Vlerick 2006 Admits

Hi All, Have an admit to Vlerick for Aug 2006 intake. ( and I would be headed there too!) Profile: BE Mech, GMAT: 710 work exp: 3.5 will be 4 by the next July in the Project Management field in the upstream oil and gas sector. Some exper…

Hi All,

Have an admit to Vlerick for Aug 2006 intake. ( and I would be headed there too!)

Profile: BE Mech, GMAT: 710 work exp: 3.5 will be 4 by the next July in the Project Management field in the upstream oil and gas sector. Some experience of working in the gulf (about a year)

Anyone else having admits or wanting to app here, contact me on this thread.

Vlerick-
A little known univ ( I'd never heard of it till Dec of last year) located close to Brussels.
Some features of the programme that are extremely appealing-
A cost efficient MBA in Europe ( costs less than NUS, and it is located in Belgium- one of the expensive countries in the EU)
Ranked 12th globally by the economist
Tremendous educational experience ( this one comes from the current and alums of the institute)
Their intake is 50. ( with abt 4-5 Indians) So a very diverse class.

Any current students, alums please share your experiences about Vlerick on this forum

Hi All,

Have an admit to Vlerick for Aug 2006 intake. ( and I would be headed there too!)

Profile: BE Mech, GMAT: 710 work exp: 3.5 will be 4 by the next July in the Project Management field in the upstream oil and gas sector. Some experience of working in the gulf (about a year)

Anyone else having admits or wanting to app here, contact me on this thread.

Vlerick-
A little known univ ( I'd never heard of it till Dec of last year) located close to Brussels.
Some features of the programme that are extremely appealing-
A cost efficient MBA in Europe ( costs less than NUS, and it is located in Belgium- one of the expensive countries in the EU)
Ranked 12th globally by the economist
Tremendous educational experience ( this one comes from the current and alums of the institute)
Their intake is 50. ( with abt 4-5 Indians) So a very diverse class.

Any current students, alums please share your experiences about Vlerick on this forum

I have a very similar profile. Mech Engg., GMAT Score of 700, Project Management exp for 4 years, Currently staying in UAE.

I am also interested in applying to MBA programs in EU. Whether you are applying to any other B-schools.

Rao

I did apply to European schools. ( HEC and LBS-- awaiting their decision.Unless I get a good amount of scol from them, I am headed for Vlerick)
And to NUS, ISB and the IIT- SOMs ( got final offers from all of them)

Where have you applied? You can check out more info on Vlerick at www.vlerick.be. If you are apping this year to Vlerick, you need to app fast, as their deadlines for non EU candidates is fast approaching.

One word of caution when applying to any mainland European school- you will need to learn the local language to help get you projects and finally a job.

Congrats Fink.

I received my admit from Vlerick too - just taking some time to decide between multiple offers though little biased towards Vlerick.

Guys who got admit... congratulations !

No info given on living expenses for one year on the schools website...
you must doen some homework on this too.. how much is it likely to be??

And learning dutch ?? should give a big thought on it....

All the best ...

Hi Schukka,

The tution is 15,000 Euros.
And the living expenses will come to about 900 Euros per month ( it is a 11 month course)(This would include the cost of trips you would be making to various parts of Europe for networking. Also included is lodging, which would be studio appt types.
And ofcourse, being an Indian, I assume that you would economise on all aspects of the living expenses.:) )

In Belgium, Dutch and French are national languages. So learning one of them is recommended.

Ppl going to Vlerick Leuven can check out this website for detailed info on visa procedures, living expenses, acco etc.
http://isal.studentenweb.org/faq.html

cheers

Any idea abt placements etc .. cdnt find any info in their website

Hello! I want to take part to this forum as well. I have just come back to Vlerick info session and I had the chance to meet some current students: they all seem to be pretty satisfied about the classes and the atmosphere on campus was amazing. But then I stop a while on this blog and I get dizzy. To cut it short, what I need to know is related to job opportunities after Vlerick. I myself am keen on the Msc Marketing, and I have always been afraid not to get the right support from the career office if I dont speak Dutch? I am myself fluent in French, I speak Italian, German and English too, but this Dutch buzz is kinda obsessing me. Some current students told me French is enough and many jobs they post only require a good knowledge of French, but still, we need to be realistic.One more thing... how does the alumni network work? Does it give a concrete support to current students seeking for a job? Are they active internationally?
And about scholarships, how much do they gauge the admission fees?
Basically a few keywords to sum up my concerns: is French enough? If I am a fluent French speaker, do I have good opportunities to work in Belgium\BXL?

Waiting for your support!