Vote..and help me decide

HI, I have applied to the following colleges: OXFORD - Masters in Financial Economics LSE - MSc Accounting & Finance and MSc Management & Regulation of risk Manchester - MSc Finance and MSc Accounting & Finance Warwick - MSc Finance …

HI,

I have applied to the following colleges:
OXFORD - Masters in Financial Economics
LSE - MSc Accounting & Finance and MSc Management & Regulation of risk
Manchester - MSc Finance and MSc Accounting & Finance
Warwick - MSc Finance

If anybody has any information regarding the above courses/universities, please let me know.. (especially from their job market reputation point of view)

also it would be of great help if u could give me any contact information abt people studying/having studied in these universities..

thanks
samarth

If anybody has any information regarding the above courses/universities, please let me know.. (especially from their job market reputation point of view)

Err..if you didn't check their repute and course info..why did you apply then? I thought the research was to be done before applying and not after .. or are you looking for some other info ?
HI,

First get an admit from these univs & after that the real dicey situation arises of choosing.

till then relax ;-)

mik
HI,

OXFORD - Masters in Financial Economics
LSE - MSc Accounting & Finance and MSc Management & Regulation of risk
Manchester - MSc Finance and MSc Accounting & Finance
Warwick - MSc Finance

also it would be of great help if u could give me any contact information abt people studying/having studied in these universities..

Like Mik said ....dont really bother so much now :shock: .....getting into these universities is no joke and I see very few chances of you getting in too....I think a better option for you would be Punjab State University and you could graduate and come out as a very successful "Punjab da Puttar" in less than six months.....

😁 😁 😁 All I would say is that all of us here could also equally well try for the universities you have mentioned but hardly 1 in 1 lakh indians would be able to finally make it ....so why bother....just relax and take it lightly...."tension 😞 mat lene ka" just enjoy...

Take care,

cos v r here 4 u,

locky

Like Mik said ....dont really bother so much now :shock: .....getting into these universities is no joke and I see very few chances of you getting in too....I think a better option for you would be Punjab State University and you could graduate and come out as a very successful "Punjab da Puttar" in less than six months.....
locky

locknutz, 3rd post and such saracsm...
do u know the guy 'samarth'? Do u know his profile? It cud be possible that he really deserves getting in...
He was just asking u for info regarding the institutes... and NOT if he will get into those institutes...
U needn't be that rude.. espescially when New Year is round the corner

never under estimate anyone. Dont ever over estimate urself.

lomi Says
never under estimate anyone. Dont ever over estimate urself.

totally agree with u lomi.

samarth bhai....go along with ur application...there's always a chance for one & all.

dont feel down....cheer up & expect a call.

enjoy
mik

hey nutz... dont worry abt my chances...i think i stand a good chance, otherwise i wouldnt have applied there... just one question, though nutz...what makes you think i wont get in... lemme know, would love to prove u wrong...

so many replies, but none really answered the questions...

does anubody know of people in those universities...

and pagalguy sir, i have done my research... i just wanted to get as many opinions as possible...started this thread early, so that by the time calls come, i have quite a bit of useful info...

please guys, while we have fun on this thread, please also vote... thats the least time involving exercise...

and thanks for the encouragement mik and loni...

keep the posts coming in
samarth

Suppose i have never heard of all FOUR courses and blindly press a choice(which is what i generally do ..) -- will u make one of the biggest decisons of u'r life based on that ???????

- Karthik :argue:

Well Mr. Samarth, Applying to univs and then asking ppl which one of them is good isnt the smartest thing to do. IMHO its all upto u and this thread wont serve u any good pupose.Asking ppl for their opinions wont do u any good.Just wait and decide after u get ur admit.Maybe we all will tell u that so and so univ is the worst place to go and god forbid u get a lone admit from that univ. I dont think it wude really help u.
Anyhow, all the best to u and may u get admitted in the best college

hi all!!

just wanted to bring this thread to a logical climax ...

samarth, the starter of this thread, is currently at warwick...hope you got the point - locknutz, are you listening??!!

i think i got offer there for next year...didnt get the official letter yet..am still waiting for the results of some of the other universities...would be glad to help people who're in the same boat...

hi all!!

just wanted to bring this thread to a logical climax ...

samarth, the starter of this thread, is currently at warwick...hope you got the point - locknutz, are you listening??!!

i think i got offer there for next year...didnt get the official letter yet..am still waiting for the results of some of the other universities...would be glad to help people who're in the same boat...

Congrats!

I still remember your smashing post on GMAT last yr!

tc,
Uday
Congrats!

I still remember your smashing post on GMAT last yr!

tc,
Uday

thanks hobbes!! i'm surprised that someone remembers!!!!! missed this somehow..

i have a conditional offer from LSE as well...the condition is that i need to take a course called managerial accounting and financial control in their summer school and make a B...no idea why they put that condition because it looks damn easy ...and i have an interview for the mfe programme at oxford next week...
i guess i prefer LSE though....being in london is definitely a plus

anyone who's going for an MSc in Accounting and Finance from the UK?

I would anyday suggest LSE. It is most reputed among the Univs you have mentioned. Also, London is the hot place for Finance jobs.

Accept LSE. Oxford is surely the next thing.

LSE's accounting and finance will get you an as good job as an MBA would. Amongst the non engg/science MS courses in the world (yes the whole world), i would rate this course to be the RULER!! Look at the content...& also the placements. if staying in London aint too costly for you, go ahead and take this one!! i have no reservations on my stand. As for the current leader in the poll---Oxford is great as a univ, but not always the best.....
Go for the course and then the Univ!!
cheers

I would anyday suggest LSE. It is most reputed among the Univs you have mentioned. Also, London is the hot place for Finance jobs.

Accept LSE. Oxford is surely the next thing.

thanks dude...london is surely the hot place for jobs, i can knock on employers doors every single day!!

LSE's accounting and finance will get you an as good job as an MBA would. Amongst the non engg/science MS courses in the world (yes the whole world), i would rate this course to be the RULER!! Look at the content...& also the placements. if staying in London aint too costly for you, go ahead and take this one!! i have no reservations on my stand. As for the current leader in the poll---Oxford is great as a univ, but not always the best.....
Go for the course and then the Univ!!

well...there are many other masters programmes that I understand are better than this one...for example there're the MiF from London Business School. and the MFin from princeton...it's just that those are awfully hard to get into....

but yeah, LSE has its advantages...80% international students and being in london are some of them..
thanks living in hope!

what is the ideal profile to get admission at oxford,warwick,lse

after brexit is the worth going to U.K

and what remedial actions can be taken to make up for a low undergrad CGPA