Weightage of acads fr MS/MA

Hi Guys I know many of you people would have idea about applying to US fr MS …(although engg.) so if u could gimme some idea about the *weightage of academic scores *…I have pathetically low score in B.A( Hons.) in Economics and am thinki…

Hi Guys

I know many of you people would have idea about applying to US fr MS ..(although engg.) so if u could gimme some idea about the weightage of academic scores ...I have pathetically low score in B.A( Hons.) in Economics and am thinking to apply fr M.S/M.A in Eco ....will they understand that this course is verrrrry low scoring ................please enlighten

Cheers

Mohit

If u r applying to a good B-School for MS in economics, u shud have graduated with a degree having courses in economics, maths & stats etc (Which u have). Then u shud have good grades(Show them that u have!).. U can do this by showing that u were in top 5-10% of ur class. Try getting good recos... Good GRE/GMAT score..

- Pranay

hey.....c'mon guys...........

Please anybody reply to my query..

Cheers

Mohit

hi guys ..

it's evening crowd might be coming in now can some1 pls enlighten ,.........

thnx

Mohit

enjoymohit Says
if u could gimme some idea about the weightage of academic scores ...I have pathetically low score in B.A( Hons.) in Economics and am thinking to apply fr M.S/M.A in Eco ....will they understand that this course is verrrrry low scoring

Hmm...this would be dependent to a large extent on which universities you are apping to. In most cases, if the univs you are apping to have received applications from ppl who studied at the same college you did, they would have a better idea about the scoring patterns...

A low scoring record can be counteracted in two ways:

a) if your insti has a system of rank cards, this would go a long way to show the unis that your performance was good in relative terms.
b) a good GRE score. This I believe would be the most important if you have bad acads...again, this depends on how much weightage the insti gives the GRE...

All the best :).

Regards,
Mansur

hey thnx Mansur

hmm...i'll try and get a rank card....yeah i think that can help.......anybody with some more ideas.............

Cheers

Mohit

ye same problem one of my cousins faced when he has applied for LLM in south hamton.. he was a graduate in law and had average percentage of 55(3 yrs) ...which is decent in india cauz the univ doesnt give you marks ... so he was asked to get a letter from his principal stating the average scores are not on the higher side ... ie for over all. he did that but still is waitin for offer letter.. duno y. anyways u can do this if the trend is like that !!! me goin for ms in IF in aberdeen ...
see ya mate
cheers rajesh