VA crash course for CAT 2011

Own it seem that the quote TIME is MONEY is taking up strong hold. Not more than a month is left for D-DAY. *Y don’t we pitch in best question in this thread which could help us to gain strong hold on VERBAL PART. the questions can from RC…

Own it seem that the quote TIME is MONEY is taking up strong hold.
Not more than a month is left for D-DAY.

Y don't we pitch in best question in this thread which could help us to gain strong hold on VERBAL PART. the questions can from RCs, PJs, Para completion, Fill ups, Vocab etc......

words CRASH COURSE define what i need to communicate in here.

so switch to last gear n fast.... this may the final lap....
All the BEST.

great initiative... 😃

Staring with a FILL UP.

Occasionally, though, in the course of our daily Internet culling, we stumble on some news that makes us question our assumptions about the ____________ effects of literature. It saddens us to say it, but sometimes, books bring out the worst in people, and are made into ____________to all kinds of crimes.

a) mitigating, tools
b) elevating, handicaps
c) ameliorative, accessories
d) transcending, aids

My take for the above question - option d

Staring with a FILL UP.

Occasionally, though, in the course of our daily Internet culling, we stumble on some news that makes us question our assumptions about the ____________ effects of literature. It saddens us to say it, but sometimes, books bring out the worst in people, and are made into ____________to all kinds of crimes.

a) mitigating, tools
b) elevating, handicaps
d) transcending, aids[/Q
Staring with a FILL UP.

a) mitigating, tools
b) elevating, handicaps
d) transcending, aids

Option A seems a viable choice !

D seems ok..ans plz?

I would go with C

Reasoning :- It makes us question the good effects of literature. I.e. ameliorate
accessories goes best in the 2nd blank anyway.

option d........;)

Sorry... Wrong post...

Staring with a FILL UP.

a) mitigating, tools
b) elevating, handicaps
d) transcending, aids

n the nswer isss??
Staring with a FILL UP.

a) mitigating, tools
b) elevating, handicaps
d) transcending, aids

n the nswer isss??

The answer is option C.
This is lifted from a Book review in New Yorker.

Yes. Answer is C. Key is looking at the second blank and then eliminating. At least I did this.

Realy nice initiative..
My take on fill up, option D

Anyone who post questions post in a serial number order so that posting the answers as well as discussing will be easier.. i.e., the next person post the question using q.no:2 pls..

Q.No: 2
My contribution, 1 from PJ

A. The guy who is throwing out the garbage offers customers a cup of water.

B. It's not all those quirky British sandwiches, thin and understated with ingredients like free-range egg mayonnaise and avocado-and-pine-nut filling.
C. The manager swings by to commiserate about the sweltering weather.
D. No, it's the employees.
E. The cashier is asking New Yorkers how they are doing - and genuinely seems to want an answer.

a.AECBD
b.BEACD
c.ECABD
d.BDEAC

my take - D
BD is mandatory link.∾/CA as well.

Staring with a FILL UP.

a) mitigating, tools
b) elevating, handicaps
d) transcending, aids

my take, option C

B. It's not all those quirky British sandwiches, thin and understated with ingredients like free-range egg mayonnaise and avocado-and-pine-nut filling.
E. The cashier is asking New Yorkers how they are doing - and genuinely seems to want an answer.

a.AECBD
b.BEACD
c.ECABD
d.BDEAC

d..
whats the OA

a.AECBD
b.BEACD
c.ECABD
d.BDEAC

My take option D