Washington Olin Fall-2010 applicants

hi folks, I thought to start a new thread for all of us to know and get introduced to the round 1 applicants to Olin School for Fall 2010. I am an reapplicant at Olin School and profile as below: Score 720 Work Exp 3.5 Industry:…

hi folks,

I thought to start a new thread for all of us to know and get introduced to the round 1 applicants to Olin School for Fall 2010.

I am an reapplicant at Olin School and profile as below:

Score 720
Work Exp 3.5
Industry: IT
Onsite Exp: Yes
Extracurriculars: Good

Awaiting decision on interview call.

Request you all to join the thread and share your profiles if applying at OLIN.

Cheers,
Santosh

Hi Dude,

Any communication from Olin....related to Interview ... Its been pretty long now ...

Hi Dude,

Any communication from Olin....related to Interview ... Its been pretty long now ...

OLIN is conducting interview in Mumbai on 30th Nov...not sure on other places though...

I just got an interview call from olin .my interview will be on 27 november in Delhi

Got a call from Olin, 30th Nov, Mumbai.....ATB to everyone going for interview ...
Kindly post the questions being asked for interview

Hi Folks,
My interview is on 6th Dec at Bangalore.
Is Olin interviewing everybody or the interview invite are coming after initial screening from admission committee

a question for aki_rocks22
Based on your profile you could have applied to Wharton, Kellogg, Duke, Darden, Cornell, etc that is top 15
so why u have selected Olin?

Or it is like u have applied to Top 15 also, but just keeping Olin on safety net

a question for aki_rocks22
Based on your profile you could have applied to Wharton, Kellogg, Duke, Darden, Cornell, etc that is top 15
so why u have selected Olin?

Or it is like u have applied to Top 15 also, but just keeping Olin on safety net

No... I havent applied to any top 15.

I am looking for colleges where I can get heavy scholarship.Financially I cant afford any top 20 colleges;)

Cheers,
Akshay

Hey Puys

Just starting off with my Olin App.. One query abt the application.. I see that we just need to provide the contact information of the recommendors.. They actually don't need to fill up anything.. It is only the PhD and Exec MBA students who have to register their recommendors.. Is my understanding right ??

yup. You are right sarathyraghav!

Can somebody post the Essay topics of Olin B-school , thanks

sanduadi Says
Can somebody post the Essay topics of Olin B-school , thanks

You have only one essay : SOP types.. Why an MBA? Why now? Why Olin? What are your career goals? etc. And then there is one optional essay which you may use if you want to talk about something that you haven't already covered in the SOP. Hope this helps..

Guys, I had my interview yesterday in New Delhi.. Ms. Stephanie Bartelt from the admissions committee has come down to India for the QS MBA Tour and is conducting i/vs in Delhi, Mumbai, B'lore and Chennai.. As to the i/v experience, I must say it went like a breeze.. was actually more of a coffee table conversation.. She asked me to walk her through my resume, professional and personal experiences and the need for an MBA now etc. Overall a nice experience.. Hail the US bschools and their adcom members.. They just make me feel at home during the i/vs. Anyways let's see how the final result goes.. All the best to guys who have their i/vs in the offing.. And all the best too to those who are waiting for the i/v call..

hi rmurali200,

Can you please share interview questions in detail

Also, do you know any information regarding whether adcom is interviewing all the applicants or they have already shortlisted applicants and only interviewing them?

This thread is at the wrong place. Anyways, I too applied at Olin. Have my interview tomorrow in Mumbai.

rmurali200 Says
Guys, I had my interview yesterday in New Delhi.. Ms. Stephanie Bartelt from the admissions committee has come down to India for the QS MBA Tour and is conducting i/vs in Delhi, Mumbai, B'lore and Chennai.. As to the i/v experience, I must say it went like a breeze.. was actually more of a coffee table conversation.. She asked me to walk her through my resume, professional and personal experiences and the need for an MBA now etc. Overall a nice experience.. Hail the US bschools and their adcom members.. They just make me feel at home during the i/vs. Anyways let's see how the final result goes.. All the best to guys who have their i/vs in the offing.. And all the best too to those who are waiting for the i/v call..

ur profile pls
rmurali200 Says

can u share ur profile ?
hi rmurali200,

Can you please share interview questions in detail

Also, do you know any information regarding whether adcom is interviewing all the applicants or they have already shortlisted applicants and only interviewing them?

There were no questions as such.. The interviewer asked me only one question: Tell me about your professional and personal experiences so far, your motivation to do an mba and why Olin.. I started speaking and then it became very conversational.. So I don't remember any questions at all.. This is how it will usually be in face to face i/vs.. If you want specific i/v questions, go the Kelley fall 2010 thread.. I've posted a string of questions that I was asked during my telephonic i/v with Kelley adcom member.. In a telephonic i/v, since it is not possible to make it conversational, you are usually asked a set of standard questions, based on the responses of which you are evaluated..
sanduadi Says
ur profile pls

Here goes my profile:
GMAT: 750/5.0
Acads: B.Tech(ECE) NIT, Trichy
ECs: Decent
WE: 3 years in semiconductor industry by fall 2010