Want to be a Cricket Commentator

Hey friends !!! I want to be a cricket commentator in life… I am damn serious about it…By god’s grace I have a very powerful voice and love to speak on stage…also have loads of experience in the same. …

Hey friends !!!!! I want to be a cricket commentator in life.................

I am damn serious about it............By god's grace I have a very powerful voice and love to speak on stage..........also have loads of experience in the same.

I really really want to make it big on the scene.............so guys nd gals out there.........help me in any form you can..............all help , advice , channels provided by you will be welcome

Right now I dont know where to start...........SUGGESTIONS please!!!!!:

By the way gave CAT in 2005 as a fresher - 98.6 missed out coz of maths (85)
CAT 2006-94.5 eng ruined me (80)

want to give CAT again........I know I have it in me..........but also this dream of mine!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ask Harsh Bhogale. he is with IIM_A PGDM and one of best known commentators.

ya dats gud information.......but can u gimme som mor info abt openings in this channel.........how do i mak it big in life............i need a chance:grab:

jainm Says
ya dats gud information.......but can u gimme som mor info abt openings in this channel.........how do i mak it big in life............i need a chance:grab:

ok first of all... cool attitude.. being damned serious about a field in which there aren't too many people not related to cricket..
If we just have a look at all the cricket commentators for the various channels, you can spot a trend...
Escept Harsha Bhogle and Charu sharma, I don't think anyone with a non cricket back ground has made it that big. So, obviously, its a real hard place to get into.
What I suggest u to do is, go and have a look at the profiles of theirs and maybe draw some inferences.
Have a look at the qualifications required to become a commentator and pursue ur career in that direction instead of doing MBA in finance/consulting etc etc

cheers and all the best dude!

thanx a lot dude.........but the thing is that i want to have a backup in life...........and i know myself ..............with the kind of potential i have, i dont think nething less than an MBA from a reputed institute would be doing justice to myself.............secondly, i know that there r not many non - cricketers in this field but....................

"BATTLES OF LIFE ARE NOT ALWAYS WON BY THE STRONGER OR FASTER MAN,
BUT IN THE END THE MAN WHO WINS IS THE MAN WHO THINKS HE CAN!!!!!!!!!"

so please let me know of any openings , channels etc ...........i want to make it big in this field at ne cosssssstttttttttttttttttttt:grab:

thanx a lot dude.........but the thing is that i want to have a backup in life...........and i know myself ..............with the kind of potential i have, i dont think nething less than an MBA from a reputed institute would be doing justice to myself.............secondly, i know that there r not many non - cricketers in this field but....................

"BATTLES OF LIFE ARE NOT ALWAYS WON BY THE STRONGER OR FASTER MAN,
BUT IN THE END THE MAN WHO WINS IS THE MAN WHO THINKS HE CAN!!!!!!!!!"

so please let me know of any openings , channels etc ...........i want to make it big in this field at ne cosssssstttttttttttttttttttt:grab:

U can go thru this link. Chru sharma'a interview... esp Q#3 and the last ques may probably give u some idea of what lies ahead of you:satisfie:
Cricketfundas.com Interviews: Charu Sharma* : Cricketfundas.com

Even i wasn't aware of charu's sporting background. he talks about it here.

also i remember watching Harsha's interview on tv where he said he has played cricket at different levels hence understand the intricacies.
personally i feel such professions provide very few openings and the struggle is huge. this sector can hardly be called organised so u need to make ur way through the bottom...look for the opportunities there will be very few. keep ur eyes n ears open all the time.
but why did u chose cricket only?? U can probably look for other anchoring profiles too.

thanx a lot dude.........but the thing is that i want to have a backup in life...........

MBA as a backup??? hamaare pet pe kyon laat maar rahe ho bhai

hey thanx dude for the charu interview..............nd btw ur suggestion abt openings in other anchoring jobs is also a gud ...............wil definitely go 4 sumthin lik dat if my first choice doent wk out definitely need to use my ability sumwher...........but cricket remains the sport closest to me ..............so u see:) nd am quit well equipped wid knowledge of the sport

and btw wot abt certain qualifications that wil help me............ne suggestions

Hi buddy

I also have a flair for commentary , but seriously its 1 in a million's job ... Hence wudnt think unless luck caresses me from nowhere ...

Seriously , I feel its a desire / wish more than a career prospect .
But dont gt dejected , u have this option of getting into NDTV / CNN IBN etc into spots areas and u can nourish ur dreams ....
Like Nidhi Razdhan my fave 😃 she is IIMC grad ....working with NDTV
Hope that helps

All the best
Rgds

hi vishy,

FYI, IIMC in nidhi razdan's case stands for Indian Institute of Mass Communication whch is in Delhi.This is where most mediapersons come from and I would suggest both you and jain check it out if you are so interested in this field and not waste ur time iwith silly mgmnt degrees

Hi spatch ,
Yes i stand correct , thought she is from IIM Cal ...
MICA is another one for media I think ..

Rgds

ya dudes thanks a lot 4 ur views.............considering other options related to media is also a good option..........but my first love remains cricket...........and i am sure will find an opening somewhere for it...............:grab: need to grasp the opportunity the moment it comes........

and Vishy......tel me how to get an entry into CNN/NDTV etc.........ne channels u can suggest.........nd what r u doing in life??i mean do u hav ne serious plans of taking up ur passion??

"BATTLES OF LIFE ARE NOT ALWAYS WON BY THE STRONGER OR THE FASTER MAN,
BUT IN THE END THE MAN WHO WINS IS THE MAN WHO THINKS HE CAN!!!!!":)

hey jainm,
must appreciate your spirit.
Hope this link helps NDTV.com - Jobs

check this out:

NDTV is looking for Anchors / Reporters for its SPORTS Desk

Desired Profile:
A high standard of editorial judgement based on broadcast journalism experience A flair for reporting and an excellent command over English Ability to originate and develop programme stories Ability to work well and calmly in a busy and often challenging environment and have the temperament to enjoy the process Thinking on your feet /improvisation Presentation skills

Work Experience: 1 to 5 Years

source:
NDTV.com - Jobs

i think the opening is still there so rush!!!

otherwise keep checking the websites of different channels in the careers section

If you really love to do Cricket Commentary you need to start somewhere. You could approach the local cricket organizers, Clubs or local championships to give you the opportunity to do it. It will give you the experience & confidence to apply for national & international some day.

For Cricket enthusiasts Espoir Smarten your English through Cricket is a useful program I found online. You will learn Cricketing language through cricketing tales, trivia, management concepts & superior English. You will learn from famous Cricketer talks & increase your vocabulary to more than 10,000 words. Anyone interested in Cricket is sure to benefit from it. Google to find more.

If you love Cricket, why not benefit personally & professionally?

I have developed 'Strengthen Vocabulary thru Cricket" , Improve English.

Strengthen English with Cricket
Strengthen Vocabulary Useful for Professional
Strengthen Vocabulary Through Cricket- Its Free.
and and EXPLORE the world of enormous OPPORTUNITIES!
Strengthen your through English through Cricket everyday, since
Cricket fans are engrossed with World Cup 2011 thought, The chances of India
winning the Cup is the highest, since we have best of batsman in
the world, In next world -Cup the situations may not be the same,
Take your cricketing excitement and emotions to a next level and use
it for learning in a interestingly sporting manner.
Lets make the best use of English content which is easily accessible
as per our interest,lets not feel restricted, and EXPLORE the enormous
OPPORTUNITIES!
-Imbibe English emotionally will create a deeper long-lasting learning impact,effortlessly.
-Most easiest and the quickest method to learn ,since individuals 24X7 are filled with Cricketing thoughts.
- Make the most of this golden opportunity.
-Sleep learning techniques is also possible.
-Improve your vocabulary through Inspiring and Motivating Sentences.
-Extremely useful for Marketing & Media Professionals.
-Management and Journalism Students.will find it extremely useful.
-
-Individuals are struggling to learn English at English Learning
Classes,which is yet to be proven method.
-Inspiring and Motivating Sentences.
-Will be made available to Institutions for free.

Kindly visit the blog : Strengthen English with Cricket

is there any chance of being hindi commentator......i am good speaker of hindi and i do commentary with as much speed as u have never heard...everyone suggests me to do that only..i didnt do it professionaly but have done lot of commentary at various places...i am doing BE from mum university now....

plz suggest

Is there any one to help me out