UT@ Austin - McCombs: Intrview and Beyond

Hi Guyz, Has neone got interviewed with UT@Austin for MBA - Fall2007? Lets start the thread for interview questions for McCombs… - Ricky

Hi Guyz,

Has neone got interviewed with UT@Austin for MBA - Fall2007?
Lets start the thread for interview questions for McCombs...

- Ricky

I have applied to McCombs and waiting for i interview invite.The status on the McCombs App status page shows that the admissions committee is reviewing my application

Hi guys,
I had applied for R1 and then got an interview call from McCombs 2 weeks back. I interviewed with an alumni in Mumbai yest and it was OK. Not sure when i ll get the results!!!!

Hi guys,
I had applied for R1 and then got an interview call from McCombs 2 weeks back. I interviewed with an alumni in Mumbai yest and it was OK. Not sure when i ll get the results!!!!

It will be very helpful if you could share some questions that you were asked. TIA

Hi...
I too applied for Austin R1...
Wating for an interview call..
called them last week, adcom says u can expect some kind of status latest by next 2 weeks or may be max by 4 weeks.

Chap: when did you apply, imean the date ....
Plz share ur profile with us !!

Thanks,

My profile:
GMAT: 740
Work-ex: 3yrs in IT (by the time i join MBA)
xtracurr: Not bad

I applied on Nov 1st. Got an interview call on Dec 5th!

Interview Q's: Why MBA? Why do you want to switch over to finance? Thats it. The alumni was very much interested in knowing about why finance thing. Total interview time was 45 mins.

My profile:
GMAT: 740
Work-ex: 3yrs in IT (by the time i join MBA)
xtracurr: Not bad

I applied on Nov 1st. Got an interview call on Dec 5th!

Interview Q's: Why MBA? Why do you want to switch over to finance? Thats it. The alumni was very much interested in knowing about why finance thing. Total interview time was 45 mins.

hey...ur profile looks very much similiar as mine...which alll schools have u applied? any results till date?
hellojp Says
hey...ur profile looks very much similiar as mine...which alll schools have u applied? any results till date?

Darden - Interview call
Cornell - Reject
McDonough - Interview completed.

How about you?
Darden - Interview call
Cornell - Reject
McDonough - Interview completed.

How about you?

Nothing going in favour of me:

Chicago: Rejected w/o interview
Cornell: Rejected w/o interview
Insead:Rejected w/o interview
Darden: Waiting for interview call
Stern : Waiting for interview call
Rochester: Waiting for interview call
Haas: Waiting for interview call

I saw on BW forums that McCombs has started giving out invites. How are you guys doing? I did not apply but just wanted to check upon you guys.

Kigkid,

Could let us know till what time can sbdy expect a call from Austin.....May be if you can share the info of BW !!

Kigkid,

Could let us know till what time can sbdy expect a call from Austin.....May be if you can share the info of BW !!

Hi,

I had applied to UT on 1st Nov (appl packet by post had reached them by 25th Oct), got an interview call two and a half weeks back and got interviewed by an alumni @ bbay this week. Hope this info is of help.

Regards,
Ricky

Ricky,

share your profile please .What all was asked in the interview?

Thanks
Arnik

Kigkid,

Hey, look at the last couple of pages on this thread
BusinessWeek registration

you can also look on admissions411.com - Business school admission stats, waitlist, and MBA application info (411)

Hope it helps!
Hi,

I had applied to UT on 1st Nov (appl packet by post had reached them by 25th Oct), got an interview call two and a half weeks back and got interviewed by an alumni @ bbay this week. Hope this info is of help.

Regards,
Ricky

Hey dude....

Are the interviews recommended or by invitation only?

Rightzzz

Hi ,

I have just received a interview call from Austin. I have sent a email from the online interview scheduling system to an alumni. I had submitted the form on 20th Nov.

Now the questions for people who have had there interviews
1. What was the venue for your interview ?
2. Did u suggest the venue for the interview or did the interviewer choose it?

Any tips you could give for the interview or interview process that you went through for Austin would be extremely helpful.

Thanks in Advance :smile:

P.S. Interviews are by invitation only.

Hey Silas,

What did you mean by submitted form by 20th Nov..
When did you submit your app man...

I am waiting for a call.

Hey Silas,

What did you mean by submitted form by 20th Nov..
When did you submit your app man...

I am waiting for a call.

App submitted online on 12-13 Nov.
Recos + Transcripts reached austin on 20th Nov.

I applied on Nov 1st, though they say it went for processing only on nov 15th.

DId you talk to any of the guys of adcomm.

THis is dragging soo much !!!:(
Could you share ur profile !!