Welingkar's part time MBA 2008-2011

Join the MBA PArt time community for 2008-2011 batch on Orkut http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=43725320

Join the MBA PArt time community for 2008-2011 batch on Orkut

http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=43725320

Even i was one of the applicants for the PT MBA course in Welingkars. The written test was rather easy--I could complete my paper! I know its quite surprising to actually solve all questions in a competitive exam!

The GD was great...Our group's topic was "Disaster Management in India is a disaster in itself" PI again was cool..no difficult questions asked...but i am sure there was a catch in each question!

I am not sure about the cut-offs but if i compare my self with other applicants around me, i think i stand a good chance...the results are coming in 15 days...Let's hope for the best!

Join Welingkar Part Time MBA Community for 2008-2011 Batch on Orkut. Has information about Admission Procedure, GD/PI etc.

I am applying for HR. What about you?

I am applying for HR. What about you?

Join Welingkar Part Time MBA Community for 2008-2011 Batch on Orkut. Has information about Admission Procedure, GD/PI etc.

Hi Everyone,

Even I have appeared for the Part time MBA at Welingkars, have entered the first choice as MIM - Masters in Information. I did see it mentioned in the previous posts that the results are expected in less than 15 days, is that true?

The paper as you guys mentioned was pretty simple and GD , PI was also good.

Also, has anyone applied for Part time at JBIMS ? I am in a dilemma that if I get into both the institutes 😉 then which one should I go for. There are only 120 odd people who have applied for MIM in JBIMS.

When I had set out to do a Part time MBA, I was convinced that JB should be my 1st choice and Welingkars the 2nd one. However, looking at the professionalism at Welingkars and relaxed attitude of officials at JB , I am confused :oops:

Suggestions please ... MIM from JBIMS or Welingkars ?

Thanks in advance :smile:

Thanks for your inputs uk2k4u :-)

I completely agree with the points you have mentioned above. As I said earlier, I was impressed with the Professionalism in Welingkars and the lack of it in JB. Welingkars definately wins in Professionalism and Infrastructure. Any idea about faculty ? do lectures happen regularly at JB ? My main concern is where will I get more learning and support ....

JB's brand has more value but is it really worth it ...

I guess if I can talk to someone who is currently pursuing this course from either JB or Welingkars that will be of great help ...

Hello,
I wish to join part time MBA. But I have already missed Welingkar's admission process. Can you let me know about JB's admission process? Also, any opinion about ITM, Sion? :confused:
KJ Somaiya's admission process will begin on 21st Jan, '08.
I will appreciate if you guys could let me know about admission process of other institutes as well :thumbsup::razz:

Somaiya is good but i really don't know about their admission process. They do not even bother to keep their web site up-to-date. Really sick people!

As far as JBIMS and Welingkar's is concerned, apparently you missed it and I'm afraid there is no way of applying this year. You would need to wait for another year.

There are other colleges offering Part Time MBA. MBA in Bandra West is one of them and they have Saturday Sunday batch only as against the weekdays batch offered by other Colleges.

MET is just coming up, not a big name in the market though.

Hello,

Would you have any idea about ITM, Sion?

ITM.............eeeks don't even consider joining them. I do not think their course is recognized by Mumbai University.

anyway ITM doesn't have any brand value. plz do not spend ur money out there neha.

Somaiya is good. Neha, r u planning to do MBA in HR, marketing, Information Mgmt or finance?

Welcome to SIMSR

the fees mentioned seems to be annual fee right so we should consider the total fee to be 3rice the amt mentioned...right? any idea abt it?

and it seems the form wud be available online and at the time of submitting it, we need to make a pmt of 1550

ohh....then I believe I really do not have any options left except KJ Somaiya...:-(

I am not really concerned about the fees as all the part time MBAs cost anything between 1 - 1.5 lacs.

I am only bothered about the value of the degree in the corporate market as for me there are possibilities of flying out of india...

i am confused between marketing and information management...as information management seems to be very interesting however, marketing , i believe, will help me more in my job...

Information management has less competition and chances of getting admission is quite high. furthermore, it is quite IN these days..why not jump into the bandwagon...but marketing is the evergreen field...u decide on the one that u find the best...do not go by market study and all..whatever u feel like doing..do it...listen to ur heart..m sure u wud do well

Did not see the Page 2 before posting, Hence removing it 😃

what all are the fees for pt mba

Guys, apart from the schools mentioned in this post, I think NMIMS is the best for a part-time MBA. Each semister has very interesting subjects and from the feedback that i have got from ppl who are currently doinf Pt-MBA from there it seems that it is the best! I appeared for entrance exams for NMIMS and Welingkar...I just hope i get thru both