UTD MBA Fall 2013

Hi All,I am currently pursuing my MBA (Full time Cohort) at Naveen Jindal School of management, University of Texas at Dallas. If you’re interested in applying and have any queries, then feel free to post them here.

Hi All,
I am currently pursuing my MBA (Full time Cohort) at Naveen Jindal School of management, University of Texas at Dallas.

If you're interested in applying and have any queries, then feel free to post them here.

Hi GeeHathikal,

Can you please see my profile and let me know of my chances at UTD...
CGPA 8.32/10 from IIIT
Worked with Deloitte for 2 yrs in Risk Management division
GMAT score 640/800
Toefl: 110/120
Extra curriculars:- Decent, involved in community service for 1 year
Recommendations:- Very strong ( 2 senior managers of Deloitte and my university director)

Where do you think I stand?

Thanks
Jinx
@GeeHathikal said:
Hi All,
I am currently pursuing my MBA (Full time Cohort) at Naveen Jindal School of management, University of Texas at Dallas.

If you're interested in applying and have any queries, then feel free to post them here.

Hi GeeHathikal,
I've applied for R1.
670 GMAT and 30 months IT experience.
I've not heard anything about the interview. When will the interviews happen?
Guide me with some interview tips.. :)
Hi
@tejapv

I'm not able to answer that question for you, but I spoke to the admission's office and here's what they told me:
It's hard to assess a candidates chance of admission without a completed application. One way to gauge your competitiveness would be to compare yourself to our average student. This past year our average student had a 669 on the GMAT, a 3.5 undergraduate GPA (this is on a scale of 4), and 4 years of work experience. Please remember though, these figures are just averages and do not take into account other factors such as the quality of your work experience, letters of recommendation, essays, and interview (if invited to do so). Generally speaking, if you are low in any one of the quantifiable areas (GMAT, GPA, Years of Work Exp) you can compensate for this by being high in the other two. Make sense?

Thanks GeeHathikal, it makes sense.

Also, can you provide us some info with interviews, when do they happen and tips etc..?
@karthigeyank
You can check by mailing the admission창€™s office to ensure they have all of your documents.
You can email me directly [email protected] or email Srikar Mullapudi at [email protected] and check on the status of your file.

and the for the interview
The questions will usually be on why MBA, why UTD, why now, ur experience and also on ur essays and resume.

@tejapv
The interview happens on Skype, after all your documents have been submitted. It usually takes 2-3 weeks after submission and varies if there are holidays here.

And interview, the questions will be usually on why MBA, why UTD, why now, ur experience and also on ur essays and resume.
hi Geehatikal
I missed the R1(Nov 1) deadline and R2 is 1st March
the deadlines are too far apart. wil it be possible for the adcom to review appln on a rolling basis? if i apply by say dec 1st, will my appln get reviewd or will it happen only after the 2nd deadline?

Hi all, I have applied to R1 and got an interview call...any tips for the interview.

or scholarship?

@udyansharma

Share your profile..

I'm waiting for my IV call.. ATB for your interview.

@udyansharma said:
Hi all, I have applied to R1 and got an interview call...any tips for the interview.
or scholarship?
Mechanical Engineer with 2.5 yrs of exp
Worked with Nissan ashok leyland Joint venture in product development
GMAT 730/5 in AWA/7 in IR
Toefl: yet to deliver
Decent ECs and International exposure
Thanks. ATB to you too

@see_me_no_more
The application review happens monthly once. The turn around time is around 3-4 weeks after you submit the full set of documents.

@GeeHathikal

Would you please throw some light on realistic picture of financial aid to students?

@udyansharma
Most of the Indian students get scholarships. For our batch all Indian students have got in-state tuition fees which reduces the actual fees to half.
If applied in R1 the probability of getting more scholarships is high plus TA job too.

@GeeHathikal sent yu a message. wud be sincerely thankful if yu cud reply...
@udyansharma I have replied for the same. Please check
@GeeHathikal Done with my interview.. It was a great experience with Lisa. Eagerly awaiting my results and scholarships. When will the results be mailed?

@karthigeyank Thats good!
How did it go?
Share your experience.

And you might get to know probably during January first week or second week max since last two weeks of December will be a holiday here.

Good luck
@GeeHathikal My IV went good. She asked about my profile, hobbies and why UTD. Then i enquired about the 16 month program rather than normal 2 yrs program and some other things.. my communication was average only.. also my profile stands at a position of a normal student. i was asked to say some thing about me unique which would add some value to my profile..