"We look at people who will give back something while at Duke" - Associate Director

“We look at people who will give back something while at Duke” Indian students are on the rise at *The **Fuqua School of Business, **Duke University at Durham, *North Carolina, due to increasing demand for MBAs back home to serv…

"We look at people who will give back something while at Duke"

Indian students are on the rise at The Fuqua School of Business, Duke University at Durham, North Carolina, due to increasing demand for MBAs back home to serve infrastructure building and entreprenurial ventures. Megan Lynam, Associate Director for Marketing and Admissions for Fuqua's full-time MBA program says that the School's vision of cultivating people who seek to create something bigger than themselves serves this demand effectively. An expanding healthcare, pharma and biotech sector in India makes Fuqua's unique Health Sector Management programme all the more relevant for prospective students. In an exclusive interview with PaGaLGuY.com, Lynam also offers valuable advice to applicants on making the best bid for Fuqua's Class of 2008.

Read more

An *awesome* Interview Simba.... Rock on

Cheers

Hey this university sent me a brochure of theirs, and ya it looks nice to be there.
huh but I can't afford that.....

Thanks Subbu.. it took an awful lot of time.. but it turned out good

Hey all Dukie applicants, read the article & comment on the portal.. Adcom are looking at it pretty closely! You may just increase ur chances of getting admitted... 😉 Also, you will soon get a chance to understand how you need to go out of ur way to communicate. I can come up with a few more ideas of how to increase ur chances but would wait for you guys to think off something. 😃 Do PM me if u get some ideas!

And ofcourse come back here for the discussion.. did i miss out something.. did u need any other info. I personally feel that this is the most exhaustive article by Duke Adcom. On the BW forum, we just have a small chat & we hang onto every single word they say! But I think this article gives u a more than clear view of what Fuqua wants! Look thro what the school is communicating & cash on it either during application or interviewing!! 😃

My sincere apologies to all the R1s. I really wanted to put this up before ur deadlines.. had also finished up though I had a crazy schedule! But somehow, we just could not make it 'live' before the R1! 😃

Sowmya/Simba -

truly awesome article, although I posted my comments with the article, would appreciate answers regarding the following:

1. What are the activities being done for students with a family, especially with a child also? What opportunities exist / are created for the other half?

2. What is being done to encourage students who want to move to developing countries / non-profit organizations? The guaranteed loan without US guarantor is great, but what about loan repayment?

Thanks yet again.

truly awesome article, although I posted my comments with the article, would appreciate answers regarding the following:

1. What are the activities being done for students with a family, especially with a child also? What opportunities exist / are created for the other half?

Many of my classmates have families with kids. Ofcourse there are good schooling. And the Fuqua partners club is extremely active.. esp the women folk! So, if u want more info about the partners activities, u can get in touch with the admissions once u get an admit before u decide to move! As u see, we students do not have much interactions with the partners! 😃

2. What is being done to encourage students who want to move to developing countries / non-profit organizations? The guaranteed loan without US guarantor is great, but what about loan repayment?

Thanks yet again.

Developing countries, theres nothing much to help u out... basically because moving out of US immediately after MBA is not so lucrative to anyone, hence there are lesser opportunities. Like some firms hire internationals only to base you either in ur own coutry or some other place out of US.. this may be a choice which u need to make. There is a loan forgiveness fund for Non-profits.. over a period of time, the loan becomes manageable because they do understand that u would not be making much $. For more info u can speak to admissions!
Hope it helped!

SImba -

Thanks for the reply. It surely helps.

Also, you will soon get a chance to understand how you need to go out of ur way to communicate. I can come up with a few more ideas of how to increase ur chances but would wait for you guys to think off something.

Simba, what are your ideas regarding the above. Would appreciate your thoughts regarding the same.

Excellant work Simba......

Really really good. Its gr8 to see that u have not forgotten the PG community after getting admitted in the university of your choice. This effort of urs is really commedable. Keep up the good efforts.