Virus in mail received frm mica

hi everyone , i just received a mail frm [email protected] with attachment info.zip.the attachment is infected with a virus. has anyone else received such a mail

hi everyone ,
i just received a mail frm [email protected] with attachment info.zip.the attachment is infected with a virus.
has anyone else received such a mail

hi everyone ,
i just received a mail frm [email protected] with attachment info.zip.the attachment is infected with a virus.
has anyone else received such a mail

I guess many ppl must be recieving this virus.....
This is very common these days we guys here are recieving some 5-6 such mails daily...

Just scan the attatchment everytime u get some mail like this.....
80% of times its likely to be a virus!

-Akshat

well guys......i receivd a mail......3 of them infact.......but thy were frm [email protected]...n no virus.......got it quite a while back.....
soniya

Hmmmmm i gotta virus y/s tht affected all exe files in my sys as a result of which i had 2 re-install the full platform of windows 98 and windows XP wasting 3 hrs in all when i've got my exams frm monday onwards(hmmmm but cant be without sys 4 even a days time).

These anti virus thingy seems 2 b of no use at all atleast in my sys.

Btw guyz which is d best anti-virus thingy available---me dont wanna get affected again.i had avg anti virus .

cheers,

vicky.

bLiTzKrIeG Says
Btw guyz which is d best anti-virus thingy available---me dont wanna get affected again.i had avg anti virus

Dont Use Any ;-)
AVs slow down the comp!

Btw howz Mcafee anil?

me now installed it, hope it works atleast.

dont temme it slows down d sys 2........

cheers,

vicky.

Btw howz Mcafee anil?
me now installed it, hope it works atleast.

Dunno man.. havent used any AV for the last 1 year.. Once installed NAV 2003 or something when the comp was new.. Now I dont need any. As long as u r sensible enough not to enter useless sites nor open mails which may be infected, I dont see any need to Install any AV. Any probs arise, I simply format the C:Drive. Already did that 8 times in the past 1 month.

ps : Thread moved to Chit-chat!
As long as u r sensible enough not to enter useless sites nor open mails which may be infected, I dont see any need to Install any AV

I dont think u need 2 enter useless sites 2 get affected when u get mails frm institutes which contains virus in them!!!!

Btw my sys i pure veggie buddy so now way of gettin attacked by virus frm those!!

Guess the virus which attacked my sys was a terrible 1!!!!

cheers,

vicky.

Or the best solution for viruses....
.....Go Linux

The only problem with linux *was* with making ppt presentations et al but today we have enuf good office packages.....And that's not a big deal...

-Akshat

Anil Says
Any probs arise, I simply format the C:Drive. Already did that 8 times in the past 1 month

lol and any info on the number of hard disks that u've changed in the past 12 months : : 😉 😉

Cheers

if u want to have an anti-virus on ur comp and at the same time prevent it from slowing down or u dont want to switch to linux to stay virus-free, then an obvious solution is to increase the RAM.
also linux is used mostly for academic purposes. u can hardly have any fun on it...

linux is used mostly for academic purposes.

PG.com runs on it .. Damn I say its the most academic fun I've had ever
Damn I say its the most academic fun I've had ever

u cant be more right. we sure do have a lot of fun here...
but what i had in mind was a home pc and not a server.
uRmad Says
lol and any info on the number of hard disks that u've changed in the past 12 months : : 😉 😉

The one and only Samsung Puma
3-yrs Warranty man.. so who's bothering as to what will happen to the HDD 😉

also linux is used mostly for academic purposes. u can hardly have any fun on it...

:shocked:

Not at all d00d....Gone are those days of RHL 5.0 et al....

Well for fun??

Movies :- no codec issues with mplayer...it plays everything....almost everything...
Mencoder to merge/split files in seconds :)
Games :- That may be a problem but linux has good games (tuxracer 😃 )....
Also I've even played AOE using winex but that it is a bit slow and does'nt has lan support yet :(
Messengers :- Gaim, kopete, ymessenger everything.
Image processing GIMP the best thing...
CD-writing n stuff :- Fast and of good quality
I can even upload my digi-cam pics here without any software to be installed KDE has it all...:)

Moreover ur comp is more fast than windows...

And yes for academic purposes its best 😃

-Akshat