Walk to Work Day

June 5th marks the *World Environment Day. *Let us strive to add our bit to keep the world clean and green. One small initiative on our part is “Walk to Work” wherein we will be walking to work. If you are not in Hyderabad you can do your own bi…

June 5th marks the World Environment Day. Let us strive to add our bit to keep the world clean and green. One small initiative on our part is "Walk to Work" wherein we will be walking to work. If you are not in Hyderabad you can do your own bit at your place.

In Hyderabad we are following this route to our work. Route would be Somajiguda -> KBR Park -> Jubilee Hills Check Post -> Madhapur -> Cyber Towers -> Mindspace. You can follow your own route.

Other ways in which you can help out are, run to work, cycling, car pooling and public transport . Please spread the awareness for a Better World to your friends and relatives.

Ketan
PS: This is an initiative I am taking along with my office-mates.

June 5th marks the World Environment Day. Let us strive to add our bit to keep the world clean and green. One small initiative on our part is "Walk to Work" wherein we will be walking to work. If you are not in Hyderabad you can do your own bit at your place.

In Hyderabad we are following this route to our work. Route would be Somajiguda -> KBR Park -> Jubilee Hills Check Post -> Madhapur -> Cyber Towers -> Mindspace. You can follow your own route.

Other ways in which you can help out are, run to work, cycling, car pooling and public transport . Please spread the awareness for a Better World to your friends and relatives.

Ketan

Hey ketan, kudos for this man! However please help me man, can I walk from work? my office is 17 km away and I would like to reach on time, however I can-and-will walk back to my place... it doesnt matter much coz I take the office bus anyway :)

PS:just kidding... but really appreciate your initiative!!!
Hey ketan, kudos for this man! However please help me man, can I walk from work? my office is 17 km away and I would like to reach on time, however I can-and-will walk back to my place... it doesnt matter much coz I take the office bus anyway :)

PS:just kidding... but really appreciate your initiative!!!

What you can do is to reach say to any of your friend's place who is living near-by within 3-4 km and keep your usual vehicle at his/her place. From there you can do a walking to your office.

Ketan

My POA

Going
7:40-->MMTS fm Necklace Road to Sec'Bad Station(Station 500m away fm home)
XXX--> Shared auto fm station to stop.Walk to work(another 300 or so m)

Return

18:00-->Walk to stop.Shared auto to station.
18:30-->MMTS To necklace road station
XXX-->Station to home Walk

Successfully completed the "Walk to Work" day... Walked 6.5 Km (approx)

Ketan

Ketan

Gud work

well,just "commemorating" a day is not enough.Its a start.We need to proactively do the things that our friends have advocated in the beginning whenever possible.WE can make a difference and We WILL If we try to be environment friendly whenevr we get the opportunity.

Anywayz ,good job ketan

Solid_Snake Says
well,just "commemorating" a day is not enough.Its a start.We need to proactively do the things that our friends have advocated in the beginning whenever possible.WE can make a difference and We WILL If we try to be environment friendly whenevr we get the opportunity.

Yep, I agree. We in office have already started a "Bike to Work day" every friday. (bike = cycle) Whoever possibly can travel on their bikes usually comes on bikes on other days too.... the idea is not to "save petrol because of increasing prices " but more towards creating an awareness towards environment issues.

But our core efforts are more towards "child-labour" causes, so we not currently very actively involved in other issues. (Although we have a policy of minimal wastage of natural resources like water... but all this is informal and on a voluntary basis)

Ketan
good job!!! details please.

Rohit

Well, our first member started walking from Somajiguda Junction at around 6:00 AM....then some people joined the group at Masjid Road No. 3 Near Qmart ...few others joined at KBR park at around 6:30 AM... People kept joining at places like Jubilee Hills Check post , Madhapur Police Station, Madahpur Petrol Pump, Hutch Showroom Madhapur, CyberTowers towards our office at MindSpace. We reached office at around 8:30 AM.

Ketan

I like the concept of Bike to work and think shud be popularised more. Sadly not really possible in places like Mumbai.

---Asif