Hey Puys, As we all know vocabulary plays a large amount of role in your CAT prep as well as prep for other B schools. But many a time we face this condition that we encounter a new word then look out in the dictionary but after a week we reali…
As we all know vocabulary plays a large amount of role in your CAT prep as well as prep for other B schools. But many a time we face this condition that we encounter a new word then look out in the dictionary but after a week we realize that we don't have even a hint about the word. Learning new words through mnemonics do help to make the existence of the word with the right meaning in our subconscious mind. A strong vocabulary would definitely benefit us in our lives.
With every word please provide a mnemonic to remember it no matter how lame it sounds the target is to get the word in our memory.
Lets nail it puys
Meaning : healthy, related to good health.
Mnemonic: Salu bhai is known for his good body(health).
Meaning : not openly acknowledged
Mnemonic: Co(covered) overt.
Meaning of Overt : done or shown openly.
Meaning: lowest or unsuccessful point.
Mnemonic : Nadir(Gir).
Can be remembered from girna i.e falling to the lowest point.
Meaning: fond of company ,sociable
Mnemonic: gre-gari(gedi)ous . Gedi means ghumna(in punjabi) so a person who hangs out alot is gregarious .
Meaning: keep out of sight with a cowardly motive.
Mnemonic: Skulk(skull) . Skull is usually hidden from the outside world. So can be remembered as something that is hidden or out of sight.
meaning: Someone with uncooperative attitude towards authority or discipline.
mnemonic: Re-calci. Imagine an uncooperative person asking a shopkeeper to re calculate his bill amount.
Meaning: Ready to accept control or instruction.
Mnemonic: do- sai . Imagine a believer in god praying to Sai Baba for wealth and he is ready to undergo anything i.e being submissive.
Meaning : Noisy and difficult to control.
Mnemonic: Obst- reper. Here we can remember the word by OBST meaning obstruction and REPER meaning again and again. So a person causing obstruction again and again is difficult to control.
Mnemonic - assume a person being bribed to say false statement in frnt of jury
1. “Ahmev Radha, Ahmev Krishnah” - Gulab Kothari (Chief Editor of Hindi newspaper Rajasthan Patrika)
2. An Uncertain Glory: India and its Contradictions - Jean Dreze and Amartya Sen.
3. A Brush with Life- Satish Gujral
4. A Bend in the river- V.S. Naipaul
5. God of Small things- Arundhati Rai
6. Inheritance of Loss- Kiran Desai.
7. Joseph Anton- Sulman Rushdie (Autobiography)
8. “Khushwantnama-The Lessons of My Life “ –Khushwant singh
9. Lajja- Taslima Nasrim.
10. My Unforgettable Memories-Mamata Banerjee
11. "Muslim in Indian cities”- Christophe Jaffrelot & Laurent Gayer
12. My country My Life- L.K.Advani
13. My Music My Life- Pt Ravi Shankar
14. Revolution 2020- Chetan Bhagat
15. Runs in Ruins — Sunil Gavaskar
16. Satenic versus- Salman Rushdi
17. True Colours — Adam Gilchrist
18. The Heritage of Sikhs — Harbans Singh
19. The Jewels of Happiness – Indian spiritual guru Sri Chinmoy.
20. The Things About Thugs — Tabish Nair
21. The Test of My Life'- Indian cricketer Yuvraj singh
22. “Those were the Day and then-The Life & Times of Lal Krishna Advani”-Mira Govind Advani
23. Turning Points-APJ Abdul Kalam
24. What Young India Wants – Chetan Bhagat
25. Ye Jo Hai Pakistan'- Shivendra Kumar Singh. 26. Smritiyan - Garima Sanjay 27. My Journey: Transforming Dreams into Actions - former President of India, Dr. Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam (APJ28. How Not to Make Money -Raj Kundra, the millionaire businessman.