VGSoM, IIT Kharagpur [2011-2013] Admissions - Official Counselor Thread

Hi Puys!! The admissions process for 2011-13 batch of VGSoM, IIT Kharagpur has begun. Please feel free to post any queries related to admissions and other discussions and we’ll be happy to help you out. Please keep an eye on this thread …

Hi Puys!!

The admissions process for 2011-13 batch of VGSoM, IIT Kharagpur has begun. Please feel free to post any queries related to admissions and other discussions and we'll be happy to help you out.

Please keep an eye on this thread and the college website VGSoM - Vinod Gupta School Of Management, IIT Kharagpur for updates. You can visit here for online application process.

Mod note: No posting of email addresses on the forum.

All the best to all the aspirants

Regards
Luv Walia
Prabhjot Singh Bhatia
Admissions Committee
VGSoM Batch 2010-12

Hi Seniors,

I got a rank of [email protected] marks(General)

VA: 9/30
LR: 26.25/30
QA: 18/30
DI: 22.5/30

X:87.3
XII:90
Grad: 82.7

Exp: 41 months VLSI

Any chances for profile based call?

If possible, can you please give some idea if I can get a call for MHRM with this rank?

Hi please help :

My JMET score :

Category - SC
All India Rank: 6304
Marks obtained out of 120: 66

Verbal - 3.5
Quans - 10.5
LR - 28.75
DI - 23.25

I know that my overall score is good. But messed up with my verbal score. Anyone knows what was the verbal sectional cut off for IIT-K ?
Can I apply for it? Can few seniors guide me with it ?

Hi Seniors :

VC - 13.5
LR - 18.5
QA - 14.5
DI - 20.75
------------
OA - 67.25
Rank - 5713 - NCOBC
------------
Work ex 20months till now from n MNC of repute !!!

10th 71%, 12th 60%, Btech 75%, Few certifications, prizes & courses as extra curricular. !!!

Any hopes fr VGSOM ?

Can u please tell me how many general category seats are there..I tried to find it on the website but could not get it...thanks..
also what are the factors considered while giving calls...

AIR-1140 (gen)
Work Ex - 25 months
Academics - cool enough ( All in mid 80s from 10th to engg)
Can i expect a call?

Is VGSOM accepting Cat scores also?..In the instructions page it says enter your Jmet and CAT information

AIR-892,Gen
work ex- 30 months in reliance energy
BE- 72% NIT Jaipur
XII-84
X-82%

Saw last years thread n found that rank is not the only deciding factor for GD/PI calls.guy getting 500 was not called but a guy getting 1900 was called for next round.

Please elaborate the criteria for giving out calls and also my chances.:biggrin:

Hello Seniors,

I have got rank of 706 with score- 84 and i have 1 year work exp. I am planning to apply for all iits except iit-b,d. Pls guide me if we have to go for gd-pi for each IIT in its specific city or can we have all gd-pi's in Delhi? Also, let me know if my decision to apply for all iits is wise.

many thanks in advance

hanisha

guys went through the admissions brochure in the VGSOM site... This year they are accepting CAT scores also

How much weightage is given to rank and to GD PI for final selection?

Hi Seniors :

VC - 13.5
LR - 18.5
QA - 14.5
DI - 20.75
------------
OA - 67.25
Rank - 5713 - NCOBC
------------
Work ex 20months till now from n MNC of repute !!!

10th 71%, 12th 60%, Btech 75%, Few certifications, prizes & courses as extra curricular. !!!

Any hopes fr VGSOM ?

rank 1047.....general category....shud i save 500 rs?????or is der a chance.....

i have secured 1610 rank in jmet 2011 with 18 months work ex. Should i apply to IIT kgp??

Hello seniors,

As per the prospectus, iitkgp is also considering cat 2010 scores.

Could you please suggest what could be the expected cut off for the cat 2010 for som iitkgp??

Thanks in advance 😃

from where you get to know that iit kgp is taking cat scores????
can u post d link for prospectus?

from where you get to know that iit kgp is taking cat scores????
can u post d link for prospectus?

it is mentioned in the admission brocher...u can find it on VGSOM site..

http://www.som.iitkgp.ernet.in/images/stories/admissions/vgsom_brochure.pdf

hi Boss,

following is the score :
VA : 8.75
LR : 24
Quant : 17.75
DI : 22.75

Total : 73.25

Exp : 42 mnths
Category : General
Please can you tell me what can i expect, as in which all institutes can i fill in the forms.

Regards,
Varun Goel

@all..while posting rank related queries please mention your category too...since different categories have different cutoffs. Also, do remember a lot of factors go into giving out calls...your rank may or may not be the sole criteria

Also, last year, VGSoM had its selection process in four cities..Delhi, Mumbai, Kharagpur and Bangalore

sir,

I have got 71.25 marks in JMET and my rank is 4071 . I have got 25 months work ex. I belong to OBC.

Am I eligible to apply to IIT kharagpur?

Thank you.