Welingkar Business Design (2013-2015) Queries

Hi Aspirants!! We know we are late on the bus, but better late than never. We know you have lot of queries about the course so go ahead and shoot. We promise to answer as many questions as quickly as possible. Please post your queries re…

Hi Aspirants!!

We know we are late on the bus, but better late than never. We know you have lot of queries about the course so go ahead and shoot. We promise to answer as many questions as quickly as possible.

Please post your queries regarding the admission process and the course details on this thread.

This thread will be specific to Welingkar's Business Design Program.

Regards

The Welingkar Business Design Team
(Follow @WelBD on Twitter)

Some queries we know you may have, so have a look at these links before asking the same questions:

Details on the course can be found here: Business Design at WeSchool

Selection Process: http://www.welingkar.org/welingkar/v1/app-pg-2013-15/selection_process_13-15.pdf

FAQ's: http://www.welingkar.org/Welingkar/v1/Programmes/pdfs/FAQ_2013-2015.pdf

Average Package: 7 Lakhs
Fees: 3,30,000 pa (hostel fees is not included in this)

Follow us on www.twitter.com/welbd or www.facebook.com/wesbd

The Business Design Team

What is the cut off for wellingkar in general for both PGDM n buisness design

What is the cut off for wellingkar in general for both PGDM n buisness design

cut off ???

@WelBD
I have 80.35 percintile in xat
82 in Xth
85 in 12th
73 in B.tech...........do i have a good chance for welingkar????
@mouna1790 @jessica16 There is no general cut off as students are selected on basis of the Exam scores, PI's, and other course relevant tests that they go through on the GD PI day. So even if you have scored low on one of these, you can make up for it in the other sections.
@nipunronaldo7 Your academic performance looks pretty good. However, we cannot say what chances you have of getting into Welingkar. As the selection process looks at various other aspects (mentioned in my earlier reply) and not just your marks.
@dumb4cat Yes.
CMAT feb- yet to appear
Xll- 90%
X- 82%
btech- 70%
10 months work exp.
what are my chances in wellingkar?
do they accept feb CMAT score?
What is the cut off %?
How should i submit application form with out getting a score card?? these are the questions running in my mind. some one pls suggest me :-)
@dumb4cat It will be best if you drop in to Welingkar and talk to one of the counselors on the first floor about this. Since you are sending multiple applications, there are chances of some confusion. So we would suggest talking to them and clarifying this doubt personally.

Regards,
Business Design Team

Does WeSchool accept AIMA-MAT score?

@WelBD ,hi could you please shed some light on the course itself? the main components and what its all about as it sounds interesting ,plus some info on the career prospects would be great!
Thanks a lot !

@urshitha Like we said, the course is nothing like any of the other courses offered by any other colleges. It was created by great vision by our Director way back. It helps teach students apply the design thinking process in business management situations. It inculcates the intuitive thinking of a designer and the analytical thinking of a CEO in the students.

The trimesters are theme based. For more on the trimester and subjects in each of them check this out: http://welingkar.org/Welingkar/v1/Programmes/pgdm_Curriculum_Structure.asp?br=2ยงion=Programs

BD also focuses on creating entrepreneurs rather than just people who would work for corporates.

Hope this is helpful. Would be happy to answer any more doubts.

Thanks,

The Business Design Team
@WelBD ,thank you for the elucidate explanation!
i would like to know what is a vertical? is it like a specialization ?
thanks in advance!
@WelBD Is AIMA-MAT score accepted by WeSchool??
My mat 800/800 %ile 99.94

Hello!
X - 79.14

XII - 71.14
Grad - 63.06
XAT - 74.36
CMAT - 160 (score)

Should I expect a call for GD/PI ?
Slim chance or no chance?
Please help!

Heyy..!!

X-83.4
XII- 75
GRAD- 81
CMAT- 240
WORK EX- 30 MONTHS IN L&T.......;
WHAT ARE MY CHANCES OF GETTING A CALL?? ....

what is the date of shortlisting of candidates?