discuss. last 1 min to summarize

gd was not like a fish market. everyone had some chance to speak. i feel could have done much better.

PI:
Panel Members Intro: there were 2 panelists, and were really cool. no stress interview.

Questions:
1) tell something about yourself.
2) asked about any extracirricular activities - i told about some mini project done for national level competitions. they asked me in little bit detail about the project.

3)asked about the qualities of a leader.
after i told some qualities, they tried to grill me on that. gave some reasoning for what i told them, and they went for next question.

4) some weird question. you are alone with aiswarya rai in a room, what is the first question that you would ask her.. ?? jus gave some answer.

5)they asked me if i could tell some 5 different examples of wheels.
gave about 3 examples which included autombiles. they tried to help me saying it could be a car wheel and so on . I told them these are already included in the autombiles category . they said ok.

6) asked about a question, if i was an architect and i was given to make a plan or an outlay , given the information about the number of rooms. after the cu comes and says that they didnt like the plan. then what would you do. where lies the problem.?? i couldnt give them a clear answer... which i felt bad... could have done much better.

on the whole they are really cool(in my case donno if it might be the same with all of them), if you dont know an answer they are trying to answer it.

Picture Analysis: gave some picture of icehockey where people were in a laid down pose. asked me to create a story. just told them what i observed.
Psychometric test: just a simple test, be honest that would do it.

only thing is right from the starting whatever you talk, you should be confident abt that. because at times they try to ask u in detail abt whatever you talk.

***** donno if this post might help u, but i think it would giv u a picture of how the process goes..****
Physco test is nothing yaare...it is very simple like waht u will do in this situation etc. DOnt get tensed on that...After all wats the use of getting all the questions dude?? U are wanna be managers arent u supposed to find them out ... Dont worry its very very simple. Trust me. ALSO PLEASE DO NOT SPAM THIS THREAD WITH THANKYOUS AND UNNECESSARY QUESTIONS. PLEASE KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE FOR POSTING ONLY GD/PI EXPERIENCES..PLSS IT WILL BE USEFUL FOR ALL. OTHERS will post he exp,just let them get home. give some time :p. AND ONE IMPORTANT INFO BE THROUGH WITH WHAT U HAVE WRITTEN IN THE FORM. For Most of the people majority of the questions are from that only. I have updated my experience with all details that i can garner... nice to be back home

ADB and pls don spam this thread :)
Sk

can u plz tell us what was the puzzle that was asked to you ?

and abt spoon feeding of psycometric questions i could have written a lot of gyaan (managerial types ) but i statify with wht you say :):)

Hi Puys,

I had my GD/PI on 18th,1:30 slot.
As soon as i reached,i was told to register my name,then we waited in the waiting room.

PROFILE:
Name: [email protected]
VENU: WE-BLORE 18th April- 1.30 pm
Acads:
X : 65
XII: 78
Undergrad Major - 68% in EEE , Btech

Work-Ex: 10 months work ex in IT major as Software Engineer
XAt%ile: 92

GD:
Number of Ppl present 12
Time: 20 mins
My GD topic was: Professionals such as people pursuing medicine should work in rural areas,should that be made mandatory?

As soon as the moderator finished reading out the topic,one of the guy started,not even few seconds gap :nono:.Overall the Gd was good,though it became a kind of fish market once or twice,it came back under control.
I could contribute a few points to the GD.
At the end moderators told a few ppl to speak since they could not hear them in the GD and told one person to conclude..

PI:
coming to the interview part of it,my interview was very cool

there were 2 members in the panel,a lady(L) and a gentleman(G)

They asked me to sit and the G cracked jokes about the snackbox they provided and askedif i had lunch.
what was ur Gd topic and how it went?
Blah..Blah
What is ur opinion about the topic?
I gave my opinion and he asked further q on y i feel that way?
Tell me about yourself?
Then he asked me questions on my strengths and weakness.
blah blah...
Then why mba and specifically why HR
Blah...blah.....
And some questins on like how many frnds do u have etc etc(told them i was a extrovert kind of girl so....)
Blah..Blah..
Then they asked me my fav novel(my hobby)
Blahh,,blah....
Now critique ur fav novel :shock:
I was searching 4 some points and finally managed it......
Why do u like his novels?coz of the masalas and controversies?
Blah...Blah....
How do u keep up with current affairs?
Blah..Blah
what do u think of women in politics.....?
Blah..Blah...
Name one woman politician whom u think is good n y?
Blahh...Blah..

And as far as i rem that was it.Overall it was cool no grilling,i did not feel uncomfortable even for 1 moment.The panel was very pleasant and always smiling,so even i gave them the same reaction

I thanked them they thanked me n i came out
No Puzzles n No picture analysis

Then came pshycho test.
Some questions deciding the type of person u r.

So puys.prepare urself 4 ques from the appl u have filled n be confident.
ATB

What about the workex certificate ... if the company has not issued any .. then ??
Are they not accepting confirmation letter and last salary slips?

What about the workex certificate ... if the company has not issued any .. then ??
Are they not accepting confirmation letter and last salary slips?

Yes,I gave a photocopy of my joining letter and last 2 months salary slips.
can u plz tell us what was the puzzle that was asked to you ?

and abt spoon feeding of psycometric questions i could have written a lot of gyaan (managerial types ) but i statify with wht you say :):)

hi guys who all hav had their gd-pi, can u pls tell wat if u dnt hav original score card copy of mah-cet...i think they hav nt send u any hard copies of ur score card, its only available on their website....so the print out of that shd work???

secondly , since i have my left my job, so i hav work exp certi..would that work alone or i need to carry my latst salary slip???

Is the psycho test MCQ type or is it subjective??

Guys pls grow up!! Work exp certi means pls take if u have one issued form company!! If u dont have take the offer/admit card and salary slips tat will do.TAKE photostats of the same also, Better carry the salary slips also(just in case :))

Also for score cards if u they havent issued a hard copy , u can only carry a soft copy na!!!!!!! Do carrry it for sure

AND in case u have any doubts do call up WE. THey can surely help you. After all they are the people who call the shots!

And dont worry abt phsometric testss...its nothing.NO NEED of any preparation for it. It is meant to check ur charecter only. After all u cant change it ina day na!!Go prepare for ur Gd and PI ,with everything u have written in ur form.Mind u they ask a lot of questions from the form!!

All of us are wannabe managers na...Try to find out thinngs atleast small one by urselves....PLEAASEEEE REFRAIN FROM SPAMMING THIS THREAD.. THIS THREAD IS ONLY FOR SHARING GD/PI EXPERIENCES ... u can ask other question in welingar gd/pi shortlist thread please....PLEASE read older posts b4 repeating same questions and pls do grow up..NOM

Yes,I gave a photocopy of my joining letter and last 2 months salary slips.

did they ask u to submit the original workex certificate later.

hi guyz!
cud u plz tell me wat is the weghtage of different sections in welinkar namely
1.cat/xat score
2. pi
3.gd
4.psychromatric test
5.picture perception...

please help guys......
:|

hi guyz!
cud u plz tell me wat is the weghtage of different sections in welinkar namely
1.cat/xat score
2. pi
3.gd
4.psychromatric test
5.picture perception...

please help guys......
:|

Read it in the book that came with the forw when u bought it. all is mentioned clearly. plz keep this thread for gdpi exp guys