Video from IIM Calcutta

Hi Guys, Check out this video on YouTube - YouTube - Early Days @ Joka The description -The CAT is belled and now apna man is all set to enter the hallowed gates of IIMC, with smile on his lips and song in his heart. The story of early dā€¦

Hi Guys,

Check out this video on YouTube - YouTube - Early Days @ Joka

The description -The CAT is belled and now apna man is all set to enter the hallowed gates of IIMC, with smile on his lips and song in his heart. The story of early days..

Lead Act: Rohan Moitra (Dramatics Cell, IIMC)
Vocals: Shreesh Thakur (JBS Baro-C)
Music: Tanmoy (JBS Baro-C)
Lyrics: Sreeni (JBS Baro-C)
Video: Anila, Sreeni and Varun/SpiceJat ("Between the Lines" production)

The music video contains explicit language, so discretion is advised.
:)

Hey didn't I post this on the IIMC GD/PI thread already!! And hey, its not "explicit" language, just some good old fashioned hostel lingo, which I am sure all of you hear every single day

Have seen the video abt ten times already...
fav part
" pehle finance ***** fir stats **** ...."

ma kasam.. very well sung and very well done!!

Have seen the video abt ten times already...
fav part
" pehle finance ***** fir stats **** ...."

ma kasam.. very well sung and very well done!!

A quick glossary for the uninitiated

1. The third subject after Finacc and Stats is BS (Behavioral Sciences)
  2. Mohanda and Kotler (yeah thats his actual name!) are two of the intra hostel shops which stack every possible need of a Bschooler
  3. Bird shit is an occupational hazard at this protected wildlife conservation site that is our campus. We have some 66 varieties of birds apparently!
  4. Sireesh, who's the lead singer is also the cultural secretary of IIMC. In fact you can catch him crooning in the video itself during one of the regular JBS nites.
  5. Ibankers are IIMCians who make a lots of dollars and wear suits to office
  6. RG is "Relative Grading" , Its competitveness at its simplest in IIMs where you do not help the other guys simply because you don't want them to do well in the exam
  7. We have 7 lakes in IIMC. No swimming allowed
  8. The Honor roll includes the likes of Mckinsey/BCG/Bain partners. VPs at Ibanks, CEOs and also the current Director of IIMB!
Hope you had fun šŸ˜‰

sahi sirjee..
some more insights into the video...
eg: do the "friends" actually turn their back on you during submissions??? šŸ˜²

Isn't there a way I can get it saved on my laptop.. Can someone upload it on rapidshare...

It is pain to watch it at youtube..

Can the mp3 be shared somehow.. plz? šŸ˜ƒ

vsc5024 Says
hi.. thanks for the clarifications! Who are these "Between the lines" guys? Did IIMC hire professionals for the video? Is the song original composition?! Can the mp3 be shared somehow.. plz? :)

there are techniques using which you can download the youtube videos!!!
try searching for them on the net...
it would be improper for me to put it here on a public forum!!!

EDIT: I have already downloaded the awesome video.. albeit I will not distribute it.. but I just wanted to prove that it is possible to download all the stuff on youtube!!!

hi..
if you use Mozilla, you can download videos from YouTube using the following plugin - https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2390/

It saves videos in FLV format and you'll need to download FLV player to play them. However, the video quality is as good as the YouTube video. Any way to download the raw video, please let me know.

vsc5024 Says
hi.. thanks for the clarifications! Who are these "Between the lines" guys? Did IIMC hire professionals for the video? Is the song original composition?! Can the mp3 be shared somehow.. plz? :)

Dude , this is IIMC! We don't hire outsiders to do stuff we can do infinitely better ;). It is an original composition by JBS Baroc and video shot by a bunch of PGP1s. Rohan (the hero ) there is a member of the IIMC Dramatics cell. As someone has pointed out, you can install the video downloader codec to download it to ur lappy and share it in ur LAN šŸ˜‰ . I have the MP3 with me, but have no idea how to share it.

And it doesn't take too much to figure out what between the lines actually means from that image ;)

And as far as RG goes, IIMC has the least RG among the major bschools of the country. It is a well known fact that we are less stuck up in life about Bschool stuff and are more cooperative, so RG is minimal. However its an insider joke in Bschools and so you will find references to RG in any bschool composition. I have attended "crashers" (short 2 hour refreshers on 3 month courses) in practically every subject handled by one or more of my benevolent batchmates who are particularly sincere. So take that video in all its proper spirit.

We are like this only

Hi,

Amazing video....
How I wish i could be a part of such a great insti and the great student base....
really feel like cursing myself for the CAT debacle now....
All the best to all puys going 2 be a part of this great insti...

Thanks
Gaurav

@convolutedsignal:
Didn't know they offer courses on film-making too :-P

I got hold of the mp3 and uploaded it on cooltoad - Music: Title: Earlydays@Joka

It's an awesome video ...

though i was born and brought up in kolkata, but never had a chance to visit the campus ... i used to dream how beautiful the campus would be ... but this video showed me that it's much more beautiful than i could have imagined...

praying God that i could be a part of this wonderful place - IIM joka.