Welcome to IIMB!

Hiya ppl, Introduction. man is called prateek. well out here I am also called papa. (I’ll tell you why when you get here) I have been a part of pagalguy since I gave the cat which was in 2002 (ours didn’t leak u c). Then I got into IIMB …

Hiya ppl,

Introduction. man is called prateek. well out here I am also called papa. (I'll tell you why when you get here)

I have been a part of pagalguy since I gave the cat which was in 2002 (ours didn't leak u c). Then I got into IIMB and so here I am.

One remembered how lost one was after getting one's call from the iims. so one infers that one can do some service to pagalguy junta who face similar clouds of doubt.

Any queries related to IIMB that you may have please to post and they shall be answered. Actually any queries at all regarding whatever is left of the process I'd be glad to answer.

So ask away.
(Gimme some time cuz i have to look busy n all)

tata.

what do i do abt the recos..do they need to come from profs..or will my school teachers do?? they'll gimme glowing recos..my profs might not do that

Hi prats sir!

a very technical query... i had filled my iimb interview centre as bangalore originally... par this retest threw all my plans haywire and ab coming down to bangalore will be a real strain...

so, sir is thr any way to get my centre shifted ? *to kolkata*

plz reply

ranjan

Hey .. I have yet to get my letter but I gather from a friend of mine (who has got the letter already) that IIMB is asking for Class 11th marksheets as well :shock:
What are they upto ? I did my 11th a decade back ..don't even remember how my 11th marksheet looked like

For how long will the GDPI sessions last?For ex I have mine scheduled at 2 PM.Will it be possible for me to catch the 9:30 night train?

hi
will answer two of the queries myself.. I had cleared IIM B too.. so i can answer two of those.
1. U don't need class 11th marklist..at least wasn't needed in our year.....hell, i have never seen my class11th marks i think..
2. if ur GD/PI proces is scheduled to start at 2pm, u shud be able to catch the 9.30 pm rain easily....i got the 5.30 bus after that...
regards,
rakesh

Here goes:

what do i do abt the recos..do they need to come from profs..or will my school teachers do?? they'll gimme glowing recos..my profs might not do that
>>Get atleast one from ur profs. School teachers will do but they won't be as impressive as coming from a prof.
its ok if they aren't glowing. decently neutral is preyy ok.

is thr any way to get my centre shifted ?
>> This is gonna be pretty tough at this stage. Still I'll enquire about this tomorrow with the PGP Office and let you know. keep em fingers crossed.

IIMB is asking for Class 11th marksheets as well
>> If they are askin for it, they want it. what they do with it is something only they'll kno :-)
i didn't have my SYBsc marksheet while takin admission so i had to submit it before december.
Apply for a duplicate. Atleast you'll remember WHERE u did ur 11th from. :-)
relax...if u don't get it in time u won't be denied admission because of that. they always give you enuf time so that u can get a duplicate no matter how long it takes. but apply for it all the same.

For how long will the GDPI sessions last?For ex I have mine scheduled at 2 PM.Will it be possible for me to catch the 9:30 night train
>> Yes. They won't last that long. if u are called at 2 u'll probably start at 3 and finish max by 4 or 5. nobody is gonna keep u till 9. u'll have enuf time to freak out after the gd/pi :-)

Whew!
u guys move fast don't you!

cya,
pa.

will my school teachers do??

get one from ur school princi. othr than that..i'd suggest u go with ur college profs.. if u r an engineer, u can also try ur project guide of ur summer training

Hi sir !

is thr any way to get my centre shifted ?
>> This is gonna be pretty tough at this stage. Still I'll enquire about this tomorrow with the PGP Office and let you know. keep em fingers crossed.

thanx a lot sir !! i tried calling up the information cell but they never reply ...

ranjan
will my school teachers do??

get one from ur school princi. othr than that..i'd suggest u go with ur college profs.. if u r an engineer, u can also try ur project guide of ur summer training

ive bin under project training for just 15 days now ...... will a ref frm thr count?

Hii
Can u tell em where can i download the Application form from ? Couldnt find it newhere on the IIM B site.. I dont want to keep waiting for the form by post and then fill the form in haste... PLz reply ASAP.
Thanks !

hey neha,
someun wrote this in the iimb results thread:

Go to the PGP admissions page.From there go to the overseas admission section.
There u ll find links to the pdf as well as doc
files.

hope dat does it

Thanks ! got it 😃

IIMB is asking for Class 11th marksheets as well
>> If they are askin for it, they want it. what they do with it is something only they'll kno :-)

The form mentions the details are required only if you took board/univ exams in 11th. Some ppl have univ exams in Class 11th too.

Regards
Vishal

ne one here with a dilemna that they r working in some city now but did their engineering in some other city ?
so now we need to take a leave and go to our college and catch some decent prof who will give a decent reco .

Regards

Hi guys,
I've been working for 3 years with TCS now. Would recommedations from my clients be fine?? Am planning to get two from different clients and one from my boss...

shabbir

Hey guys @ IIM B..thnx for helping out the junta here......

Cant all the 3 reccos be from professional sphere ?!! I dont even remember my profs !!! (Other thn my cricket coach ) and im sure they aint gonna gimme even a decent recco incase im gonna barge into em anyday soon !! moreover i can't go all the way back to kerala for tht !!

over and above all these..do these reccos really matter ??! 😛

cheerio

suhas

hey prateek,
just a small query... can you send 4 reference letters as in get one photostated and send 4 letters....
would that be seen as an attempt to stand out coz i cannot decide as to whose of the 4 people's recos i should reject...
thanks
sulabh

hi...i have a coupla doubts regarding the letters of recommendation...

1. IIM-B requires the letters to be put in "sealed and signed" envelopes..here does seal mean an organization seal or is it just a closed envelope?
if the former, then it might very well happen that ex-bosses/profs/teachers have moved on to some other workplace thus rendering any useful seal unobtainable and any obtainable seal useless....whats the fix?

2. My professors in college are gonna laugh at me if i ask em for a recommendation cuz we have a mutual non-cooperation deal goin....so im gonna have to take atleast two recos frm school...n since ive done my schooling abroad, sending the letters n getting em frm there to blore might take more than a week.....the question is "while delays in the receipt of the application form may not be allowed, will there be any leeway as far as letters of recos are concerned?"

thats it for now...
thnx
John