Welingkar Batch Of 2005-2007 (pgp E-biz And Pgdbm)

Hey Guys! A New Thread For All Those Who Have Got Thru 2 Welingkar, E Biz As Well As Pgdbm! Lets Rock This Thread!!! Share Ur Views, Plans And Queries!!! Byee!!!

Hey Guys!
A New Thread For All Those Who Have Got Thru 2 Welingkar, E Biz As Well As Pgdbm! Lets Rock This Thread!!! Share Ur Views, Plans And Queries!!!
Byee!!!

cmon! lets make this link happening!

hi!!

Just to keep everyone updated. I have passed out of the PGPeB course in 2005. SO the newbies may not see me around campus much. Am available here for any queries.

- Adi

hi!!

Just to keep everyone updated. I have passed out of the PGPeB course in 2005. SO the newbies may not see me around campus much. Am available here for any queries.

- Adi

hey Adi, plz help me. a friend of mnine has secured admission in PGPeB program. He is not sure abt the placements. So if u cud give some insight into the placements fr this course, it wud be really helpful.
thanx

plz reply ASAP..
hey Adi, plz help me. a friend of mnine has secured admission in PGPeB program. He is not sure abt the placements. So if u cud give some insight into the placements fr this course, it wud be really helpful.
thanx

plz reply ASAP..

Read my post on the placements in Mumbai Institutes or ask him to mail me.

- Adi

Hello

I am in for PGDBM
Cet Percentile : 90
Acads : B.Com, CA

See you soon

hey me thru for the PGDBM course!!
looking fwd to get to know u guys...!
adi.. can u pls throw some lite on the hostel accomodation ..?

hey guyz!
me into e biz!!

guess lasy yrs record of jus 1 pg gettin thru at welingkar is broken!

anyways have posted my profile on the other welingkar thrd

cheers

jay

hey me thru for the PGDBM course!!
looking fwd to get to know u guys...!
adi.. can u pls throw some lite on the hostel accomodation ..?

Hostel acco. is available on a first-come-first-serve basis. Preference is given to outstation candidates.

The girls hostels are with a 5-7 min. walking distance from the campus while the boys is the older campus arnd 2 kms. away.

- Adi

hey adi! congrats for passing out! hope u have a good time at ur workplace, which if i remember correctly is TCS!
also here's the query again........

adi...... query?
Quote:
Originally Posted by adits_pg
yep. the ebiz course is not aicte recognized. there are three reasons for this.
1. if my knowledge is correct, at least 3 batches hv to pass out. mine is the third batch
2. aicte approval means that the quick changes in syllabus and subjects tht is required and is a hallmark of the course will not be possible.
3. the college itself is approved, so we have the procedures in place for approval.
n e way, the course was born outta industry requirements andd hence it does not make any difference with palcements.
so, unless u planning to do a Ph.D. which means u will hv to do a recognized PG course, it has no effect.
As regards the laptop, its ur own, so is an investment tht u can use longer than the course.
All I can say is that if u make proper use of it, its quite worth the additional cost.
- Adi

hey adi! just one query! can some1 who has got into pgpe-biz change over 2 pgdbm now? since u said that the merit closing for e biz is higher than pgdbm, then shouldn't this b possible??? also by wen does the college plan 2 get the approval for e-biz? since urs wld b the third batch, would our batch get an aicte approved degree???
byee!!!

hey adi...

i m thru for pgdm....is there any of ur fren who has passed out from pgdm.?if yes then please give me his mail or whtever so tht all pgdm queries can be directed to him....

hey guyz

almost 8-10 ppl frm pg are thru to welingkar!! would like to request all of em to keep oistin regularly... so we can all knw each other more better!!!

also outstation students havin queries can post......so we can help each other!!

cheers
Jay

hi all, just to remind u i too have got into PGPe-Biz......

Thanks Adi for the info abt AICTE...

As u said urs is the 3rd batch....so can we expect the course to be AICTE recognized for our batch? I am sure the authorities must be doing something abt this....

Hey wats the placement scenario with PGPe-biz?

Hi,
I ve got into PGPeBz course at Welingkars..
I m already working as a software engineer for abt a yr now..
i m a lil apprehensive abt taking up the course..
what will be my job profile n job prospects 2 yrs from now..
Plz lemme knw..thnx in advance..

hi!!

- Adi

I see more people for the e-biz course rather than PGDBM... but nonetheless its alright :D

Adi laptop is compulsary or are there any exceptions... just a query .. i already have one so not much of an issue anyways .. but probably for some others who are wondering

Hi juee,

Me too in a similar situation...

Havnt made up my mind yet....

Looks like the seniors might be able to guide us...

Hi,
I ve got into PGPeBz course at Welingkars..
I m already working as a software engineer for abt a yr now..
i m a lil apprehensive abt taking up the course..
what will be my job profile n job prospects 2 yrs from now..
Plz lemme knw..thnx in advance..
hey guyz

almost 8-10 ppl frm pg are thru to welingkar!! would like to request all of em to keep oistin regularly... so we can all knw each other more better!!!

also outstation students havin queries can post......so we can help each other!!

cheers
Jay

HEY RIGHTLY SAID JAY!
for those ppl who r not frm mumbai, fell free 2 ask us for any queries as i and jay are frm mumbai!
byee!!!
hey adi! congrats for passing out! hope u have a good time at ur workplace, which if i remember correctly is TCS!
also here's the query again........

adi...... query?
Quote:
Originally Posted by adits_pg
yep. the ebiz course is not aicte recognized. there are three reasons for this.
1. if my knowledge is correct, at least 3 batches hv to pass out. mine is the third batch
2. aicte approval means that the quick changes in syllabus and subjects tht is required and is a hallmark of the course will not be possible.
3. the college itself is approved, so we have the procedures in place for approval.
n e way, the course was born outta industry requirements andd hence it does not make any difference with palcements.
so, unless u planning to do a Ph.D. which means u will hv to do a recognized PG course, it has no effect.
As regards the laptop, its ur own, so is an investment tht u can use longer than the course.
All I can say is that if u make proper use of it, its quite worth the additional cost.
- Adi

hey adi! just one query! can some1 who has got into pgpe-biz change over 2 pgdbm now? since u said that the merit closing for e biz is higher than pgdbm, then shouldn't this b possible??? also by wen does the college plan 2 get the approval for e-biz? since urs wld b the third batch, would our batch get an aicte approved degree???
byee!!!

aicte approved does not mean u get a degree. The college has processes in place for an approval but if u read my post carefully, I mentioned the problem it can create. n e way as it is with govt. organizations cant give u a proper timeframe.

changes between programs or centres will not be possible.

- Adi
I see more people for the e-biz course rather than PGDBM... but nonetheless its alright :D

Adi laptop is compulsary or are there any exceptions... just a query .. i already have one so not much of an issue anyways .. but probably for some others who are wondering

I wud recommend u have access to a laptop as u can then make use of the wireless network and be more effective. There is a practical constraint in using the computer lab in terms of number of computers and the time it is open for. Remember other than u guys thr are ppl like the part-timers who too use the computer facilities.

Besides, u may not get a laptop when u need it most urgently 'coz u hv to finish an assignment. This may not seem much but believe me this happens frequently.

- Adi