Wake Forest(Babcock) vs Thundebird

Hello Everybody, I have been offered admission from Wake Forest University(with $16000 scholarship) and Thunderbird Univ(Scholarship package is yet to be announced). Initially, I thought of freezing on Wake Forest Univ but the new 2008 …

Hello Everybody,

I have been offered admission from Wake Forest University(with $16000 scholarship) and Thunderbird Univ(Scholarship package is yet to be announced).

Initially, I thought of freezing on Wake Forest Univ but the new 2008 MBA rankings have confused me a bit.

In the US News rankings, though WFU ranking has come down, WFU is ranked better than Thunderbird. But, FT ranks Thunderbird to be a much better school. And BusinessWeek ranks both schools in the same range. All these have made me reconsider my decision.

I am interested in general management and Entrepreneurship(secondary concetration) and Wake Forest University is pretty well known for these. It also has a decent placement history(around 80% of graduates get placed).

On the other hand, Thunderbird is No.1 for international business and is an upcoming college. However the placement history looks bleak( I don't know how this is being ranked the same as Kelley by FT).

My gut feeling is to go for Wake Forest still(considering the fact that the new Dean of the school is Steve Reinemund(an exceptional leader), Ex CEO of Pepsico in whose tenure company's revenues grew up by $9 billion. I feel that his presence could boost up WFU's ranking and placements in future).

Guys, please post your opinions and other important facts about the 2 schools that could help me narrow down to the right school.

Cheers!

I have to agree with you , WF has a better reputition than Thunderbird and placement looks much better . Though thunderbird is the best college for international business its placement figures do not show it. Also the fact that it is not a university does'nt help to get grants etc.

In the end , if you want to pursue international business Thunderbird is the school but anything else WF is better and much better known college.