Waitlist for IIMA...PGP 2005-2007

Hi all, Was told to start this thread so that all of us can keep each other informed. As of now, got to know that the main list this time is of 264, so our effective waitlist no is WL+4. Me on wl 5 so effectively it’s 9… Any furth…

Hi all,

Was told to start this thread so that all of us can keep each other informed. As of now, got to know that the main list this time is of 264, so our effective waitlist no is WL+4.

Me on wl 5 so effectively it's 9...

Any further information will be really appreciated...

And for all of the waitlisted ppl, Best of Luck.

Shiv.

Hi,

was talking to a friend the other day and apparently there are a bunch of 6-7 people (atleast) who are seriously considering B... at the end of the day, they may just choose A..but this might just brighten your chances..

Also, there will be some techies who will choose MIT or Stanford over IIM Ahd.

May not be new info..but hang in there guys... and all the best! Hope to see some of you at A.

cheers,
MAD.

I know one girl from Calcutta, some "Singhal". She is not going to join any of the b-schools. and she has converted all of them

So cheers.

any idea about last year. some ppl say it was till 4 while other input is till 13.

Hey Sirius,
Well i am pretty sure of the fact that the last person to get thru IIMA lst time was Gaurav Dagaonkar, the cultural sec. (PG id: the_dawg)... There's a post to this effect on the IIMA pgp 2005-2007 thread...It says his wl no. was 7 or 8... Also Gaurav contacted me n told me that wl-5 got thru last time...So i'm pretty sure it was more than 4 but dunno abt 13...What's ur no????

ATB anyways...

Shiv.

WL5 last year was my junior in college Yatnesh .. he didn't get thru currently in Cal.

Hey Sirius,
Well i am pretty sure of the fact that the last person to get thru IIMA lst time was Gaurav Dagaonkar, the cultural sec. (PG id: the_dawg)... There's a post to this effect on the IIMA pgp 2005-2007 thread...It says his wl no. was 7 or 8... Also Gaurav contacted me n told me that wl-5 got thru last time...So i'm pretty sure it was more than 4 but dunno abt 13...What's ur no????

ATB anyways...

Shiv.

Hi Alfred,
Sorry to disappoint you but I think Gaurav's WL was 4. Infact there exists a thread for last year's WL. You will certainly get some useful information there.
ATB , Looking forward to see you at WIMWI
VIkas
I know one girl from Calcutta, some "Singhal". She is not going to join any of the b-schools. and she has converted all of them

So cheers.

Hmm... Can you give more details... Just curious!!
Hi Alfred,
Sorry to disappoint you but I think Gaurav's WL was 4. Infact there exists a thread for last year's WL. You will certainly get some useful information there.
ATB , Looking forward to see you at WIMWI
VIkas

hey vikku u were supposed to be in Cal(i remember one of ur post saying u'll think about Cal) i was counting on you. et tu vikku.
anyway i am waiting for a decision from HRD to increase the seats in A and take all the ppl in waitlist. 😃
just imagine how does it feel 6 GD/PI calls I,K invite you and u r in waitlist in A which u'll come to know about after 30th june.

anyway I m going to I and their ratings are already going up. :)

Manish
Hey Sirius,

ATB anyways...

Shiv.

Vikku is right his no was 4 and i confirmed with frens in A as well. but two years back it got cleared till 23. mine is 16 and i am not expecting much (read nothing) but miracles do happen.

What other calls u have?

Manish

Hey,

Sorry guys abt the misinformatio abt Gaurav...Purely unintentional...And ya this was my only IIM call...Converted MDI but decided against payin the fees...And OH MY GOD, that statistic abt no. 23 makin it is very morale boostin...Anyway i've alrady heard of a few guys n girls who r leavin IIMA this time for other things...But only thru frenz...No first hand info....
And some1 mentioned we'll only get to know by June 30th....Why is that???? I mean every1's supposed to give their confirmatio by the 2nd or 9th of may...So we shud get to know soon after that...The next movement of the wait list shud b after the registration which shud b b4 the 23 of june...
Could some1 wid a conf call plz tell us the last date for sendin their acceptances????

And ppl in d waitlist, plz post ur profiles...Also ur back-up in case, god forbid, u don't make it...

Bbye,
Shiv.

hey vikku u were supposed to be in Cal(i remember one of ur post saying u'll think about Cal) i was counting on you. et tu vikku.
anyway i am waiting for a decision from HRD to increase the seats in A and take all the ppl in waitlist. 😃
just imagine how does it feel 6 GD/PI calls I,K invite you and u r in waitlist in A which u'll come to know about after 30th june.

anyway I m going to I and their ratings are already going up. :)

Manish

Sorry to disappoint you but I am going to A. Initially, I had some apprehensions about A but now I dont want to miss being a WIMWIAN 😃 . I sincerely hope that you somehow make it to A. Best of luck dude!
Vikas
Hey,

And some1 mentioned we'll only get to know by June 30th....Why is that???? I mean every1's supposed to give their confirmatio by the 2nd or 9th of may...So we shud get to know soon after that...The next movement of the wait list shud b after the registration which shud b b4 the 23 of june...

Bbye,
Shiv.

I got a letter from A saying please contact us after 30th june only then we'll be able to give you the exact position. May be because i am 16th and even they know its impossible that i make it. didn't u get the letter?

Manish

Hi,

I did get the letter but it's at home...I'm going back home soon so no point in askin my parents to send it...So haven't seen it yet...
Saw last yrs thread n aw that some ppl were cleared after the last date for conf n some others after the reg or joining datel...
So it cud b arnd 30th june, but i wud say more like 24-25 june cos d joinin's on the 23rd...Gaurav(the_dawg) got it on the 24 of june last yr n the joinin was on the 23rd...

anyway,
keep postin,
Shiv.

Does anyone have an idea when the 1st set of waiting results wud be out??....my waiting list no. is 4.......i dont expect it to be out anytime before 23rd june..coz thats when students have to make payment. Right now, they just have to pay 500 bucks...
dunno why iima has done this...:huh:

cya

Hi,
We mite actually get one or two wl ppl cleared after the conf date, which is either the 2nd or 9th of May...Atleast that's wat happend...2 ppl were cleared after the conf date n the rest after the joinin date...Check last yrs waitlist thread...

Shiv.

Hey Sirius,

ATB anyways...
Shiv.

I dont know for sure, but from what i ve heard, last yr. last waiting list to get cleared was 13, he was one of my juniors...

Hey,

Could some1 wid a conf call plz tell us the last date for sendin their acceptances????
And ppl in d waitlist, plz post ur profiles...Also ur back-up in case, god forbid, u don't make it...

Bbye,
Shiv.

Hi,
myself - a mechanical engineer from IIT-D
working in a software firm for last 2 years.
99.92 percentile (i guess thats least important at this stage..)
waitlist 12 in IIM A
have final offers from IIM C, L and I

and my back-up option is obviously C

- just for ur info, i called up Mr. Iyer, Head admissions, IIM-A, 2 days back... he said that he cannot tell anything right now... and he asked us to keep in touch... they will clear wait-list, as and when confirmed students refuse offers...

from what i have learned, it wud be done in 2 stages:
1. when they receive confirmation forms - they will clear as many WLs as the no of students who reject
(but since the confirmation fees is just Rs. 500, i doubt if anybody will not confirm at this point of time)
2. when its time to join - in june end, they will clear as many WLs as the no of students who dont join...
that is the time, when most of us can be hopeful...

just like "Sirius" mentioned, 2 rs back WL cleared till 23 - even i ve heard the same... but most of them got cleared around 25-30 June, when ppl didn't turn up to join IIm A

so dont loose hope
any idea, how long is the WL this yr??

Hey manu,
dont worry. we'll join A. I am moving up :). first K then I and now L so it surely says something. mine is 16 so if i get in u also get in.
dont know about the no of ppl in waitlist but can you confirm about last year. whether it was till 13? if that is the case we have a pretty good chance.
till then keep posting

Manish

time to bring this thread back into life.
ATB to all the waitlistd ppl.

Manish