VISA process before joining the School and after recruitment frm B-school???

Hi all, Just wanted to enquire about the VISA Process used by the Recruiting companies in Top B-schools Abroad. Consider i have a applied for Student VISA to study in one of the Top B-school,So how could i be able to continue working the…

Hi all,

Just wanted to enquire about the VISA Process used by the Recruiting companies in Top B-schools Abroad.

Consider i have a applied for Student VISA to study in one of the Top B-school,So how could i be able to continue working there in the company that recruited me (frm that B-School)..

Does the Company only reneiws and changes my VISA ??
or
Do i have to return back to INDIA, after some time Leaving my Job and a year of Education?

please throw some gyan regarding the VISA process before joining the School and after recruitment from company(in that Foriegn B-school)?????

regards,
ripon

I presume you mean US when you say "abroad".

When you join a school, you usually get a 1 year work permit...including the time you spend during internship. So, if you are good enough, the company that recruited you will sponser a H1 for you (depends on how you perform during those 9 months at the company)...but not all companies sponser H1s...they will inform you about their policy when they hire you.

Getting a H1 in general mgmt specialization is a little tough I heard...

I am no expert...this is the info I received from one of the admission directors.

Thanx for that,
Yaa i presume US bt i was concernd about CAN too,

but still Question is there in my mind regarding Top B-Schools recruiters
that For how long time they issue the H1 Visa?
And arent it supposed to be given to to evry candidate they Hire?

And that VISA is just for a Year or so or MORE ????

Thanx for that,

Sorry, No idea about Canada (Do they still have some jobs left in Canada ? ). If you can get a job, it must be very easy to get a work permit there.

You start with a CPT (Curricular Practical Training), which is valid for 1 year I guess. After that, if you manage to get a H1, its cool. Else, come back to the motherland :)

BTW, its not the employer who issues Visa 😃 For more info, try google.
Thanx for that,

Under the F1 student visa, you can work for a year without any other work permit. H1 is issued for 3 years, and can be extended for 3 more years. Employers can only file for the visa, they cant issue them.

Chk out Murthy.com for more details on the visa proceses for US.

Canada I guess it should be fairly easy to get a visa. All the top canadian schools claim that they 100% placement by graduation for indian students. Not sure of the exact process in Canada. Why dont you mail the adcom n chk? I am sure they will be able to point to some resources that can help you...

HTH,
Uday
Under the F1 student visa, you can work for a year without any other work permit. H1 is issued for 3 years, and can be extended for 3 more years. Employers can only file for the visa, they cant issue them.

And IIRC, you will have to apply for greencard before the end of your sixth year, else its back to pavilion....Getting the gc is a different ballgame, as it takes quite some time, but you wud need to apply it to stay in the clear....Also check out the policies of the companies on H1s or GCs....Some companies have been retrenching so many ppl in the last few years that they rarely sponsor any new H1s or GCs !!!

Snax Says
Do they still have some jobs left in Canada ?

ROFL....Good one

Cheers